• Turboash - March 31, 2010 3:04 p.m.

Yes... that's 'clearly' a 4... lol. Here's an even bigger mystery... why does anyone still care about Halo!?
  • GrrSnort - March 31, 2010 2:53 p.m.

It's going to be an April Fools thing. Rooster Teeth are premiering the new season of Red vs. Blue on April 1st (no joke). My bet is Bungie are playing with that.
  • Daedazrael - March 31, 2010 2:40 p.m.

This can't be an April Fools, every April Fools joke Bungie does is Pimps at Sea related. If this is an April Fools joke, the full picture damn well better be the Chief on a 17th century sloop wearing a purple velvet coat.
  • Bloodstorm - March 31, 2010 2:21 p.m.

@jeanettetay Master Chief was already in the service for about 20 years before the events of Reach, excluding the ages of 6-19 in which he was in training on Reach. You play as an unknown Spartan-III, and the rest of your team is also a group of Spartan-III's.
  • sveini22 - March 31, 2010 1:03 p.m.

i dont care what its is as long as it is 360 exclusive
  • awil117 - March 31, 2010 12:58 p.m.

I'm not paying you 5 cents, but that that does seem cool that you went through all that trouble so I didn't have to. xDDD
  • jeanettetay - March 31, 2010 12:39 p.m.

The spartan you play is Master Chief when he was a newbie!! That's what I think!
  • mattol58 - March 31, 2010 12:16 p.m.

I heard Red vs Blue are using this pic too for season 8
  • mattol58 - March 31, 2010 12:10 p.m.

ehhh april fools joke you guys!
  • nicobellandi - March 31, 2010 11:49 a.m.

It actually looks a lot like chief's armor but who knows? Can't wait to find out mind you!
  • Bloodstorm - March 31, 2010 11:33 a.m.

@Redeater No, you aren't imagining. They had said Halo 3 was the last one, but who stops when there is still money to be made?
  • Bloodstorm - March 31, 2010 11:32 a.m.

I would love a Halo 1/Halo 2 updated release with sharper graphics, cheivos, and live capability built into Halo 1. Would be a fist day purchase for me. They need to give their originals love like Sony has with God of War. I highly expect an appearance of the big guy in Reach, as Reach ends with the Pillar of Autumn jumping away from Reach with the, thought to be, last remaining Spartan-II S-117 leading immediately into the events of Halo. I suspect in the end to see the Cheif lower himself into the cryo tube and the door to shut before the familiar voice of Cortana echo's through the ship preparing to jump through slip-space.
  • Persona - March 31, 2010 11:27 a.m.

Mastur@Chef! Heh, go aussies xD
  • Redeater - March 31, 2010 11:20 a.m.

Halo 4 seems unlikely. Were they not supposed to have stopped making Halo games anyways? I could have sworn I read that the 3rd was the last one they said they would make...then came OSDT and Reach. Or maybe im imagining things.
  • echelon3 - March 31, 2010 11:16 a.m.

It wouldn't be too great of a stretch in the Halo 'verse to have MCPO John-117 appear at the Battle of Reach. In the Halo backstory, John-117 does play a role during the Battle of Reach. While all of the other Spartans are sacrificing themselves protecting the MAC generators on Reach's surface, John-117, Linda-058, and James-??? were going to an abandoned docking station to get rid of a NAV database that had the location of Earth and all the other colonies. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a brief cameo, or even if you got to play that short segment where John-117 has to destroy the NAV database.
  • k1w1bug - March 31, 2010 10:42 a.m.

I think it will most likely end up being Master Chief making an appearence in Reach, after all, he was on the planet when it was attacked. Can't see it being an April fool somehow...