• Sharkbot - December 13, 2010 5:58 p.m.

It might be good for SSX to go a little grittier, because SSX blur honestly enraged me to the point of punching little kids and my 60' TV
  • foxyexplosion - December 13, 2010 5:31 p.m.

Im just surprised we havent had combat snowboarding before, its like every middle schoolers wet dream. Not only are you a secret black ops agent but youre also an awesome totally rad snowboarder. It could use a not-SSX name though, since its not really SSXey. Unless its all a farce.
  • galvatronn - December 13, 2010 5:24 p.m.

''It's Tricky, It's Tricky''
  • thebiggestdwarf - December 13, 2010 5:22 p.m.

I think they may have been a bit sarcastic about it.
  • GLCoolJ - December 13, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Why so serious? Because gritty sequels/remakes/reboots are KEWL!
  • MJHAYLETT - December 13, 2010 4:13 p.m.

it does look a little 'X-Treme' if you get what I mean and I am sure that you do. Nothing good comes from X-ing anything up. I want Disco Afro Eddie and Kooky Kaori and Sultry Elise with added Fun not some military helicopter X-Treme snowboarding man, like woah!
  • ShaneCedt - December 13, 2010 3:58 p.m.

This is DJ Atomika, letting all you SSX riders know that a snowboarder just died on Mt. Death by impalement to the face. Ooh, what a bummer! Be careful out there. Next on Radio Big, it's the Black Eyed Peas...
  • Snowyjoe - December 13, 2010 3:54 p.m.

Why do they have to call it SSX? WHy can't they called it XSS........ or something. Same with Bioshock: Infinite!!!! If you wanna change the formula of a game then change the bloody name!!!! Or you're fans go crazy and flame you down!
  • Fredeur - December 13, 2010 3:29 p.m.

My heart is crying.
  • Tarlos - December 13, 2010 3:26 p.m.

I want the old school feel of SSX, make it fun and outrageous...as you said not so serious.
  • philipshaw - December 13, 2010 2:45 p.m.

I'm happy there is a new SSX game coming but I was hoping for more of a SSX3 vibe
  • bron1417 - December 13, 2010 2:04 p.m.

i hope it doesnt go all gritty on us. i really want something like On Tour or Tricky. those were my favorite ones hell the whole series was fun for me. just have to wait and hear what else happens with it. we have plenty of time.
  • Onepersonwithnoopinion - December 13, 2010 1:06 p.m.

There is a limit on genres that can use the gritty re-boot effectively without looking like a cheap gimic. As long as it retains the classic gameplay I'm down, but if it pulls any tricks that get in the way of that then I'm just gonna steer clear.
  • russman - December 13, 2010 12:36 p.m.

More like SSX tricky would be nice, why does everything have to be so gritty and extreme? There had better be some other hit 80's rap tune remixed for our boarding pleasure.
  • NeelEvil - December 13, 2010 12:17 p.m.

No Mix Master Mike soundtrack? That makes me a saaaaad panda.
  • acridweasel - December 13, 2010 12:16 p.m.

I desperately want a new SSX game, just not this one (if it turns out all 'gritty' and 'real' like the trailer suggests). While many fans laud Tricky as the best iteration, I preferred SSX3. 30 minutes to get from the very top to the very bottom was just epic. Still had the trademark mental feet-off-board tricks, just was huge in comparison. @tiben36 - I hope that was sarcasm. I know opinion is an individual thing, but On Tour was balls.
  • Clovin64 - December 13, 2010 12:15 p.m.

I prefer the classic OTT colourful SSX games full of fun and unlockable cow character skins, but maybe I'm just swamped in nostalgia for SSX3. I can't wait to see how this new game turns out. Maybe SSX3 will get a HD re-release soon in order to stir up hype for this new game?
  • ExcessGiraffe - December 13, 2010 11:59 a.m.

I'm more of a fan of the old, SSX. Bright skies, colourful suits and ridiculous tricks. Gritty reboots are never fun.
  • tiben36 - December 13, 2010 11:56 a.m.

WHY CANT THEY DO THIS LIKE SSX: ON TOUR?! THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!
  • Hamburgers - December 13, 2010 10:55 a.m.

Snowboard K2? Everest? Out of a Heli? I'm down for that. I just wish you could ski. In my mind snowboarding is more for tricks and shit and skiing is better for speed and random dangerous stuff like this (it would've been easier to carve a turn in that ice with skis in this video even...). I don't get why you're trying to make a joke about the wingsuit, I could see how that'd be pretty tits to fly off a lip, glide over a canyon, and land on the other side. Also has anyone noticed the ridiculous amount of gritty/grimdark revitalizations of series? It's kind of wearing on my nerves, even while I agree this game could be pretty awesome, why the dark clouds? the dark atmosphere? the serious attitude of everyone? Well whatever probably exceeded the tl;dr limit anyway