• _--_ - July 9, 2014 2:35 p.m.

--or you could buy 2 ps4s and 2 games --and --if you already have 2 tvs --you can play MP side by side in your house
  • mothbanquet - July 10, 2014 2:08 a.m.

Speaking as a PC gamer who jumped platform ship with the onset of the current generation, I have to say the time to take the plunge is NOW. PC gaming is back in full swing and honest to god, any arguments about console availability dissolve in the face of Steam/GOG/GMG/GG/half-dozen other discount site sales. I've made more than enough money back through savings on software than I would have by buying a PS3/XBO. Plus, they all run at 1080p 60+fps. Which matters when you see it. :)
  • KaoticKyle - 22 hours, 35 minutes ago

I definitely second this! My gaming PC may have cost me $1000, but it was 20 times more powerful than my PS3 and 10 times more powerful than a PS4, and I would bet money that when the PS5 comes out my computer will still play games comparably. And since I built my gaming PC I haven't paid more than $10 for any single game, and laugh when I think about buying a $60 on my PS3....so much money wasted....
  • halo_king_jesse - May 18, 2014 8:20 a.m.

Hello I know very little about computer hardware and is the computer shown a good computer? Is it fast? And will it run most games to the max or highest settings like new games such as titanfall, elderscrolls online ,bf4? Last question will this computer last a couple of years I mean this in 2 senses first is the hardware on it good and wont break after a year and will it last a long time spec wise cause I don't want to have to start buying new parts in a couple months but peas if you answer questions please provide links to new stuff thanks and im talking just about the computer shown
  • Shigeruken - July 10, 2014 12:52 a.m.

To answer your first question, yes this is a powerful build that will play most games on max settings. You are practically guaranteed to run games at 1080 at 60fps on settings that look better than the new consoles. Yes the build will last, each component has an individual warranty (in the case of the EVGA graphics card, a lifetime warranty). If you clean it out every now and then with compressed air, your rig will easily last longer than a console generation. Both the cpu and gpu are significantly more powerful than the new consoles. The cpu in particular is high end, next generation it is likely that you will only need to purchase another $240 graphics card to continue enjoying graphically superior games.
  • Scoob - July 10, 2014 7:38 p.m.

A bit of an old post, but I'm sure people want to know. And rather than repeat what Shig says, in regards to running new games on max? It depends on the game or company really. Your typical high budget AAA games are often made beyond the capabilities of current PCs on release. Crytek is famous for that. Blizzard on the other hand makes games with technically inferior graphics. If Blizzard released a AAA game this year, a system from 2010 could probably run it at max settings. The other thing is that new games get optimized post release as well, and on top of that, being an Nvidia owner (no idea how AMD runs their show), they release drivers at a steady rate that improve performance on new games as well.
  • xidax121 - January 1, 2014 10:04 p.m.

Best Budget Gaming PC Build Under $800 [October 20136 Core Powerhouse for the Budget Gamer Well, it's been a year since our last budget gaming build and I've received a ton of requests to update it, so your http://www.xidax.com/desktops
  • HeyShutUpThisIsntBrett - December 13, 2013 7:59 p.m.

You could save a lot of money on the GPU that is recommended here by getting a regular GTX 660 and not the Ti version. The non-Ti version of that card is about $60 cheaper, and the Ti version is only slightly better in performance. Benchmarks on games like Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 4 show that the Ti is only able to scrape by a few extra frames, not worth the higher price point at all.
  • PhantomPineapple - November 21, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Go to pcpartpicker.com, easiest way to put together a pc and find great prices for parts. Even finds promo codes for you! You can also see other peoples builds and see what worked (or did not work) for them.
  • sweetchiliheat - July 10, 2014 2:39 a.m.

I too have used this site. It's a great way to organize your parts (if buying from different vendors), and learn from others. I built a computer last summer and plan to help my brother build his this summer. Here's the computer I built last summer: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/mYt6Mp
  • TechGuy79 - November 4, 2013 3:37 p.m.

