• Benedict Cumberbatch claims to MTV that he spends most of Star Trek Into Darkness whispering: “I only whisper for the whole movie. It's very quiet in space… You can talk at very, very low decibels and people hear you." The site also claims he “mouthed” Harrison's “true identity” (interesting… true identity?), and Cumberbatch revealed one line from the film: "I can help you.”
• The TV version of Marvel’s AKA Jessica Jones – adapted by Twilight movies scripter Melissa Rosenberg – could still happen, even though it seems to have been in development hell for an eternity. Rosenberg tells IGN that it's currently being shopped around to other networks and could eventually land on cable. "Marvel is trying to set it up somewhere else. They're looking at a lot of different possibilities ... That would be fabulous. But you know, I don't know if it's an ABC show. It might be a cable show, really. The graphic novel is the first one that Marvel did that was meant to serve an adult audience. I toned it down a little bit for network, but it's very, very easy to translate that into cable. Very easy. God I love that project… it's one of my favourite things that I've ever written. The graphic novel was so phenomenal that I really just wanted to bring that to the screen. It's so raw, and I love this character that is kind of a B-level superhero. She's not in one world or another, she's a borderline alcoholic. She's just a mess, but she's driven by a need to do something greater, you know? She's just this delicious character. Fun, you know? I'd love to write that character more, and I hope I get the opportunity. I've always said that I'd love to write the female Iron Man, this very f***ed-up female character that also wants to do some good. And that's who she is."
• Colin Ford (the boy in Cameron Crowe's We Bought A Zoo , and the young Sam Winchester in Supernatural ) is the first actor confirmed for CBS’s TV adaptation of Stephen King’s Under the Dome . He will play Joe, a bright kid who freaks out when he realises that he and his parents have been separated by a giant dome covering their New England town. [via Deadline ]
• Warner Bros is set to take Homer’s The Odyssey into space. James DiLapo will write the screenplay, with Harry Potter ’s David Heyman among the producers. Erm… isn’t that a film version of Ulysses 31 , then? [via Deadline ]
• Ubisoft Motion Pictures and New Regency have hired British playwright Michael Lesslie (he wrote Prince Of Denmark which was performed at the National Theatre) to pen the film version of Assassin's Creed . Michael Fassbender is set to star. [via The Hollywood Reporter ]
• Another clip from the animated The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 .
• George Clooney has been announced as the star of 1952 , the mysterious new movie project from scripter Damon Lindelof. [via Blastr ]
• Merlin ’s final series debuted with 1.63 million viewers on the US Syfy channel, pretty much exactly what the series four premier achieved.