• zastbat - June 12, 2010 3:20 a.m.

Raziel finished his circle his story is done however Kain his was just beginning in the series unless you count blood omen 2.
  • Cwf2008 - June 12, 2010 12:30 a.m.

"brilliant Legacy onfKain: Soul Reaver"....what?
  • gilgamesh310 - June 11, 2010 10:32 p.m.

Im glad gamesradar finally show the legacy of kain series some much needed recognition. Raziel was and still is one of my favourite game characters of all time and the soul reaver series had one of the deepest, well written, excellently voice acted stories in gaming history. Kain's games weren't as good I suppose but there definately should be a revival of the franchise. Regina was probably one of the best female game characters around too. I loved the way she would kick velociraptors off her when they knocked her down, although I prefer dino crisis 1 to 2. The sequel got very repetitive with too many unrelenting swarms of dinosaurs coming at you at once. It lacked the brilliant slow paced atmosphere of the first.
  • RebornKusabi - June 11, 2010 10:01 p.m.

Out of all of the games in this article, I still to this day play through Dino Crisis due to how much I loved it when it came out and still to this day. I never played Dino Crisis 3 but when I saw the cast of characters, jet-packs and "space-dinosaurs" and the setting being changed from an island trapped in a time-loop to the ship from Event Horizon... yeah, I never played it >_>
  • metalgatesolid - June 11, 2010 9:35 p.m.

The Duke cant die. He lives in all 90s gamers and will be with all of us till the very end. Solid Snake, Mario, Sonic (retro version), The Duke, all characters no one will ever forget.
  • Conman93 - June 11, 2010 9:16 p.m.

What about spyro and crash. Well I guess they are still alive, but its not a good life :(
  • Spybreak8 - June 11, 2010 9:06 p.m.

eh, Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuit settled very conveniently before E3: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64233
  • Spybreak8 - June 11, 2010 8:59 p.m.

mmhhmm, nods head
  • BluesyFish - June 11, 2010 8:54 p.m.

Tomba! I played the demo for the first one sooo many times. My game rental place didn;t have it, but they got Tomba 2, and I rented it, didn't beat it the first time, rented it again, and then my brother beat it and was like "ok, it's finished, don't rent it again." i just miss his hair mostly.
  • Dragonflame - June 11, 2010 8:34 p.m.

While he cannot be declared dead yet i am currently fearing for the fate of Spyro. No word in years despite it being said Dawn of the Dragon would not be the last. I hope or some info, and i hope for it soon.
  • Eaxis - June 11, 2010 8:26 p.m.

I hope Lorne Lanning reveals an Abe game, or a project he's been working on. It's time for an Oddworld comeback.
  • ShitMittensShittyKittens - June 11, 2010 8:19 p.m.

There's a typo, 2nd page 1st paragraph. It says " Legacy onfKane" just thought I'd say...
  • slimjim441 - June 11, 2010 7:47 p.m.

Sonic the Hedgehog
  • theyouthcard - June 11, 2010 7:01 p.m.

Soul Reaver was without a doubt the reason I fell in love with games!! The first one was so vast and enjoyable that I would still play it today if my PS3 was backward compatible! Soul Reaver 2 was a let down and Defiance was pretty cool but I didnt like the emphasis pushed onto Kain!! Bring back Raziel PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!
  • jakery22 - June 11, 2010 6:44 p.m.

:O. Sarges heroes 2. How much i loved that game. I could never play it, but i loved it. I'd love to have a go on a next gen console. If it coming out this year i might just buy it. I may be the only one but I'm going to buy it. :D.
  • Kipper - June 11, 2010 6:31 p.m.

"Before this, we’d seen Ryo become Japan’s answer to Inspector Poirot..." Poirot was a private detective, not a policeman. Perhaps you are thinking of Inspector Japp.
  • d0x - June 11, 2010 5:56 p.m.

I would kill for a new Legacy of Kain game. Sadly the lady who wrote the amazing story from Soul Reaver on (except blood omen 2) left for Naughty Dog a few years back so even if they did make another game her original and twisted vision would probably be killed. Oh Amy Hennig please send me the end of the story PLEASE!!!! The LOK games have some of the best voice acting in gaming and the stories were so damn involving and epic. Of any game series thats not dead that I could bring back it would be that one. I would even sacrifice Shenmue to see the end of Legacy of Kain.
  • revrock - June 11, 2010 5:45 p.m.

Any of the characters from Killer Instinct, too...
  • russman - June 11, 2010 5:31 p.m.

I dream daily of a reviving of Toejam and Earl. Oh the happy Megadrive memories of 1 & 2. Yes there was a #3 but it didnt have the same 16 bit magic.
  • LaffPiranha - June 11, 2010 5:14 p.m.

MegaMan Legends definitely needs a comeback, since they left 'ole Rock stranded on the friggin' Moon! Hell, if Capcom doesn't want to sink all of their financial resources on an HD-laden successor then they should just release a third installment on the DS or PSP. But I digress; such a thing will surely never transpire. As for another 90s character due for a comeback...perhaps another Tomba game, maybe?