Electronic Arts closed out it's EA Play event (aka EA's own private E3 2017 party) with 30 minutes of Star Wars Battlefront 2 gameplay and... I mean, holy bantha poodoo. There's so much we saw that we had to break it all down into a massive bullet list, and even so we probably didn't hit all the details.
Before we dive in, you can read our impressions of the single-player campaign with its giddying scale and focus on big set-pieces.
Still, please enjoy our observations as we sit back and catch our collective breaths. And check out the latest trailer too...
- The single-player still looks amazing
- Sentinels (a relatively new piece of lore) will show up to relay the Emperor's wishes, post-mortem
- Battlefront community members were invited to test the game out and give feedback ahead of time
- Splitscreen co-op!
- Classes will impact not only your weapons and gear, but health as well
- Classes can be customized, so you're not locked into one loadout
- You can play as a battle droid! Roger roger.
- John Boyega dropped in with a special announcement: Finn and Captain Phasma will be playable
- That weird planet with red dust from the The Last Jedi trailer is also in
- The game will feature "seasons" of content which will be free
- All post-launch heroes, maps, and modes: free
- Seriously. Free.
- One of the game's maps is Naboo's capital city, Theed
- Some maps and fights are broken into multiple phases (moving through a city, for example)
- Vehicles and troops are era-appropriate, ie. Vulture Droids and V-Wings for the prequel era
- AT-RTs look silly, but are super rad in combat
- There are no more vehicle tokens spread across the map
- Players will spend "Battle Point" to play with vehicles and Heroes
- Which includes Darth Maul, who seems crazy powerful
- Multiple heroes fighting for one team can be deployed at the same time
- Heroes are not necessarily restricted by era (meaning you could play as Rey on a prequel era map)
- Heroes who were also in the first game have new abilities, like Boba Fett's new concussion rocket
Let us know what you think plus anything we missed!