Topics

Valve

We Recommend

• Jacko415 - April 19, 2011 1:13 a.m.

At the end of Portal 2 Chel is gonna cause the borealis to vannish somehow and we'll realize that portal is a prelude to Half life 2 EP 3 BAM! NOW FUCKING RELEASE IT
  • WillisTron - April 18, 2011 9:56 p.m.

You know what else I could see happening? It's a stretch, but could be one of the craziest things ever done in gaming - have Portal 2 BECOME Half-life Episode 3 like half-way through. Idk, most likely not, but what better opportunity could there be to release Episode 3 right with Portal 2?? They've already introduced it to thousands of console gamers, so I doubt they'll shun them and have a PC only release (not to mention this would increase sales). And while most people are looking for a full length game rather than an episodic entry, realistically I don't see Episode 3 as a stand-alone product, after all this wait I highly doubt they'll just release it as a little episode. I see either 1. It's a full new game, or 2. it's part of Portal 2 somehow. Just grabbing at straws though really :P
  • mattmaranan - April 18, 2011 7:30 p.m.

There's a subtle reference in portal 2 about l4d.....this is maybe a spoiler?? But Glados says this line when you reactivate her "Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby....like reanimate the dead" ? could be a reference? who knows haha
  • Lionzest7 - April 18, 2011 7:07 p.m.

@thewhitelight what reason would anyone have for releasing episode 3 on a new engine? If they're going to make a new engine might as well make Half Life 3 instead of episode 3 just for it.
  • shadowreaper72 - April 18, 2011 6:36 p.m.

Yes!!! Its about damn time!!! Better sharpen my crowbar!!!
  • iano - April 18, 2011 6:34 p.m.

Half Life 2 Episode 3 is Portal 2. Portal 2 is Half Life Episode 3. I had Half Life the day it came out, I bought it in Dixons, that makes me know shit. I am the greatest of all Half Life supporters, I even wrote a song when Opposing Force came out. Any body questions my knowledge; one word... Lies.
  • CH3BURASHKA - April 18, 2011 5:22 p.m.

Honestly, I'm all out of words of joy, or frustration, or anger, or happiness. Just fucking release it...
  • TheWhiteLight - April 18, 2011 4:35 p.m.

I still believe there will be a proper Episode 3, but seeing as how Valve has refused to release even one screenshot of it, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be running in whatever new engine that they're developing, which would also be used for a full Half-Life 3 game. I feel like they will release HL2 Episode 3 as a relatively short precurser to the full Half Life 3 game. Valve has to be well into development on whatever new engine they're working on, but I'm guessing they're gonna want to make it comparably more powerful than the last source engine. The last engine unfortunately came out a little too soon, and wasn't quite powerful enough to become a widely used in this console generation. You better believe Valve will want their next one to be top of the line, along with the Crytek and Unreal engines.
  • FOZ - April 18, 2011 3:36 p.m.

The internets already started figuring this out the week following April 1st (that "potato day" update). But I don't think we'll get anything good until E3.
  • darkrider105 - April 18, 2011 3:26 p.m.

Here's to hoping that this article is right!
  • angelusdlion - April 18, 2011 2:54 p.m.

the wiki mentions 5) Old entertainment packages which have not been updated Steam is coming to the PS3.. does this mean that the orange box for ps3 will be updated fnally?
  • ThatGuyFromTV - April 18, 2011 2:11 p.m.

Now what could hb1 mean?
  • Xophen - April 18, 2011 1:55 p.m.

@lukas1051 We don't criticize them because they make great games, they take fucking ages to put them out yeah. But they're still great games. I'm fairly sure it'll be a full sequel but even if its just an episode i'll be happy. Because I know it'll be a great experience.
  • lukas1051 - April 18, 2011 1:37 p.m.

I don't see why we're now worshipping the ground Valve walk on for hinting at a game, no not a game, half a game, that should have been released ages ago. It's about time; not that any of you Valve fanboys would dare criticise them for it. After this wait, if it's not a fully blown sequel, then they're having a bloody laugh.
  • Xophen - April 18, 2011 12:53 p.m.

@jackthemenace It took me a while to actually get into Half Life I started off at 2 and wasn't really into it. Played 1 and was hooked. Try them again, their worth it. As for the Half Life reveal it's amazing seeing how Portal and Half-Life may come together. 18 Hours from release.
  • jackthemenace - April 18, 2011 12:44 p.m.

It would be awesome to see another Half Life released, but I have a confession to make- TECHNICALLY, I've never... exactly... FINISHED... A Half-life Game... reCAPTCHA: There is absolutely NO WAY that 'ipssingl' is a word.
  • sirdilznik - April 18, 2011 12:21 p.m.

@BonesawisreadyforsomeFootball - I completely agree. At this point HL2: Episode 3 would almost be a letdown. with all the time that's elapsed since HL2: Episode 2 they should be coming out with Half-Life 3 rather than just an episode. With that said I'll take whatever I can get as long as it's Half-Life. *holds his crowbar close as he laughs maniacally and rocks back and forth in his chair* reCaptcha=radish emsedigh. The first reCaptcha had greek letters in it and I wasn't about to go there.
  • philipshaw - April 18, 2011 12:19 p.m.

Sound theory, my theory is that Portal 2 links into the start of HL2:EP3
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 18, 2011 11:57 a.m.

It's actually awesome watching this all unfold.
  • BadLadJon - April 18, 2011 11:50 a.m.

i swear to god if valve makes Episode like 1-3 hours long in the amount of time they've had to make it im gonna be pissed