Marvel Comics is publishing eight Captain America 80th Anniversary variant covers in July 2021 - one for each decade the Star-Spangled Avengers has been around.
Each of these will reinterpret the star of the variant cover's issue as Captain America - Spider-Woman, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Black Widow, and more.
Some surprising comic book characters have taken up the mantle of Cap in the past, which we go into with the 10 greatest heroes to wield Captain America's shield.
Of course, these Captain America 80th Anniversary variant covers are one of several things planned by Marvel for this milestone anniversary. There is also the finale of Ta-Nehisi Coates' Captain America run and the debut of the United States of Captain America limited series.
Here are the eight Captain America 80th Anniversary variant covers planned, along with who is drawing them, when they're coming out, and a link to purchase them.
Wednesday, July 14
- Spider-Woman #13 (opens in new tab) by Steve McNiven and Frank D'Armata
- Iron Man #10 (opens in new tab) by John Cassaday and Dave Stewart
Wednesday, July 21
- Moon Knight #1 (opens in new tab) by Pepe Larraz
- Miles Morales: Spider-Man #28 (opens in new tab) by Iban Coello
Wednesday, July 28
- Black Cat #8 (opens in new tab) by Leinil Francis Yu and Sunny Gho
- Black Widow #9 (opens in new tab) by Mark Brooks
- Fantastic Four #34 (opens in new tab) by Nick Bradshaw and Rachelle Rosenberg
- The Mighty Valkyries #4 (opens in new tab) by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson
If you think those Captain America costumes are eye-opening, check out the most bonkers Captain America costumes ever.
For those looking to buy these, keep in mind variant covers are exclusive to print editions of these books. The digital editions only have the primary cover, with variant covers sometimes included as 'extras' in later collected editions.
Make sure you've read the best Captain America stories of all time.