• allen-martin - June 8, 2014 9:09 p.m.

Firstly, I'm not sure how TMNT got on this list, I really never saw them as "Super Heroes" and they seem out of place here. Secondly, City of Heroes should be on this list, not only was it the first Super Hero MMO, but was so much better than CO or DCUO.
  • sephex - June 5, 2014 4:59 p.m.

Maximum Carnage was really cool. Also Comix Zone.
  • tedmanbro - June 4, 2014 5:45 p.m.

The original Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the better of the two. I would enjoy a third one of those games, and Lord knows it would sell great with all the hype surrounding comic book heroes now a days. What I really want is a quality Thor game, but that's probably not going to happen.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - June 3, 2014 6:31 p.m.

I cant tell if your list is meant for Super Hero games or just games starring licensed Comic super heroes cause frankly thats what i see, despite your additions of Captain Smiley and Viewitful Joe. Also, its a devastating sin that The Wonderful 101 isnt on the list, especially given it has every single point you made in What makes a good super hero Beat em up, that game KNOWS how to make you FEEL like a real Super Hero, not just WHOA IM PLAYING A LICENSED SUPER HERO.
  • KiraXD - June 3, 2014 4:14 p.m.

Really? UMvC3 over MvC2? LOL!
  • Beoftw - June 4, 2014 5:51 a.m.

Agreed. Most of the articles GR puts out these days really makes me facepalm....
  • illway - June 3, 2014 3:35 p.m.

inFamous 2? Don't you mean Spider-Man 2? How could you leave that off?
  • atocnada - August 12, 2013 11:30 a.m.

X-Men & X-Men 2: Clone Wars for Sega Genesis.
  • KICkasS130 - July 22, 2013 7:22 p.m.

Infamous really isnt super hero i think it sucked whitch is surprising since it was a sony game
  • ObliqueZombie - July 21, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Why the hell so I not remember some of these... I'd love to get my hands on a number of these.
  • BipolarTroll - July 20, 2013 9:24 p.m.

Man, I loved Ultimate Spiderman. LOVED IT.
  • shadowmaster2014 - October 6, 2014 5:34 a.m.

I agree. Ultimate Spider-man was an amazing game
  • Relayer71 - July 20, 2013 9:10 p.m.

What about X-Men Legends 2? The first was pretty good, too - but the 2nd improved on all its faults.
  • injustice45 - July 20, 2013 3:13 p.m.

I'm surprised they didn't even mention X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes.
  • talleyXIV - July 20, 2013 11:09 a.m.

Spiderman 2 and Spiderman 64!
  • zelta38 - July 20, 2013 9:22 a.m.

This is a nice list but I disagree with Ultimate Spider-man being higher rated than the PSOne spider-man games or the first 2 movie games. It was a great game sure but it quickly got repetitive and had tonnes of filler, the other spider-man games I just mentioned had few of these flaws and offered the ability to don multiple suits with a generally better combat system and more atmospheric world filled with better gameplay and cameos.
  • tehtimeisnow - July 20, 2013 5:20 a.m.

what abuot modern warefare 3? its the best gane i ever playd and there actuelly real heros in that game
  • Mr.YumYums - July 22, 2013 1:05 p.m.

lol'd
  • Redeater - July 19, 2013 8:30 p.m.

Ugh. Sad times when Deadpool is so high up on the list and it was considered mediocre/not awful.
  • Redeater - July 19, 2013 8:36 p.m.

I would also argue that the Robocop arcade game deserves a spot on this list. It was much better than the first half of the list. (Don't try telling me he isn't considered a superhero. He flew with jetpacks, took on giant mechs, was featured in cartoons, comics and I had Robocop toys as a kid. Not to mention he took on the terminators.)