Metro Last Light claimed the top spot on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended May 18. However, retail monitor Chart-Track noted today that the Metro 2033 follow-up didn’t match the first week sales of its predecessor, which only managed to debut at No.5 back in week 11 of 2010. The post apocalyptic shooter sequel knocked fellow Deep Silver game Dead Island: Riptide down to No.2 following three weeks at the top of the chart, while retailer promotions helped FIFA 13 jump to No.3.
The week’s second-highest new entry was fourth-placed 3DS exclusive Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, which came in ahead of last week’s No.2, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Tomb Raider, The Walking Dead, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Assassin's Creed III and Bioshock Infinite rounded off the top ten.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Metro: Last Light (Koch Media)
- Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (Nintendo)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- The Walking Dead (Telltale)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- BioShock Infinite (Take-Two)