I just built this computer. http://stickystatic.com/build-a-gaming-computer.php I tried the Battlefield 4 BETA and it looked like CRAP. Is that because the Beta was in crap mode? Better graphics on final release?
  • travis-forbes - November 3, 2013 12:18 p.m.

so im looking to build a good gaming pc that will be able to play bf4 on ultra and titanfall when it comes out and atm i have a build im thinkn about but it costs 1200$ anyone have ideas to help make it cheaper and play good its a computer on cyberpower pc but i would like to build my own if it will be cheaper CPU: AMD FX-9370 4.40 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable™ 3, Dual Bios, On/Off USB Charge & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card TOWER: X-Titan Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, Built-in Fan Control, EZ-Swap HDD Dock, & Side-Window Panel i really want to spend less than 1000$ - 900$ would be great but i want it to be a little future proof for a bit and if you think things need to be changed just let me no and also try to post links if possible
  • vishnumithra-vishnu - November 10, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Try this: PROCESSOR:AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad-Core Socket AM3+ CPU with AMD Virtualization Technology - FD4170FRGUBOX MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD MotherboardRAM:Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) COOLING SYSTEM:Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i SSD:ADATA XPG SX900 64 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec SandForce 2.5 Inch SSD (ASX900S3-64GM-C)HDD:WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX GRAPHICS CARD:Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x Mini-Displayport PCI-Express Graphic Card GV-R795WF3-3GD POWERSUPPLY:Corsair Professional Series HX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX750) SOUND CARD:ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card This what I use it can play any games u throw it in at 1600p full hd and all maxed up in the settings at a plable framerate... and it only costs $957
  • ZachHile - January 21, 2014 12:50 p.m.

Here's a build I put together. The dual graphics cards in there will perform better than the R9 290x for less. The total overall cost for the build (without OS or any peripherals) is $964. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zachhile/saved/3vin
  • I_Like_PI - October 6, 2013 7:14 p.m.

So I'm thinking about getting my first gaming PC this Christmas, so I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues. For example, I want the NVIDEA GTX 760 instead of the ASUS card in the article. Would this card still work with the CPU and Motherboard that are shown? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
  • SilkOrganic - October 15, 2013 8:24 p.m.

There is no compatibility issues if you install that card however, if you want to run 2 nVidia cards in the future the motherboard must be sli compatible. Email me if you have further questions: andeeswork@gmail.com
  • Gooop - October 3, 2013 7:37 p.m.

Wait a minute... I did some calc work, this turns out to be $1422 WITHOUT keyboard, mouse, and headset.
  • I_Like_PI - October 6, 2013 7:01 p.m.

Everything after the OS was optional, you don't NEED a new keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. Those are all just nice extras.
  • Gooop - October 13, 2013 3:02 p.m.

Oh, didn't realize that (I'm a PC building noob) I thought the sound card and aftermarket fan weren't optional.
  • Kinnolo - September 25, 2013 8:20 a.m.

Why would I buy an i5, quad core for that much? You can get a Phenom FX 8 core for less at NewEgg. Not only that, for $99 you can get a 2TB 7200 RPM 6GB/s HDD. You can also get a GTX 760 for less than the 660ti. According to GPU boss the 760 outperforms the 660ti in gaming and compute performance. The 760 has a higher clock speed, higher memory bandwidth, uses less power and has a higher turbo clock speed.
  • 98piku - September 7, 2013 2:37 a.m.

Want all latest games releasing on steam? Are you a steam gamer? Then this site "http://steampoints.com" is the perfect site for you. Now you don't have to pay for your steam games. You can get all of the latest games 100% free from steampoints.com :) Join to Steampoints today and get your free game now!
  • Theonlyror - September 5, 2013 7:53 p.m.

I've got an ancient desktop and a really crappy laptop and was wondering if anybody knows how to convert them. If anybody responds I'll put up their specs, thanks for the help!