Topics

Pokemon

• tehtimeisnow - July 16, 2013 12:37 a.m.

face it nitedno the 3ds is a faleure and pokaman is just a fad for idoits that dont now real games seruiosely cuz dedacated handhelds r dead tecology anyways cuz iphone is way more poewerfull and the ganes only cost a doller so its way much more cheaper to play the ganes
  • Frieza - July 15, 2013 7:34 p.m.

I wasn't too fond of Honedge when it was first announced, but it's grown onto me already. And it looks a lot better than an ice cream cone... After reading over the article, I found an error in your information. On the Sylveon panel, you wrote: "...and the Moon Stone is, up until now, the only stone that WON'T turn Eevee into something, so perhaps we'll be using a Moon Stone to gain Sylveon." This isn't true. There are many evolutionary stones that do not make Eevee evolve. These include the Leaf Stone, Sun Stone, Shiney Stone Dusk Stone, and Dawn Stone (and it's a bit of a stretch, but the Everstone as well). Of course, you could say that you meant out of all the stones in Gen I, but the Leaf Stone was introduced in Gen I and does not cause Eevee to evolve to this day. I might be stating the obvious, but I just thought I would mention it.
  • BladedFalcon - July 15, 2013 7:26 p.m.

Hm... so the first version exclusive pokemon have been revealed... frankly, both look underwhelming to me, so I'm definitely still sticking with Y version. However, Honedge looks awesome!!! though... Is GameFreak suddenly pandering to me? I mean, a Blade AND a Falcon pokemon in this gen alone? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
  • shawksta - July 16, 2013 8:06 a.m.

Massive coincedence? XD
  • BladedFalcon - July 16, 2013 8:58 a.m.

OR IS IT???? Anyway, I'm starting to consider getting trough the game using only those two Pokemons as my mains, naming one BLADED and the other FALCON. XD My only gripe with Honedge is that while his typing combination is cool, and he's probably going to be offensive oriented... (as I prefer them top be.) Ghost and Steel types are both kinda horrible elements as far as offense go XD UNLESS.... Ghost became super effective against the new fairy type? :3
  • shawksta - July 16, 2013 10:18 a.m.

We have to consider new moves this gen with bring and what other moves Honedge has access to. He gets no guard as an ability (%100 accuracy to anything you use but it affects your opponent as well) so things might get interesting. His ghost typing will help against Fighting types as their immune, we cant say for sure about Fairy type but who knows.
  • BladedFalcon - July 16, 2013 11 a.m.

Yes, but I mean, as far as offensive elements go, Steel is the worst there is save from normal and poison, and there's not much that ghost does that Dark doesn't do better. which is kinda annoying for someone like me, who's main playstyle is focused mainly on hitting hard, fast and always exploring the enemy's weaknesses with as little pokemon possible. So the fact that ghost and steel don't really cover many weaknesses is kind of an annoying combination for my style of offense. (offensively, my favorite types are ground, ice and water, so i think so can see what I mean.) But you're right though, definitely going to wait to see and know more. Also, that ability sounds like the kind of thing I love. I hate relying on accuracy or chance.
  • winner2 - July 15, 2013 6:01 p.m.

I want that swirlix but I want the Y legendary...god damnit.
  • Frieza - July 15, 2013 7:34 p.m.

Ditto. There's always trading though.
  • BladedFalcon - July 15, 2013 8:18 p.m.

This. And every gen seems to be easier, specially because now you can trade online. It's not a PERFECT system by any means, at least up until gen V. But at the very least it's a way more feasible options for anyone who doesn't have friends or family that have the opposite copy. Like me.
  • shawksta - July 15, 2013 4:40 p.m.

DAT KRAKEN MALAMAR, 10/10 Using it regardless of tiers Notice how Malamar is literally Inkay upside down and then evolving. The method of evolution is doing exactly that, using the 3DS's gyroscope to turn it upside down.
  • pokepark7 - June 29, 2013 2:56 p.m.

I totally thought there were more Pokemon out ........ oh well but you gotta admit that the next gen Pokemon names are so out there XD
  • bee2005 - June 29, 2013 8:34 a.m.

How about pokemons; they could wear armors, carry many kind of weapons, ride animals and vehicles and more in the game?
  • winner2 - June 28, 2013 8:54 p.m.

That fucking goat is so underwhelming I wish I could steal back that use of ATP in my brain to process the image of it
  • slimjim441 - June 28, 2013 1:53 p.m.

These are shaping up to be much better looking than the terrible excuse for pokemon that was gen 5. Still don't think they measure up to gen's 1-3, but that's my personal bias. The game itself looks too good to pass up though, regardless of how bad the pokemon are. This might be wild speculation, but does anyone else think Giovanni/Team Rocket has something to do with this new Mewtwo and will finally make a comeback?
  • BladedFalcon - June 28, 2013 7:33 a.m.

o.O HOLY FUCKBALLS TALONFLAME LOOKS AMAZING AND IT'S TOTALLY GONNA BE MY MAIN POKEMON REGARDLESS OF STATS *coughs* Hey, I love falcons, can you tell? :P Seriously though, Typing alone, Talonflame has the potential to be the coolest early found flying type in the series. My only slight problem is that I don't like to repeat types in my party, and Fennekin is by far the starter I like the most -.- But oh well, sacrifices must be made, i s'posse. Not just that, but so far from what I've seen, this is shaping to be my favorite designs overall since gen I. I mean, Vyvern also looks awesome, and holy crap we have a Panda AND a Lion! two species that when you think about it, it's kinda mind blowing that they hadn't been featured properly until now. So I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. ...That being said... another friggin' butterfly? Godammit Game Freak, having 2 of those already isn't enough for you??? At least this one seems to have the best design out of the three, but still... Lastly, am I the only one that so far seems to be seeing somewhat of a bias towards fire pokemon? not that I'm complaining mind, Fire types are usually underrepresented in most gens.
  • slimjim441 - June 28, 2013 1:50 p.m.

As disappointing as it sounds, fire pokemon have always either been a) almost completely shat on in the cases of gens 1 and 2, or b) represented generically as in the cases of gen 4. Nothing competes with gen 1's water types though. They got so much love; it was great.
  • J-Fid - June 28, 2013 2:22 p.m.

Also, competitively, they are terrible due to Earthquake and Stealth Rock.
  • BladedFalcon - June 28, 2013 2:32 p.m.

Pfft, Not if you know how to play them. And regarding earth and rock elements, same could be said about those being terrible due to surf, so there. It all depends how you look at it.