We Recommend

• afroninjakatana - July 15, 2009 8:22 p.m.

I thought DOA was pretty good. That's because it's made about one of my favorite games
  • NullG7 - March 24, 2009 1:06 a.m.

Wow Im not suprized look in that picture of DOA you can see they splurged on plastic swords
  • ugthecaveman - March 21, 2009 10:24 p.m.

i thnk every movie on this list was pure garbage its surprising how the ones on the 1st page made that much its not surprising on the 2nd page
  • Jpeg - March 21, 2009 9:35 p.m.

in my opinion Hitman is the most decent game-movie ive seen
  • deathrebellion - March 21, 2009 12:25 p.m.

well not all video game movies suk. SH wuz gud i heard
  • derringer83 - March 20, 2009 1:53 p.m.

I'm gonna put this out there for all the idiots that think that Hitman was terrible. It was actually a very solid movie. Olyphant definitely held his own and was way better than Statham would've been, due to the fact that Statham is so recognizable which totally kills the whole idea. Also, Max Payne was not a bad movie, a little strange but c'mon the game was wacked too.
  • Unoriginal - March 20, 2009 1:03 p.m.

Video game movies will probably always suck but they seem to be making their moneys worth. If they made a movie out of a franchise I loved, let's say Zelda, and everyone would say it sucked I would still probably go see it. If we want these to go away or get better we need to stop seeing them and that probably will never happen so we are stuck this way. But Tomb Raider>Godfather, that's unbelievable. Interesting article
  • somerandomchap - March 20, 2009 7:27 a.m.

ha no one likes video game movies, they are sooo bad. and that reminds me, over here in australia they are showing tomb raider 2 on tv... lucky me
  • jtslugmaster10 - March 20, 2009 3:25 a.m.

@ monkeylink i defiantly agree with that and i havent even seen the movie but based on the commercials i think so too. and yes tomb raider is more like 1/10^100 compared to the godfathers but Angelina is just really hot thats the only reason it did well but what can u do
  • Monkeylink - March 20, 2009 2:34 a.m.

I kinda thought Jason Statham should have been in Hitman, he just would have been better
  • RedOutlive10 - March 20, 2009 1:53 a.m.

Even if that first Tomb Raider movie made money, it is far from being 1/100 of what The Godfather is in terms of quality.
  • MacGyver1138 - March 19, 2009 7:10 p.m.

It is pretty interesting to see this represented with actual numbers. The worst part about most of these is that the game stories have potential to be pretty good movies. Max Payne especially disappointed me, as they could have just followed the game storyline and thrown in some slow motion gunfights and it would have been decent. It would have been better than the convoluted mess that got made instead.
  • Matt Cundy - March 19, 2009 4:04 p.m.

@Bossco Game publishers are much more cagey about budgets and earnings than movie distributors. Success is measured more in number of copies sold, not amount of dollars made.
  • vic88 - March 19, 2009 3:03 p.m.

ugh horrible movies cant be forgotten, must redeem self by playing there game counterparts... ahh thats more lke it
  • Kattleox - March 19, 2009 2:03 p.m.

I'm glad to see that all the lousy ones are massive failures.
  • Bossco - March 19, 2009 1:43 p.m.

Good article but how much money did the actual games make compared to the movies? Or have you already done that feature?
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - April 3, 2009 10:39 p.m.

I saw the first MK in the theater FIVE TIMES. Then saw Armageddon once and kinda regretted it. Now, I LOVE Armageddon. It's easily the best awful movie in existence.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - March 25, 2009 9:50 p.m.

Hey, DOA was a surprisingly fun movie, and it was even relatively faithful to the game's plot. Plus it has Eric Roberts at his overacting best. I'd actually say it's one of the better videogame movies made to date, although that's not saying much as most videogame movies are irredeemable piles of shit.
  • stickboy8 - March 24, 2009 6:22 p.m.

I haven't actually seen any of these movies but they look pretty bad
  • ZombieGenocider - March 22, 2009 2:18 p.m.

Not all of them are bad, just most. I love the Resident Evil films and Mortal Kombat (mock me all you want :P). I blame Uwe Boll for most of the failures (Bloodrayne anyone?), I did enjoy Mario Bros. when I was younger, but now I can see why it failed.