The Ultimate Game of the Year shortlist has been announced for this year’s Golden Joystick Awards, celebrating the best of the best from the games of 2019.
Blockbusters and indie darlings are all going head-to-head for the title of Ultimate Game of the Year, and your vote will help decide who comes out on top. Will you pick battle royale sensation Apex Legends or go for role-playing gem Disco Elysium?
- Vote for your Ultimate Game of the Year in The Golden Joystick Awards
The full 12 game shortlist is:
- Apex Legends (EA / Respawn Entertainment)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard / Infinity Ward)
- Control (505 Games / Remedy Entertainment)
- Disco Elysium (Studio ZA/UM / Studio ZA/UM)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
- Gears 5 (Xbox Game Studios / The Coalition)
- Outer Wilds (Annapurna Interactive / Mobius Digital)
- Resident Evil 2 (Capcom / Capcom)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision / FromSoftware)
- Telling Lies (Annapurna Interactive / Furious Bee)
- The Outer Worlds (Private Division / Obsidian Entertainment)
- Untitled Goose Game (House House / Panic Inc.)
Content director for GamesRadar+ Daniel Dawkins has explained why every vote counts in this year’s awards: “As this console generation reaches maturity, we’ve never seen such a diverse field of Ultimate Game of the Year nominees: free-to-play shooters, the rebirth of FMV storytelling, hardcore RPGs and a meme-generating goose. Based on Golden Joystick Awards voting so far, indie games are more than capable of competing with AAA blockbusters, and this UGOTY shortlist is too close to call.”
You won’t have to wait too long to find out who will win, as the Golden Joystick Awards will take place on Friday, November 15 and you can watch them live on Twitch from 3:30pm GMT.
Follow the Golden Joystick Awards on Twitter so you can keep up with the latest announcements in the run-up to the show.