• Triptideom - May 25, 2013 11:14 a.m.

I will buy both, and get back to you in a year and a half. Deciding factors will include, but not be exclusive to; graphics(duh), keyboard/mouse compatibility, price of of network. What I don't care about is making old games new, c.i.p. Ace Combat Assault Horizon, stop using badass titles to dupe us into buying crap, give us the games we love with better graphics and customizability, if your gonna change it...change the title too. Those are just opinions...however, I speak for the entire console gaming community when I say "PC gamers can assign any game action to any keyboard or mouse button they want, why can't I. COME ON!!!! IF I WANT TO JUMP WITH THE D-PAD WHY CAN'T I?!?!?! I don't want to jump with the D-pad...just sayin
  • ZeeCaptain - May 25, 2013 4:51 p.m.

Alright GO, one year and a half on the clock starting ...... Now! You'd better not forget to get back to me T_T.
  • Triptideom - May 29, 2013 4:50 p.m.

Let's make it 20 months, that'll give me time to digest the 2014 holiday releases. Let's be honest with ourselves though, both systems are gonna be uh-MAAZING. I'm gonna play the crap out of both Forza 5 and Gran Turismo 6. There's no argument here, I'll give an honest review of both. If you want a preliminary opinion: coke is better than pepsi and Chevy is better than ford, but not as good as Toyota...there you have it
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 4:53 a.m.

At least the PS4 is going to have GAMES. Good games. Mostly in Japan, but good games nonetheless.
  • g1rldraco7 - May 25, 2013 4:35 a.m.

I am on team Xbox to the end and if you don't like it, TS baby!!!! :P
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 4:52 a.m.

You must be very rich as well as dumb to buy a DVR that has a Xbox controller attached to it.
  • Aceremi - May 25, 2013 5:10 a.m.

I think he's just COD fanboy
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 5:25 a.m.

"You get a dog! It's someone you care about." Just like Pokemon. "You can slide!" Everyone has done that. "Interactive fog!" So? "Story!" Pfft. SURE. "Underwater levels!" That's been around since the 80's. "Jumping over walls!" Just like the last game, and the game before that, and the game before that, and so on. Nice icon. It kinda reminds me of Marisa Kirisame from Touhou.
  • Figments - May 25, 2013 7:56 a.m.

You /do/ know that all Sony announced was the gaming-related features and not anything else, right? We have no idea what they're planning up their sleeves for non-gamers. It may as well be the same thing Microsoft is doing. Just selling a game box isn't as profitable as it once was.
  • Fireninjastar - May 25, 2013 9:34 a.m.

if you're not a gamer, don't bother buying the console! What are you gonna use it for when you're not playing games? To make kool-aid?
  • Ronnie-_- - May 25, 2013 1:33 p.m.

A console needs to be able to do more things than just play games to convince consumers to buy a piece of tech upwards of three-hundred dollars. All devices do multiple things now and there's no reason that consoles shouldn't do the same.
  • ZeeCaptain - May 25, 2013 4:58 p.m.

Yes but are you going to buy the console just to watch hulu and go on Facebook? I'm talking about non-gamers, why would they want to buy a console, sure some gamers may like the idea of having a netflix app or a twitter app, but why is the game industry so interested in making things better for their non-targeted audience. I feel if an analogy would help, ok say your a non-driver, your 15 you don't have a learners permit or a license and you're not worried about it for another good two or three years. Would you go out and buy a car? For what to sit in it and play the radio? It makes no sense.
  • Nines - May 24, 2013 9:49 p.m.

SteamBox / PC
  • archnite - May 24, 2013 2:30 p.m.

We haven't seen the PS4 yet but the Xbox box is pretty ugly...to close to call.
  • Child Of Death - May 24, 2013 12:46 p.m.

I love how this article neglected talking about the required daily 24 hr internet check and used games essentially being fucked over. This alone makes the PS4 a 100 times more appealing.
  • Figments - May 24, 2013 7:11 p.m.

1) Policies change many many times before a product launch. I expect that by E3, all this nonsense will be sorted out. Until then, cool your jets. 2) They haven't even said anything about used games yet other than "we're working on making sure you can still play used games." Check the official FAQ, bro.
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:35 p.m.

Wrong: "The bits are on your hard drive. At the end of the play session, when I take my disc home - or even if I leave it with you - if you want to continue to play that game [on your profile] then you have to pay for it." - Phil Harrison, Microsoft Corporate VP http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one He also seems pretty darn certain about the whole online thing. "I think the key point to make is that Xbox One requires an internet connection." Notice he doesn't say it may require a connection, or that they're considering requiring an internet connection. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt but it hardly seems like it's something that might change.
  • Figments - May 24, 2013 7:50 p.m.

And then you read elsewhere where he's redacting his previously stated info and saying something completely different. The point is that there's a multitude of mixed messages from everyone everywhere and it's confusing the hell out of an already tangled mess.
  • bebl09 - May 24, 2013 7:56 p.m.

Source? Not saying I don't believe you, I just haven't seen this. MS need to come out and clarify the situation because it's making it worse them telling us all these contradictory things and then leaving it a mess and not clearing anything up.
  • Figments - May 25, 2013 6:59 a.m.

You're the first one to ask me for a source! :D I'm actually surprised; usually people devolve into petty name-calling by now. Anywho, here you go: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/phil-harrison-xbox-one/