• Fireninjastar - April 30, 2013 6 a.m.

What? No Conkers Bad Fur Day? Okay.
  • ScottyF311 - May 1, 2013 2:57 p.m.

It was number 13...
  • kachigop - March 1, 2013 7:43 p.m.

My god this system was so good. The nostalgia is like a river here.
  • Nanook - February 19, 2013 8:09 p.m.

Ogre Battle for N64 was the shit! I must've played that through 3 times - which is a lot, as it was mercilessly long. (in that good way that RPG fans enjoy)
  • Boonehams - February 15, 2013 8:18 a.m.

F-Zero X was an awesome racing game. The X Cup was genius -- a cup made entirely of randomly generating tracks without a proper track in sight. Each race was brand new and it had endless replayability. God, I love that game. I think I'll quit work early and go home to play it.
  • gopher1369 - February 18, 2013 5:23 a.m.

I spent far, far too long at uni with 3 friends doing exactly this!
  • Person5 - February 15, 2013 6:23 a.m.

Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina *cough* *cough*
  • clownferret - February 15, 2013 2:08 a.m.

WOW! I think for me the N64 was the best console ever made. So many brilliant memories came back reading this article of games I adored and have since forgotten about. 4 player mario tennis, mario kart and tetris consumed about 2 years of lunch breaks in my office.
  • gking0921 - February 14, 2013 9:57 p.m.

what a fantastic & nostalgia inducing list. I still play several of these titles today. Would have loved to see my all time favorite baseball game Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest get some love though!
  • winner2 - February 14, 2013 6:36 p.m.

Paper Mario isn't number 1...what the shit!... (also never played super mario 64 or ocarina)...but still
  • ExtraCheese - February 14, 2013 5:24 p.m.

A few numbers are in the wrong order, I only noticed 7 and 8 and 47 and 48 but there may be more. I also wouldnt put Goldeneye so high up. While it was influential and Im sure incredible at the time of release, you mention that Super Mario 64 hasnt aged well but Goldeneye aged even worse. As much as I respect it for what it did to the genre, I personally find the game entirely unplayable, I would much rather play pretty much all the other games on this list.
  • ExtraCheese - February 14, 2013 5:28 p.m.

Correction, it was 17 and 18 not 7 and 8.
  • Person5 - February 15, 2013 6:27 a.m.

No where on Super mario 64's entry does it say it didn't age well, not aging well has nothing to do with graphics and everything to do with gameplay, which they say holds up today (as it does). Furthermore, anyone who played Goldeneye back when it came out can still play it today, anyone who can't just grew up with 2 sticks.
  • gopher1369 - February 18, 2013 5:25 a.m.

"Furthermore, anyone who played Goldeneye back when it came out can still play it today, anyone who can't just grew up with 2 sticks." I disagree. Firstly it supports using dual analogue sticks (one controller in each hand) but it's the framerate, not the control scheme makes it unplayable today.
  • shawksta - February 14, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Great List!
  • Talvari - February 14, 2013 4:12 p.m.

Man so many good memories i can relate with this list. Another great list :D I like to think that the last 10 on this last are all as good as each other in terms of how good they were for the time. Some still hold up today pretty dang well.
  • Imgema - February 14, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Very pleased to see Body Harvest in the top 20. One of the most underrated games ever. But i think F-Zero X deserved a better spot.
  • BladedFalcon - February 14, 2013 3:52 p.m.

Ocarina of time below Mario 64? Nope. Also, that 9 out of the 10 top N64 games are first party games pretty much highlight what the biggest problem of the N64 was, good 1st party support, but not much else. And goes to show they were really scraping for entries if they put shadows of the empire in here.