• _--_ - July 9, 2014 2:35 p.m.

--or you could buy 2 ps4s and 2 games --and --if you already have 2 tvs --you can play MP side by side in your house
  • KaoticKyle - July 9, 2014 10:45 p.m.

Who plays MP side by side in their house anymore? That's so.....archaic.....
  • _--_ - July 10, 2014 12:44 a.m.

--what if you live with someone you love --who loves gaming? --sounds like THE BEST TIME EVER to me --8-)
  • Beoftw - July 10, 2014 9:27 p.m.

--why do you type --like a fucking --idiot --you type like --someone with --downsyndrome -------8===D
  • _--_ - July 10, 2014 11:19 p.m.

@beoftw --wow --I think you just broke the law --?? --it's not 1999 anymore
  • ObliqueZombie - July 11, 2014 12:08 p.m.

He's been here for years, and he's fucking awesome, you chump.
  • mothbanquet - July 10, 2014 2:08 a.m.

Effing comment system...this wasn't even supposed to be a reply. :/
  • LoboMau - July 10, 2014 2:55 a.m.

I do and it's not archaic. It's how you have the most fun out of it.
  • mothbanquet - July 10, 2014 2:08 a.m.

Speaking as a PC gamer who jumped platform ship with the onset of the current generation, I have to say the time to take the plunge is NOW. PC gaming is back in full swing and honest to god, any arguments about console availability dissolve in the face of Steam/GOG/GMG/GG/half-dozen other discount site sales. I've made more than enough money back through savings on software than I would have by buying a PS3/XBO. Plus, they all run at 1080p 60+fps. Which matters when you see it. :)
  • LoboMau - July 10, 2014 2:52 a.m.

Playing on the PC always been a cheaper option. You fork a little extra for the hardware, but each game is cheaper. Always has been.
  • LoboMau - July 10, 2014 2:58 a.m.

Granted that if one only buys a couple of games per year it doesn't repay the initial investment. But, if you buy a lot of games, it does make a difference and ends being the cheapest option as I said.
  • mothbanquet - July 10, 2014 2:58 a.m.

And not to mention building a PC these days is pure plug 'n play. Slot components into the motherboard and it all works itself out, beautifully simple.
  • KaoticKyle - July 10, 2014 9:24 p.m.

I definitely second this! My gaming PC may have cost me $1000, but it was 20 times more powerful than my PS3 and 10 times more powerful than a PS4, and I would bet money that when the PS5 comes out my computer will still play games comparably. And since I built my gaming PC I haven't paid more than $10 for any single game, and laugh when I think about buying a $60 on my PS3....so much money wasted....
  • halo_king_jesse - May 18, 2014 8:20 a.m.

Hello I know very little about computer hardware and is the computer shown a good computer? Is it fast? And will it run most games to the max or highest settings like new games such as titanfall, elderscrolls online ,bf4? Last question will this computer last a couple of years I mean this in 2 senses first is the hardware on it good and wont break after a year and will it last a long time spec wise cause I don't want to have to start buying new parts in a couple months but peas if you answer questions please provide links to new stuff thanks and im talking just about the computer shown
  • Shigeruken - July 10, 2014 12:52 a.m.

To answer your first question, yes this is a powerful build that will play most games on max settings. You are practically guaranteed to run games at 1080 at 60fps on settings that look better than the new consoles. Yes the build will last, each component has an individual warranty (in the case of the EVGA graphics card, a lifetime warranty). If you clean it out every now and then with compressed air, your rig will easily last longer than a console generation. Both the cpu and gpu are significantly more powerful than the new consoles. The cpu in particular is high end, next generation it is likely that you will only need to purchase another $240 graphics card to continue enjoying graphically superior games.
  • Scoob - July 10, 2014 7:38 p.m.

A bit of an old post, but I'm sure people want to know. And rather than repeat what Shig says, in regards to running new games on max? It depends on the game or company really. Your typical high budget AAA games are often made beyond the capabilities of current PCs on release. Crytek is famous for that. Blizzard on the other hand makes games with technically inferior graphics. If Blizzard released a AAA game this year, a system from 2010 could probably run it at max settings. The other thing is that new games get optimized post release as well, and on top of that, being an Nvidia owner (no idea how AMD runs their show), they release drivers at a steady rate that improve performance on new games as well.
  • xidax121 - January 1, 2014 10:04 p.m.

Best Budget Gaming PC Build Under $800 [October 20136 Core Powerhouse for the Budget Gamer Well, it's been a year since our last budget gaming build and I've received a ton of requests to update it, so your http://www.xidax.com/desktops
  • HeyShutUpThisIsntBrett - December 13, 2013 7:59 p.m.

You could save a lot of money on the GPU that is recommended here by getting a regular GTX 660 and not the Ti version. The non-Ti version of that card is about $60 cheaper, and the Ti version is only slightly better in performance. Benchmarks on games like Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 4 show that the Ti is only able to scrape by a few extra frames, not worth the higher price point at all.
  • PhantomPineapple - November 21, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Go to pcpartpicker.com, easiest way to put together a pc and find great prices for parts. Even finds promo codes for you! You can also see other peoples builds and see what worked (or did not work) for them.
  • sweetchiliheat - July 10, 2014 2:39 a.m.

I too have used this site. It's a great way to organize your parts (if buying from different vendors), and learn from others. I built a computer last summer and plan to help my brother build his this summer. Here's the computer I built last summer: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/mYt6Mp
  • TechGuy79 - November 4, 2013 3:37 p.m.

I just built this computer. http://stickystatic.com/build-a-gaming-computer.php I tried the Battlefield 4 BETA and it looked like CRAP. Is that because the Beta was in crap mode? Better graphics on final release?