• ncurry2 - April 19, 2012 2:13 p.m.

Just look at that top 5. Man. Granted, mine would have a completely different order but Twilight Princess remains to this day my all time favorite game. Gamecube is definitely under appreciated. It helps that it was the first console I bought with my own hard earned money :P
  • Braken67 - April 19, 2012 2:10 p.m.

I loved starfox assault and starfox adventures, rayman arena, custom robo, donkey konga, baten kaitos, bloody roar, 007 nightfire, 007 everything or nothing, metroid prime and prime 2 echoes, naruto clash of ninja, need for speed underground 1 and 2 and most wanted, pokemon colosseum and gale of darkness, prince of persias, shadow the hedgehog, sonic adenture 2 battle, sonic heroes, time splitters 2, rainbow six lcokdown, turok evolution, and the ones metioned in the list xD
  • MrJP - April 19, 2012 2:08 p.m.

The GC was a fantastic console in terms of quality games. I disagree with the order of the list but its personal opinion, my number one would have been a tough fight between Metroid Prime and RE4 (people forget how amazing it was when it first came out because that genre has been overdone, but at the time it was league ahead of other games). Some titles that were missed out (that are definately better than Mario Strikers) include: -Baten Kaitos (fantastic RPG) -Skies of Arcadia (technically a Dreamcast port, but it was 70hours of pure gold) -Timesplitters 2 -Beyond Good and Evil -Second Sight -Tony Hawks 3 / 4 -Harvest Moon -Splinter Cell (although I will admit the GC ports were probably less shiney than other versions)
  • hoppenscooter - April 19, 2012 8:52 p.m.

Skies of Arcadia yes yes yes yes yes It's a magnificent game which is still one of my favorite games
  • JMarsella09 - April 19, 2012 1:06 p.m.

Tales of Symphonia and Sunshine all day. Solid list.
  • shawksta - April 19, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Im just glad you guys finally put Luigi's Mansion on the list. Pikmin was awesomly kickass if your into the strategic games and YAY for eternam darkness, that game was really interesting for me.
  • uberjoe - April 19, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Might want revise that second Zelda sentence: "And the clean, colorful Disney style will never be dated, vibrant and beautiful forever" I know what was meant, but the comma changes meaning. Good list- Fire Emblem was a stunning game, Timesplitters 2 the only notable absence imo.
  • sirdilznik - April 19, 2012 12:50 p.m.

F-Zero GX was insanely awesome. To think that there hasn't been another f-Zero made since then (except the Japan-only Climax).
  • justcallmejosh - April 19, 2012 12:45 p.m.

i was preparing a very angry letter in the event that tales of symphonia was not on this list, you have dodged the bullet
  • ericthesmith - April 19, 2012 12:29 p.m.

Anyone ever notice this? Super Mario Bros- revolutionizes 2D platformers Super Mario Bros 2- Kind of weird take on the same formula Super Mario Bros 3- Perfects formula Super Mario World- Expands on perfect formula Super Mario 64- revolutionizes 3D platformers Super Mario Sunshine- Kind of weird take on the same formula Super Mario Galaxy- Perfects formula Super Mario Galaxy 2- Expands on perfect formula Anyway, good list.
  • shawksta - April 19, 2012 1:03 p.m.

Galaxy didnt actually "Perfect" The formula, its just it took the Linear route that did one hell of a fantastic job. Despite how Mario's Name is rehashed, his core games NEVER dissapoint and always does SOMETHING instead of a rehash.
  • masterjoe123 - April 19, 2012 4:34 p.m.

Conspiracy?
  • AlbVega - April 19, 2012 12:10 p.m.

Fire Emblem is my favorite gamecube game, ever. I finished it in all three difficulties without losing a single ally (this obviously took various tries in hard mode) and Crimea Attacks rocks in my iPod every day as a I go out. It deserved better.
  • codystovall - April 19, 2012 12:01 p.m.

what do pikmin, re4, animal crossing, viewtiful joe, ssb melee, tales of symphonia, paper mario ttyd all have in common > Wind waker, and all of them deserve higher on the list. Seriously wind waker,its not that great, as soon as i saw tales at 16 i thought wind waker better not be fuckin #1 again.
  • Corsair89 - April 19, 2012 11:45 a.m.

I think Fire Emblem needs to be a little higher, but Wind Waker in the top spot is spot on.
  • greentumbleweed - April 19, 2012 11:41 a.m.

Star Wars: Rogue Leader ..."As space/aerial combat in the Star Wars universe goes, this is still the definitive game, and that's saying a lot." Better even than TIE Fighter? That's a serious claim. Now I need to go buy a Gamecube and judge for myself.
  • AlbVega - April 19, 2012 12:11 p.m.

yes. Yes it is. The battle against the giant Star Destroyer alone will make you soil your pants.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:31 a.m.

Gamecube: the most underrated system of all time. I think, amongst the N64 and Xbox, the Gamecube MAY be my favorite console of all time, aside from the 360 (but that doesn't count, it's still running strong). I could live off of Melee, Metroid Prime, and Zelda.
  • ClockworkBro - April 19, 2012 11:26 a.m.

Gamesradar, I am disappoint. Really? No mention of Gotcha Force? You guys are supposed to know all the awesome lesser known stuff
  • Claymore65 - April 19, 2012 11:24 a.m.

I'm liking all of these choices, but now it seems like I have to go to a used games store and buy Eternal Darkness, that game looks awesome! Also, happy to see Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Wind Waker, Killer7 (a little surprised to see it, but it's one of my favorites) and F-Zero GX.