The latest Fallout 76 patch notes are mostly about graduating the new Nuclear Winter battle royale mode from pre-beta (not alpha, mind you) to beta. Though there are some bug fixes for Adventure and Survival modes as well, including a tweak for an exploit that would let players duplicate items in vending machines, the new and improved Nuclear Winter is the star of the show in Fallout 76 patch 10.5.
First off, it's now easier to show off your individual style in Nuclear Winter. You still start on a level playing field with everybody else power-wise, but you can now favorite a single piece of Underarmor in the Atomic Shop, as well as one Headwear item and one Outfit. Underarmors are things like the Vault jumpsuits that you can layer other pieces of equipment on top of, so they can change up your Nuclear Winter look quite a bit depending on which one you favor.
The latest Fallout 76 patch notes also include some changes to encourage players to build more CAMPs in a number of situations: specific Perks are no longer required to build any kind of blueprint during a match, meaning you can throw down whatever kind of base your heart desires. However, you will still need Perks like Home Defense and Science to make handy items like turrets and traps appear as part of those builds - otherwise they'll be automatically removed as soon as you place them. Aw.
On the other side of building, a bug fix for the Wrecking Ball Perk means it will now increase damage against CAMP and worshop objects by 120% as originally intended. The Ground Pounder perk actually increases your Automatic Rifle reload speeds as well. Oh, and you shouldn't accidentally exit your power armor if you look away from a downed teammate while you're trying to revive them (which is definitely one of those bugs that can make a bad situation even worse).
You can check out Bethesda's site for the full, official patch notes, though here are the big design changes for Nuclear Winter mode if you'd prefer a quick rundown.
Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Design Changes
Items and loot
- Underarmor: Players can now favorite one Underarmor in the Atomic Shop for use in Nuclear Winter, in addition to one Headwear item and one Outfit.
- Automatic Combat Rifles: Can now be found in Small Supply Crates rather than pre-existing containers in the world.
- Submachine Guns: Can now be found in Medium Supply Crates rather than Small Supply Crates.
- Supply Crates: Adjusted Supply Crate density in a few areas where more Crates were spawning than intended.
- Dead Man Sprinting: This Perk previously was not applying its effects correctly and has been redesigned. Dead Man Sprinting now causes Action Points to drain 25% slower while under 30% HP.
- Terminals: New entries have been added to ZAX Terminals that can be unlocked by reaching Overseer Rank 100.
- Tutorials: A “More Info” button has been added to the Nuclear Winter Perk Card menu, which can be used to re-open the Perk Card tutorial.
Fallout 76 power armor | Fallout 76 patch notes | Fallout 76 vending machines | Fallout 76 mutations | Fallout 76 mothman | Fallout 76 tips | Fallout 76 CAMP tips | Can you play Fallout 76 single player | Fallout 76 perks | How to build the best Fallout 76 CAMP | Fallout 76 map | How to get Two Shot Explosive guns in Fallout 76