• Shjonzo - March 4, 2014 4:45 p.m.

Those bully and beyond good and evil screenshots look better that the xbox 360 arcade versions.
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2014 3:07 p.m.

YES! The one glaring disagreement I had with this list before, was the distinct lack of Odin Sphere, but that's been fixed, and Zone of the Enders 2 is also present. I can get behind this list wholeheartedly now, even if I don't completely agree with the exact placements XD
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2014 3:14 p.m.

...Hold on, upon further inspection, I don't see Guilty Gear XX, or any of it's improved editions in here. Kind of a shame, because it's arguably the best fighting game the PS2 had.
  • Rojoco - March 4, 2014 2:36 p.m.

Lack of TimeSplitters 2 on this list is disappointing. I saw it made GR's top 50 Xbox games yet weirdly I always thought of it as more of a Playstation franchise. Expected it to place high on this one. Also I would rank J&D>R&C>Sly 2 but won't complain as they at least did good choosing the right entries to each series. On a side note, does anyone remember Mashed? It was a Micro Machines style racer, pretty lacking as a single player game, great for playing with friends at parties (along with TimeSplitters of course!). I was never expecting to see it on this list but still... I have fond memories of that game.
  • Fro4show - March 4, 2014 1:34 p.m.

very comprehensive list. I agree with it for the most part. I've been meaning to collect my favorite ps2 titles, as those are the ones that guided most of my gaming up-bringing.
  • 987lewis - February 25, 2014 3:20 p.m.

Id say my top 10 PS2 games would be: 10. Fifa 2003 9. Prince of Persia 8. Medal of Honour frontline 7. Star wars Battlefront 6. Simpsons hit and run 5. GTA San Andreas 4. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando 3. Jak and Daxter 2. Red Faction 1. TimeSplitters 2 The PS3 has some amazing games and I am sure the PS4 will but you just cannot beat these legendary games. PS2 will always be my favourite console so many memories.
  • GordianFreeman - February 9, 2014 11:03 a.m.

Half life is the best game for the ps2
  • brickman409 - March 5, 2014 12:11 a.m.

you would say that Gordan Freeman lol
  • rainbow-raechel-witt - January 12, 2014 12:31 p.m.

I put "XGIII Extreme G Racing" one point under REZ "XGIII Extreme G Racing" is the BEST game that used the system to is full potential when you slapped that game in you knew which system was faster To bad the company went out of business because that would of been EXTREME on the new consuls these days like the ps3 and ps4
  • cameron-siu - November 17, 2013 9:16 p.m.

1.res 4 2. BULLY(YOU FORGOT!!!!!!!!!) STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT!!!!!! BURNOUT TAKEDOWN MIDNIGHT CLUB 3!!!!! MLB O7(the one i played the sht out of, especially road to the show) BUT I LOST MY PS2 DUE TO MOVING INTO AN APARTMENT DURING RESERVATIONS AT MY HOUSE!!!NOOOOOOOOOO SO I GOT ALL THESE GAMES FOR MY PS3!!!!! STILL SCARED OF RES 4!! HAHAHAH STILL HAVE IT BUT HAVENT LAUNCHED IT SINCE 2011, HAVE THE HD VERSON!!!!!
  • steve-williams - September 28, 2013 10:28 p.m.

i think jurassic park operation genesis
  • BennY - August 15, 2013 5:23 a.m.

What about Timesplitters and Mashed? Maybe a bit more of a cult following for them, but still brilliant fun!
  • righetti-oscar - July 21, 2013 9:10 p.m.

Obviously that shadow of the colossus is 1st ^^ Best game ever :3
  • gilgamesh310 - February 13, 2013 6:43 p.m.

"that, admittedly, went on for about 20 hours too long" if they're just referring to the main story I don't see how they can think that. I thought the whole story was very well paced and was just the right length. Did they seriously expect the game to be over when Dhoulmagus was defeated? Hasn't Square Enix taught them anything?
  • Batman - February 13, 2013 2:17 p.m.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter 41 really ....it was pure garbage... ( my opinion)
  • adam-allan-boswell - March 4, 2014 2:18 p.m.

Breath of Fire III is the only best and rarest game to get. i was told the other 3 games that were made didnt turn out as good as BoFIII one time i lost BoFIII i had to buy another one because it got stolen. well when i searched for this game on line it said it was a very rare game and cost me $236.99 i was desperate and got the last original copy in japan with English and Japaneses translation but the other thing is that Breath of Fire III is originally made for the Ps1 console but can play and save game on Ps2
  • wolfyman1000 - February 13, 2013 11:09 a.m.

i think that gta sanandreas was great.it should be #1 on the list because most next gen players wouldn't mind playing to this day
  • shawn-dupont - September 16, 2013 7:01 p.m.

"because most next gen players wouldn't mind playing to this day" because today people don't even know what a "good game" is because of the overated games (call of duty, halo, battlefield ect...) ... like tommorow a lot of people wil buy GTA V ... if they sold 30 millions copies of the game it doesn't mean it is a good game (will probably be but who know) san andreas was good even really good ... but never #1 the KH fans will agree with me for that lol but anyways each one has their opinions
  • sephex - February 13, 2013 4:01 a.m.

Final Fantasy X God of War Silent Hill 2 Persona
  • thombilous - February 12, 2013 10:32 p.m.

No Freedom Fighters?