• Darkhawk - October 4, 2014 1:15 a.m.

I actually played OoT recently for the first time, and it absolutely blew me away. Not in the "great for its time" mentality, but actual thorough enjoyment of a game better than most any modern games I've been playing. (Except for water level, natch.)
  • TheRedJoka - June 19, 2014 1:19 p.m.

I absolutely agree that Ocarina of time should be number 1 I think Banjo Kazooie should be number 2 those to game just left a big impression on me more than any 64 game
  • Death_By_Nuts - March 11, 2014 3:57 a.m.

Good to see some love for Banjo-Kazooie, Hell I even enjoyed Nuts & Bolts.
  • TheRedJoka - June 19, 2014 1:36 p.m.

Banjo Kazooie should have been in the top 5 my top 10 1) Zelda OOT 2) Banjo-Kazooie 3) Paper Mario 4) super smash bros 5) DK 64 6) Banjo-Tooie 7) Mario 64 8) Zelda MM 9) Mario Kart 64 10) Diddy Kong Racing
  • papercube - March 6, 2014 8:50 p.m.

No love for Snowboard Kids 1 or 2? :(
  • Vonter - March 5, 2014 3:18 p.m.

The N64 era I think is more blinded in nostalgia since it was a time of getting out something awesome at the right time. There was a sense of open nature to the games and both devs and players seem to be discovering this new 3D world. I'll admit the system had less ambition than the PSX introducing more mature experiences, and I suppose this is where Nintendo got its kiddy image. But I still like it although a lot of my fondest experiences were niche titles like Castlevania 64, Mischief Makers, or Bomberman 64 [best bomberman ever and my favorite game from the system].
  • shawksta - March 5, 2014 3:36 p.m.

Thats arguable depending on what you mean by "Mature Experience", games like Majora's Masked can be considered Mature its theme. PSX did have more, but its not to say the N64 didnt at all. and frankly certain games were dark, more specifically Conker, Tooie and Majora's Mask.
  • Vonter - March 5, 2014 3:47 p.m.

Well by that time it was more; does it have a "realistic" adult human being (even if he walks like a tanks) or a mascot or kid. I know it had its fair share even if Majora was unsettling and weird in that time and now its overhyped as the top of Zelda storytelling.
  • shawksta - March 5, 2014 5:11 p.m.

Fair Enough. Honestly i find it underrated if only because people dont realize how perfectly Majora and Ocarina compliment each other on opposites but instead choose which is better. Then again this is Zelda were talking about, the fanbase is convoluted as it is. If anything Skyward Sword knew how to set the emotion right.
  • DragonLord23 - March 5, 2014 11:52 a.m.

So why are only a third of these on Virtual Console?
  • Ichigo_Paris_Kurosaki - January 6, 2014 11:18 p.m.

JET FORCE GEMINI RE FUCKIN MAKE PLZZZZZZZZ!!!
  • Ichigo_Paris_Kurosaki - January 6, 2014 11:17 p.m.

kirby now that game was just down right bad ass
  • Ichigo_Paris_Kurosaki - January 6, 2014 11:15 p.m.

BOMERMAN FUCKIN BOMERMAN XD NEED TO DO A REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!....NOW DAMMIT!
  • Ichigo_Paris_Kurosaki - January 6, 2014 11:14 p.m.

and meagaman damn that game was bad asd
  • Ichigo_Paris_Kurosaki - January 6, 2014 11:12 p.m.

o heck yea spirderman was rhe shit i effin loved that game
  • HAMMERCLAW - December 4, 2013 7:41 p.m.

Coming out the kokiri forest onto hyrule plains was a gaming epiphany that resonates with all who first experienced it, even today. It's the point where many remember crossing the line between 2D and 3D gaming.
  • PinkPink - October 24, 2013 9:24 p.m.

Too bad the N64DD died out so early. Lots of good games came from it, like Animal Crossing and Sin and Punishment. Not to mention that Mario Studio game. Another similar list of best n64 games is this one I found too: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/best-n64-games/
  • TheJeli125 - July 1, 2013 5:51 a.m.

I prefer Majora's Mask to ocarina of time because of the wide variety of masks to collect and its unique atmosphere.
  • DJMoofinLuv - August 5, 2013 6:41 a.m.

Love games that you can't run through AND get everything. Majora's Mask will always be one of my favorites.