• zombiekoolaid - May 1, 2012 5:47 p.m.

sorry, i meant XanderGC
  • zombiekoolaid - May 1, 2012 5:46 p.m.

I have to agree with MetallicaDan Web of Shadow was by far the best Spidey game. It had cameos from Wolverine to Luke Cage and the boss fights were epic.
  • Cyberninja - May 1, 2012 7:25 p.m.

you know ultimate also had a wolverine cameo since he was a venom boss early in the game.
  • MetallicaDan - May 1, 2012 5:42 p.m.

Maybe not "the best" but there were two games for the SNES that I played a whole heck of a lot back in the day: The Death and Return of Superman and Maximum Carnage.
  • IceBlueKirby - May 1, 2012 7:14 p.m.

The Death and Return of Superman and Maximum Carnage are still two of my favorite beat 'em up games to this day. I definitely agree with the games on this list that I've played. I never did play The Punisher though, because the reviews I'd read weren't too favorable...but the Punisher game for Genesis was a lot of fun. Never played Freedom Force either, despite its praise.
  • XanderGC - May 1, 2012 5:21 p.m.

Huh, I wasn't really aware that the ninja turtles counted as superheroes in the classic sense. Personally I really liked Web of Shadows so I would pick that as my Spider-man game but not everyone feels the same.
  • jeremy-warner - May 1, 2012 6:37 p.m.

They started off as a comic book before anything else if that means anything superhero wise.
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 1, 2012 8:17 p.m.

We thought about drawing that line, but if we say they're not superheroes then Batman isn't a super hero, so we sort of lumped in anyone that can be brought into super hero mythos together.
  • Cyberninja - May 1, 2012 5:18 p.m.

Yes Ultimate Spiderman was the best spidy game heck I would have put it at number 2 in this whole list
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 1, 2012 8:19 p.m.

It almost was!
  • ultimatepunchrod - May 1, 2012 4:23 p.m.

Glad to see Ultimate Spidey on the list, and I liked Turtles in Time, but the Manhattan project will always be my favorite TMNT game.