Topics

Week of Hate

• awesomesauce - April 15, 2013 9:05 p.m.

Are you going to replace it with the week of love? Not that i'm being impatient im just asking
  • Cyberninja - April 16, 2013 3:34 a.m.

I think the week of love has already been done this year
  • Sinosaur - April 16, 2013 9:26 a.m.

The week of love is usually for Valentine's Day
  • codystovall - April 15, 2013 8:58 p.m.

I dont get it, but whatevs, I only heard of this just now. If your hate was deflated thats fine, not everyone runs on hate like I.
  • JAZ9030 - April 15, 2013 8:39 p.m.

The sad thing is is that it's always the inoccent people who are affected by terrorism. It's all I can offer but my prayers go out to the victims and their familys.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 15, 2013 7:17 p.m.

Good call GR. I was actually going to make a statement about this in a previous article but nevermind that.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 15, 2013 7:15 p.m.

I hate this decision
  • awesomesauce - April 15, 2013 9:04 p.m.

lol, had me chuckle for a second with that comment. Also how often do you the week of hate & love? is it once a month?
  • Jacko415 - April 15, 2013 10:52 p.m.

once a year
  • antiAntag0nist - April 15, 2013 7:15 p.m.

While I was looking forward to the Week of Hate, I understand why it has been postponed.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 15, 2013 6:46 p.m.

That's a good idea GR, I hope whoever did this massacre is hunted down like the monsters they are and god bless everyone.
  • jeremycarrier - April 15, 2013 6:24 p.m.

Don't you think the internet has enough hate as it is? No matter what week you do it, people in this country are gonna be dying in tragic accidents, and you're gonna be making lists(because that seems to be 90% of the articles on this website, lists) about things you just hate in video games. Either you're cool with that or not.
  • SpadesSlick - April 15, 2013 6:18 p.m.

Very classy of you GR, I agree with the decision completely.
  • Lurkero - April 15, 2013 6:05 p.m.

I'm usually on the "wrong" side of these kinds of issues, but I feel like saying this. Delaying the week of hate is an annoying decision. By delaying the week of hate you are telling me that it is not okay to hate this week but it is okay to hate later? Does that mean that you will forget what happened in Boston later? It still happened so either you are okay with the week of hate or you are not okay. Perhaps you are not emotionally up to writing the week of hate right now, but pretending that hate is not okay this week, but okay later is the wrong way to phrase it. By the way, the world does not revolve around what happens in USA. There are tragedies happening every day. There will probably be a terrible bombing somewhere when you actually decide to do the week of hate. Are you not going to do it then too? I do not want to make this out to be a rant and I do not like being a downer, but someone has to say these kinds of things.
  • CROZILLA - April 15, 2013 6:12 p.m.

No, someone does not need to say "these kinds of things". I understand your point of view, but it's wrong. The show will go on (it always does), but it is irresponsible to promote a week of hate when an event caused by real life hate has effected many people maybe including GR readers. The GR staff made the right call.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2013 6:16 p.m.

I do not live in the US, yet I understand why they are doing this. First of all, the world doesn't revolve around the US, no, but this IS a US site run by US personnel mostly, and i'd wager that the majority of readers reside in the US, so it's understandable that this affects them more than happenings in other countries. Secondly, yes, tragedies happen all the time, but something very sensitive just occurred, people around the country are sad, and having an entire week devoted to "hate" things, even if by joke, could be considered insensitive by many. Which I know it's not necessarily true. But is it really that bad to delay this a few weeks more just so that people can enjoy it more?
  • BaraChat - April 15, 2013 7:28 p.m.

My thoughts exactly (BladedFalcon). I understand where Lurkero is coming from, and an argument could be made that "hating" under any circumstance is idiotic and destructive or that these are videogame-related jokes, which do not affect 80%+ of the population or that violence will happen whether or not a gaming website does a week of hate or not. But overall, delaying the week of hate is more of a good idea than a bad idea. It might annoy some people, but it's a very small price to pay if you can avoid any controversy or bad publicity. Wise and considerate decision by GR.
  • GR_TomMagrino - April 15, 2013 9:12 p.m.

There was a pretty good meme I saw on reddit today, in relation to the uselessness of prayers during a tragedy. It went something like, "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole." It works for everything you just said, too.
  • vistyle - April 15, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Yes, thank you for the consideration.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2013 5:45 p.m.

• shawksta - April 15, 2013 5:42 p.m.

Good idea