Da Vinci’s Demons Episode 1.06 “The Devil”
Series creator David S Goyer gives his take on episode six:
Synopsis: Da Vinci embarks on a perilous quest in search of the Abyssinian who has clues to the Book Of Leaves. To get to the Abyssinian, he must face off with Vlad Dracula, otherwise known as Vlad the Impaler.
• Definitely the oddest episode so far, with lots of surreal moments, dreams, narrative leaps and wibbly wobbly camera work – you half expect Leo to wake up at the end and go, “It was all a dream…!” He doesn’t.
• We wouldn’t normally give away spoilers like “LEONARDO MEETS DRACULA!” but all the prepublicity has hardly been hiding the fact. More like screaming it from the crenellations.
• And a very bizarre interpretation of Vlad it is too. Is he supernatural? We’re not telling. But he does make the Terminator look like a pushover.
• And he’s far from the only nutter in the episode… and we don’t mean just Leonardo, for a change.
• But he does own a giant, Renaissance version of Ker-Plunk.
• Someone has to drink bull’s testicles.
• Leonardo’s dad is concerned about revealing himself.
• There’s a facial-disfigurement double whammy that provides one of the most memorable sights you’ll see on TV this year…
• Nico gets to try out another of Leo’s inventions.
• If time is a river; Leo seems to be stuck in the ox-bow lake .
• Guiliano is resisting temptation.
• "Dung beetles think they’re unique.”
• Leo has a mouthful to deliver.
• Lorenzo seeks to make a new military alliance.
• Lucrezia needs to watch her back.
• The pope goes postal.
• You’ll see the most gothic light fitting ever created.
• “You've dropped some change.”
• Guiliano on the path of the traitor.
• Someone ends up a dogs dinner .
• Leo mentions his batt friends.
• An Abyssinian turns his hand to map-making – literally.
• Dragonetti's Little book comes in handy.
• We learn Guiliano’s sign of the Zodiac
• Somebody assumes a better position for a male heir.
Da Vinci’s Demons airs in the UK on FOX, Fridays at 10pm