• mbavalo - April 7, 2012 1 p.m.

I still see a Mario game appearing ever so often, and simply because of this, i choose not to believe the wii has an awesomely large collection of games. Yes there are good games but whenever i think wii, Mario appears in my head, and I would not want to stick with Mario for a whole console generation. Sorry wii, just not buying it
  • ncurry2 - April 7, 2012 4:32 p.m.

Well you must hate all video game systems then. Op, 360 has a halo. It sucks. Op, PS3 has a gran turismo. It sucks. Op, PC has a new sim city game. It sucks. Ever stop and consider that maybe Mario has remained a critical and commercial success for 25 years now because the games continue to evolve and deliver some of the best experiences on any console? Or did you play Super Mario Bros on NES and assume that every game after that was a remake?
  • mbavalo - April 14, 2012 2:16 a.m.

hahaha, funny. in my case, each and every time i see a collection of nintendo games there is always mario dominating! give him a break. Have you ever seen gamesRadar having an article asking whether or not they should give grand turismo a break? no, but they have one about mario. When you see the nintendo gamers website, who appears in the main picture/thumbnail? you guessed it, that freakin plumber! mario was cool but now they are just too lazy to make new games or they are out of creative idea. And again, the number of halo games have not even hit 10,grand turismo is a simulator, its more helpful than as a game on its own, Sim city sucks, yeah, but PC gaming has its own advantages, including graphics which nintendo has not even come close to. All mario games are the same, the just add some more things to make you waste your money on it
  • Elem187 - February 8, 2013 6:38 p.m.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here you haven't played a Super Mario Galaxy game longer than an hour... Why do you suppose every video game site on the planet keeps giving this plumber 8's, 9's and 10's every single iteration? One thing Nintendo will always do better than any other company is platforming... Even Nintendos worse platforming IP's are better than Sony's best.... Only Sonic ever truly gave Mario a run for his money, but eventually failed to over take him.
  • Rub3z - February 12, 2013 1:24 a.m.

"One thing Nintendo will always do better than any other company is platforming... " Okay, from a first-party perspective, yes, Nintendo totally makes the best platformers, to such a degree that Sony and MS are wise enough to not even pursue their kind of success in that space or genre of game. But others... people who are not Sony or MS... have pursued this success, and found it, and have (at the very least, in some ways) beaten the plumber at his own game. In other words, to this statement, Super Meat Boy (Team Meat) and Rayman Origins (Ubisoft) would like to have a word with you.
  • mbavalo - February 13, 2013 3:33 a.m.

Wow, this argument happened so long ago :D haha, and just because Nintendo sells more machines does not mean it's the best, you cannot tell me that the world's top selling car is the best yet not consider why people may buy it. Price, maintenance and all that other stuff, therefore your argument is invalid. Anyhow, the Wii U hype is already dead, I don't even remember why I use to troll Nintendo articles. Does not mean I will stop though :D
  • ncurry2 - February 13, 2013 8:01 p.m.

It's been so long, yet this one always comes back ;D While I don't know who exactly you're addressing this too, I certainly agree that you can't solely look at sales figures to gauge a product's success in the eyes of the consumers (see Diablo 3.) But it can still be a good indicator. As for the unprovoked Wii U hate, I can't deny it's been pretty disappointing thus far. I'm still confident good things are ahead but I would have hoped for some more must-have titles. We'll see what tomorrow's Nintendo-Direct brings...
  • mbavalo - February 16, 2013 3:20 a.m.

It was a reply to Elem187, brought me back here :D , and it seems like we do agree on something! Hard to find that with fanboys allover nowadays.. not that I am calling you one but you get the point
  • Squirrel - April 7, 2012 8:27 p.m.

I will stick with Mario as long as his games remain to be superb and enjoyable. He hasn't let me down yet. Plus you know there are ton of other games on Nintendo consoles that aren't Mario. Well what do you know? There is a convenient list of many of those games right above. How did you miss that?
  • mbavalo - April 14, 2012 2:18 a.m.

