• Shayz - January 4, 2014 6:41 a.m.

My favorite Final Fantasy is 12, followed by 13. Yeah, they were both really bad final fantasy games, and maybe 12's story, or 13's linear gameplay weren't the best either...but I still liked them for the beauty, the music, and the different gameplay style. I also love Dust 514 as an amazing, everchanging free-to-play game. It doesn't have the playerbase of CoD or the realisticness of Battlefield, but at least the game feels like it has meaning when I play. The community is great, it isn't dominated by 12 year old kids, and I get to connect with EVE players who then shoot lasers from space down to the planet.
  • pl4y4h - January 4, 2014 10:46 a.m.

Technically idk if those XII and XIII fit as "bad"games at least in the context of this article.
  • Cyberninja - January 4, 2014 3:56 p.m.

I wouldn't say 12 or 13 are bad FF games sure they aren't for everyone but they are still both games of quality.
  • cJinL - January 5, 2014 12:42 p.m.

XII is actually one of the best in the series, objectively. It's just fans who were biased against the unfamiliar style.
  • sephex - January 7, 2014 6:12 a.m.

Agreed.
  • cbrinkmann1981 - July 17, 2014 6:23 a.m.

I know that this is a late response, but I think you need to look up what the word "objective" means, because it doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.
  • GOD - January 3, 2014 11:11 p.m.

I'm kind of a mechanic snob so I'm not really able to bring myself to buy games I know will frustrate me on a gameplay level. If it has enough charm or aesthetic I'll give it some leeway but otherwise I just can't do it. By mechanic snob I just mean gameplay that doesn't feel smooth or is the product of bad design. Like a camera that controls like garbage or a character that somehow moves like a greased tank that is simultaneously slow and also manages to go feet past where you wanted to turn. I usually experience these things in demos for games I'm skeptical about and that's enough for me. FUSE for example just felt really bad to me. Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time getting into Monster Hunter? It just feels clunky... not like Demon's Souls though where my character is heavy, because that actually feels smooth even when I'm slower.
  • GOD - January 3, 2014 11:21 p.m.

On the other hand, I'm all for watching others play bad games ala GR playing Ride to Hell. Except for the parts so bad that they skipped being funny and were just bad again. Also I'll acknowledge your love for that music and say that it sounded good, although not really my thing. The related videos lead me to another song of hers though which I found almost hypnotic. (Put at the end of a tiny u r l to watch video, minus the spaces: Stupid Spam Blocker 1) Personally I'm more of a T.M. Revolution kind of guy, but that's just me. (Put at the end of a tiny u r l to watch video, minus the spaces: Stupid Spam Blocker 2) This spam filter is really annoying, but hey, I was able to beat it with a convoluted system.... wait wasn't I just talking about bad mechanics? Does spam blocker count??
  • GOD - January 3, 2014 11:25 p.m.

It worked! I beat it, somehow, know idea, but yes!
  • GOD - January 3, 2014 11:23 p.m.

On the other hand, I'm all for watching others play bad games like GR playing Ride to Hell. Except for the parts so bad that they skipped being funny and were just bad again.
  • SonicHunter - January 3, 2014 11 p.m.

Hey, all you need to make any game look good is a yearly dose of Sonic 06. That game is hilariously bad. You can't document all the things wrong with it in under 3 hours, minimum.
  • Cyberninja - January 3, 2014 9:36 p.m.

I agree wholeheartedly, some of the games I consider the most fun have had low rating. Like the force unleashed for wii, it didn't get the best reviews, but I would say its on of my favorite wii games and I own more wii games then most people
  • shawksta - January 3, 2014 9:18 p.m.

I really love Telltales CSI games. Once you get used to the gameplay, its great, and the murders get really interesting.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 3, 2014 8:01 p.m.

I bought Castlevania Judgement day one and it still haunts me, but I liked it.
  • Earthbound_X - January 3, 2014 11:51 p.m.

Why is Gamerader saying my comments are spam?
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 4, 2014 6:52 p.m.

Seems there's a gremlin in the works, we'll get it ironed out soon!
  • pl4y4h - January 3, 2014 5:07 p.m.

Crap games are good for me since i can watch entertaining let's players or other gamers play, commentate, or just straight up sh*t on them, but i don't think i'd ever buy one.....unless i already have unknowingly
  • mikey-sleepygecko-mccann - January 3, 2014 4:48 p.m.

i loved deadly premonition. my friend bought it, played it for a day and hated it so he told me if i complete it i could keep it so i did and the story line was boss... but past that 80 percent of the game was awful but i love it... what do you think, zach?
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 3, 2014 8:18 p.m.

Haha no offense to him but your friend is a FOOL!
  • JMarsella09 - January 3, 2014 4:27 p.m.

One of my favorite games of all time, Rule of Rose, is a terrible game. And yet every time I bring it out again for another playthough a smile forms across my face. I think everyone has something like that. Guilty pleasures are guilty pleasures.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - January 3, 2014 8:19 p.m.

I keep meaning to borrow that from Mikel Reparaz, and also I need to get Haunting Ground