Infinity Award revealed the patch notes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (opens in new tab)'s latest update, and the infamously broken shotgun is being nerfed once more. The patch also includes fixes for the campaign, Ground War mode, and various challenges.
The terrifying 725 shotgun began raising eyebrows almost immediately after Modern Warfare was released, so much so that GamesRadar put together a guide on the best Modern Warfare 725 (opens in new tab) builds. In the few short weeks Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been out, Tuesday's patch marks the 725's third nerf.
Meanwhile, the Aug with 5.56 ammo got a couple of buffing tweaks, including increased close and mid-range damage and reduced chest multiplier. You can find the complete breakdown of changes coming to the 725 and elsewhere detailed in the complete patch notes (opens in new tab) below:
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
The following challenges have been fixed:
- “Warrior’s Code”
- Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
- Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
- Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
- Officer progression: “Karma”
- Officer progression “Close and Personal”
AUG 5.56 Caliber conversion
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
- Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
Nerf it all you want, the 725 would be an absolute beast in Modern Warfare's rumored Battle Royale (opens in new tab) mode.
Watch out for big Modern Warfare price cuts with our guide to the best Black Friday game deals (opens in new tab).