Topics

Rockstar

• Rhymenocerous - November 11, 2010 7:19 p.m.

I've wanted a proper detective game all my life, but nobody seems to have bothered with it much. I remember being excited in Deus Ex when you got your own office and stuff. A computer, books...but sadly no cofee/brandy combos.
  • Mattattack8 - November 11, 2010 7:53 p.m.

EXTREMELY excited fo this! At first I thought it would be another Mafia game, but it's been flipped on it's ear and now the player will be a LA Detective! This is a definite buy for me. Can't wait!
  • Letter11 - November 11, 2010 7:54 p.m.

Looks great! But this time please no auto targeting Rockstar, please!
  • sarge_51 - November 11, 2010 9:26 p.m.

I'm getting really good signals from this game. To me, Heavy Rain kinda seemed like it was saying "OMG look at how mature I am and stuff! I totally am mature! Look! See?" (To be fair, I never played Heavy Rain, so these are the impressions I've gathered from trailers etc.) Here, however, I see actual maturity, and hopefully an awesome story. Just can't wait to see some gameplay.
  • minelbp - November 11, 2010 9:37 p.m.

sadly, like red dead, this ain't ever coming to PC. Even though GTAIV was a mess, with a few tweaks it played and looked better than anything out there.
  • D0CCON - November 11, 2010 9:52 p.m.

Ever since this summer, LA Noire shot up on my must play list. It is now just a little bit behind Portal 2. Hopefully it sells several million copies. If a game can break a sales record because of a name change (MW2 becoming BO was the biggest change the game made), then what is shaping up to be an awesome, much more UNIQUE game deserves some sales too.
  • Spybreak8 - November 11, 2010 10:01 p.m.

Looks good animation wise. Glad I didn't buy Mafia II, looks similar.
  • TheIronMaiden - November 11, 2010 10:47 p.m.

that actually looked REALLY good. Those facial features really were fantastic.
  • spideralex90 - November 11, 2010 11:08 p.m.

YES! I can't freaking wait for this game.
  • spideralex90 - November 11, 2010 11:11 p.m.

@D0CCON: I haven't played BO's yet, but I already know its the same damn thing. it's kinda sad really.
  • MeanwhileGuy - November 12, 2010 12:50 a.m.

Meh. Just looks like 1930's GTA with cops as protagonists instead of criminals. And I don't understand why everyone's banging on about how realistic the characters are, Heavy Rain and even Uncharted had far better mocap and facial animation.
  • lovinmyps3 - November 12, 2010 1:22 a.m.

It looks like they have the atmosphere pinned! I really can't wait for this, period pieces are the best!
  • bass88 - November 12, 2010 1:30 a.m.

@Rhymenocerous Did you ever play the Blade Runner game? It might suit you. You collect clues and study them. It could have been more detailed but it's still the closest I've seen of a true detective game. You could also try Ripper but I recommend just watching this instead: http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/lets-play/ripper/page/2/ @sarge_51 Don't bother with Heavy Rain. It's suffers from very poor writing and over-directed sequences. And it's standards of maturity are as high as A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.
  • ElAmmoBandito - November 12, 2010 2:07 a.m.

I had my purdy little eyes on this ever since it was announced!Nice to see some footage!
  • GangsterJew92 - November 12, 2010 2:23 a.m.

Not many games sell me on the first trailer, but L.A. Noire looks fantastic.
  • ShaneCedt - November 12, 2010 3:03 a.m.

Eff you Mafia 2!
  • Jackelsburg - November 12, 2010 3:40 a.m.

this looks like its gonna be one awesome game
  • Xobi - November 12, 2010 9:36 a.m.

Cant Wait, this will be brilliant
  • VTheSystemV - November 12, 2010 10 a.m.

Haven't been following this much, but the trailer. Oh. My. God. This might just be the Red Dead Redemption of 2011, and Red Dead Redemption has possibly the greatest single player story I have ever seen. It was engrossing, the characters all had their own charm, and the way they made the USA in 1911 was perfect. It FELT like 1911. If the trailer is anything to go by, Rockstar will make an amazing game. Consider me happy.
  • WalrusTusks - November 12, 2010 6:17 p.m.

Great googly moogly! Don't remeber the last time I was excited for a Rockstar game. Sign me up!