• winner2 - November 8, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Sif the Great Wolf from Dark Souls. It would have been Ornstein and Smough but It felt more personal with Sif, I like the one on one fights better.
  • JMarsella09 - November 8, 2012 3:25 p.m.

Oh I positively loved the Sif fight. If it was more challenging it would probably have been my favorite in the game.
  • BladedFalcon - November 8, 2012 10 p.m.

Entirely agreed. Orstein and Smoug are more challenging, but Sif was much better presented, and even if he's easier, he still presents quite a challenge, specially when he pulls that damn double blade spin *shakes fists* That... and he's a frigging giant wolf with a kickass cool blade, what is there not to love? And the developers were cruel enough to make you feel BAD for him when he starts limping... It's that kind of details that makes bosses like Sif stand out.
  • winner2 - November 9, 2012 9:18 a.m.

Definitely one of my favorites. Damn, all these dark soups comments are motivating me to beat it. I never got around to coming back after I got killed by Seath being too greedy trying to get the moon sword. Justification : you can swing lazer swings.
  • codystovall - November 8, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Pokemon Trainer Red.
  • tomasfr89 - November 8, 2012 3:05 p.m.

N. Gin in Crash Bandicoot 3: missiles, rockets, lasers and a giant robot to blow up; what's there not to love? Irwin in Legend of Mana: you fight a giant winged demon on top of the head of a gargantuan undead snake while heavy metal assault your ears. It doesn't get more bitching than that. Nemesis in Resident Evil 3: he just keeps on coming!!! Why won't you stay dead?! Eve in Parasite Eve: She's the Disney Villain of boss fights: she sings, she is evil incarnate, and you love her more than the heroes.
  • jake-shapiro - November 8, 2012 3:11 p.m.

The "final boss" of Killer7. So epic.
  • 7-D - November 8, 2012 3:14 p.m.

The End in MGS: Snake Eater is definitely up there
  • daveyc02909 - November 11, 2012 10:31 p.m.

Absolutely, surprised it wasn't one of the editors' choices.
  • SDHoneymonster - November 8, 2012 3:24 p.m.

The final boss in Bayonetta - in fact, all of the bosses in Bayonetta - are just insanely brilliant. The final one in particular though sticks with me - long, intense, gruelling, requiring every ounce of your skill and concentration. Ganondorf from the end of Ocarina Of Time was, and still is, brilliant. Sif from Dark Souls, especially now with the bonus intro in the new content too - much like the Colossi, he's one of the few bosses you feel awful about fighting. Speaking of Colossi, the first flying one you encounter in Shadow Of The Colossus... gets me every time.
  • nokeisoka - November 8, 2012 3:39 p.m.

I enjoyed fighting dark link with the goron sword
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 8, 2012 4:08 p.m.

As did I. It made it infinitely easier. I don't think I ever beat him without it.
  • DREAMCASTSATURN - November 8, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Trant (RE1), Chaos (Sonic Adventure), Merasmus the Magician (Team Fortress 2). Challenging times for all!
  • DrakonisNegatum - November 8, 2012 3:52 p.m.

My personal favorites, Sephiroth (FF7) Ultimecia (FF8) Demise (Skyward Sword)
  • cgriff63 - November 8, 2012 3:54 p.m.

The second battle with Ansem in the original Kingdom Hearts. The last Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Zant from Twilight Princess. Mr. Freeze from Batman: Arkham City. The second boss in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. and Evrae from Final Fantasy X. With Honorable Mentions going to any other boss in Shadow of the Colossus Yoshi's Island, and the Paper Mario and Zelda series'
  • masterjoe123 - November 8, 2012 3:55 p.m.

I loved Zant from Twilight Princess. I liked the changing environments and the shifting strategy needed to beat him. I also liked Cortez from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
  • obviouslyadouche - November 8, 2012 4:22 p.m.

The final boss from world ends with you. I had been marathoning that game for around 6 hours and when I got to it it was a highly well designed monster that I really felt like I had to beat. On my first go It was pretty tough too. Oh and then i felt like a jerk at the end.
  • talleyXIV - November 8, 2012 4:26 p.m.

Ganon/Ganondorf from Twilight Princess.
  • rainn'sgaydar - November 8, 2012 4:33 p.m.

My two favorite colossi were Basaran and Phalanx, which I think makes me a minority. And my favorite Zelda boss is the whole final sequence of TP. It just had a very important feel to it. For that matter, so did OoT and WW. I mean, those both end with a sword to Ganon's head. Who doesn't love that?
  • GoldenEagle1476 - November 8, 2012 4:35 p.m.

E2M8 from Doom. The final level of that episode, it's the first time you ever face the cyberdemon. The map is wide open and you have an almost endless supply of rockets. Such an epic battle.
  • KA87 - November 8, 2012 4:37 p.m.

The final boss fight from Dark Souls was great. A turly hard fight against a tough boss in one of the hardest games you will ever play. It was so rewarding to beat him and his 4 arms into the ground. "We'd hate to see you go hallow on us he he he."