Tomb Raider retained the top spot on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended March 16.
God of War: Ascension failed to emulate the opening week success of God of War 3, which sold more than double as many copies to top the chart in March 2010. However, it did mange to record the second biggest week one performance in the series, surpassing the debut week of God of War 2, which took the No.1 spot back in May 2007.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- God of War: Ascension (Sony)
- StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (Activision Blizzard)
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
- SimCity (EA)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Crysis 3 (EA)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- The Sims 3: university Life (EA)
We said in our Tomb Raider review: “Lara Croft's latest adventure is easily her best. Lara Croft, the old Lara Croft, is dead. In place of a dolled-up gunslinger is a do-what-it-takes survivor--and we hope she hasn't had her fill of adventuring just yet.”