You did not understand my comment did you? I did not say nintendo does not have other games, i said that whenever i think nintendo i think mario since they have too many mario games, not all the games are mario! So i would not want to be stuck to a machine whose effect is giving me images of a plumber who jumps around wit an accent
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 4:15 p.m.

NSMB Wii doesn't deserve to be on the list. GR only gave it a 7 and didn't seem to think much of it back when they talked about it on Tdar.
  • Squirrel - April 7, 2012 8:19 p.m.

I entirely disagree, I love NSMB Wii. I think looking back on it a 7 was a pretty low score to give that game and now GR seems to acknowledge that since its on their top 25 list. Honestly I even liked NSMB Wii better than Rayman Origins and that reviewed inappropriately high on most sites.
  • Japanaman - April 8, 2012 8:35 a.m.

My Top #25 (In No Particular Order) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Mario Kart Wii Muramasa: The Demon Blade House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return Ghost Squad Klonoa Wii Sports Resort Castlevania Judgement Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Animal Crossing: City Folk Goldeneye 007 Metroid: Other M Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution III Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles Resident Evil 4 Sonic Colors Super Smash Bros. Brawl Super Mario Galaxy Super Mario Galaxy 2 The Conduit Sin & Punishment Monster Hunter Tri New Super Mario Bros Wii
  • GameManiac - April 8, 2012 9:50 a.m.

I would've thought to have seen Okami in this list, especially with how much Gamesradar loves it.
  • codystovall - April 8, 2012 12:12 p.m.

My least favorite consoles life is almost over Hurray!
  • talleyXIV - April 8, 2012 2:15 p.m.

Hello? Zelda: Twilight Princess??
  • NG14916 - April 8, 2012 4:34 p.m.

Has everyone forgotten about Metroid Prime 3?
  • thochaos - April 9, 2012 12:41 a.m.

Muramasa sucked hard but the rest of those games are solid. I would have put Resident Evil 4 on there even if it was just an enhanced port.
  • cusman - November 16, 2012 8:11 a.m.

I loved Resident Evil 4 on Wii
  • Darkhawk - April 9, 2012 7:48 a.m.

What a great list. My take (goddamn you Gamesradar for screwing up the formatting... I know it's coming but there's nothing I can do) 1) Super Mario Galaxy 2 2) No More Heroes 3) No More Heroes 2 4) Super Mario Galaxy 5) Endless Ocean: Blue World 6) Kirby's Epic Yarn 7) Red Steel 2 8) Zack and Wiki 9) Sin and Punishment 10) Muramasa
  • RonnyLive19881 - April 10, 2012 4:55 p.m.

There is no reason at all for Rayman to be on that list... Both Endless Ocean games, Twilight Princess, Sonic Colors, Red Steel 2, The Resident Evil chronicles, All the games listed before it AND Monster Hunter Tri are eons better than that crap New Super Mario Bros Wii rip off... Some times I just don't get GR Lol
  • EAC73 - February 11, 2013 4:20 p.m.

its not just the gameplay that made rayman orignis great, but the art style and music, and i would place above NSMB honestly
  • Rub3z - February 12, 2013 1:11 a.m.

Dude... did you even play Rayman Origins? Seriously. That game is the tits. It's l almost like a mathematical certainty, really. If you need further clarification or embellishment, I will provide for you this engrossingly simplistic and clear equation, the better for you to understand: Ahem... RAYMAN ORIGINS == THE TITS That's like, graduate or even doctorate thesis level algorithmic logic and problem solving right there, condensed into one tremendously beautiful algebraic certainty. That's like on the same level of Einstein's E=mc^2, his special theory of relativity... and that one's just a theory, it's not even a certainty. And to think that you have me to thank for that. A law of the universe, right there. You're welcome, people. You're welcome.