• rodrigo-cid-campeador - February 9, 2014 2:40 p.m.

I agree with most of this post, but when it comes to Tommy Vercetti...dude, he had more or less the profile of a psycho, he showed basically no emotion during the whole game. The difference between him and Trevor is that Tommy was more machiavelic in nature: he didnt necesarily enjoyed murdering, but felt no problem towards it whatsoever, it was just a means towards an end, no matter how trivial it was. So watching him shooting prostitutes to get his money back or killing people with his car just so he doesnt need to wait for the red light wouldnt be something too weird after all. If you wanna complain about a character in particular, I have two words for you: Vic Vance. I mean, a nice family guy who got into the army to help his brother with his sickness and who dislikes both drugs and gang members suddenly turning into a drug factory owner who can mow over people just for the kicks? THAT doesnt make any sense.
  • thelegendaryX - April 15, 2014 7:49 p.m.

But, it doesn't have to "make sense".
  • thelegendaryX - December 24, 2013 5:38 p.m.

(No. I can do better.) Trevor's both the worst protagonist and the worst idea in general in the GTA series. And I don't just say that because I view him as a pathetic, amoral loser with no self-control (so he cannot possibly qualify as a badass, in my book), nor is it just because he's fugly! I can't stand him because I hate the idea that the protagonist's personally in cutscenes must match the typical GTA gamer's sporadically violent behavior (mowing down pedestrians on the sidewalk, shooting them down just for kicks, etc.) for the game to "make sense". There is a bit of that mindset going on with the other characters too, but the argument is primarily made to explain Trevor. Not only is this an entirely made up out of the blue ideal in this genre and in the GTA series, but it seems as though Rockstar couldn't just make Trevor's personality adhere to this in-sandbox behavior on the part of the player; they also had to make it so the player's in-sandbox behavior adhered to the protagonists' personalities. Two examples of that being the fact that what radio stations you can listen to depend in part on whether you're playing as Trevor, and the fact that (according to gameinformer), they chose not to put dating in GTA 5 specifically because of "the nature of the characters". F*** "the nature of the characters"! I am the character when we're in the open world in between missions! If I wanna listen to the rap station while playing as Trevor, I should be able to! If I wanna date, I should be able to do that also. Nothing is worth taking away the player's freedom while just roaming about. Nothing. If a particular character seems to demand that the player isn't allowed to do x, that character needs to be changed or removed. Rockstar owes a lot to the concept of freedom in the open world (namely the success of the entire GTA series). For them to turn their back on it now is truly despicable. /rant.
  • thelegendaryX - April 4, 2014 3:39 p.m.

Re-reading this post, I realize this implies you're not able to listen to rap AT ALL while playing as Trevor. That's not how I meant it, I was just using that part where he changes the station as an example and got carried away, lol. But I do blame the stupid story and characters' personalities for me not being able to choose my own frickin' default radio station in general!
  • thelegendaryX - December 22, 2013 6:34 p.m.

Ummm, no. Trevor's a loser, like the other two but worse. And I never wanted to play a loser in my GTA games, sorry. Plus, he's an immersion breaker. One time, I got so tired of him changing the f***in' radio station on me that I put him in the hospital. Tommy and C.J. were (and apparently will always be) the best GTA protagonists ever.
  • CGF4LIFE - April 4, 2014 3:21 p.m.

Your argument is invalid. You say he's a loser but don't say why. I understand you don't like him changing the radio but the only reason anyone plays as Trevor is so you can go on random rampages without feeling guilty.
  • thelegendaryX - April 4, 2014 3:35 p.m.

Well I posted a huge rant just above the comment you're replying to here, addressing this nonsensical notion of "feeling guilty" so I'll leave that argument alone. I didn't actually think it needed explaining, why Trevor is a loser. Look at the way he acts! He's bonkers, totally out of control and unhappy. I would say that he is every bit as miserable as the others, he just acts out in anger as his way of dealing with it. I don't want that! I want a protagonist who has his shit together! They put three protagonists in this game. THREE! They could've given me ONE cool, calm, and collected character to play as. And don't tell me Franklin is, because he definitely does not have his shit together either. Idk, I know a lot of people don't like me dissing their favorite new game, but I'm saddened by the direction GTA has taken. I know you're not supposed to LOOK UP to any of the protagonists they've had, but I would like some redeeming qualities in the people I play, in this genre of video games. I don't want to play a loser in GTA, I just don't.
  • nekluvshp - November 21, 2013 4:33 p.m.

I LOOOOOOOVE Trevor! I signed into my Rockstar social club profile for the first time yesterday to find out that 45% of my play time has been as Trevor. lol
  • Arysta - September 30, 2013 3:33 p.m.

I really liked this article. Far more interesting than run of the mill reviews. Keep stuff like this coming!
  • Jet - September 30, 2013 2:41 a.m.

I dont like trevir
  • N7Spartan95 - September 29, 2013 6:27 a.m.

I'm probably one of the only people on the face of the planet that actually obeys traffic laws in GTA V, which is something that blows my friends' minds. Usually I stop at red lights and drive on the right side of the road unless traffic really sucks and I feel like going around, or unless it's the middle of a mission where I have to chase someone or get away from the cops. I just feel like Michael and Franklin aren't the type who'd drive around like maniacs or perform crime or murder on a whim. When they do perform illegal acts, they usually have a reason for doing so, and going around rampaging as them would ruin my perceptions of their characters. As Trevor, however, I cease to give a flying fuck about rules. Though I still treat pedestrians more as obstacles than bowling pins, I can drive recklessly guilt-free and do crimes without feeling that bad about it. Security truck with money just popped up? Rob that bitch. Thief just ran off with some dude's money? Kill him and keep the money for myself. Accidently ran over a pedestrian? Zero fucks given. All this just strikes me as stuff Trevor would do because he's a grade-A psychopath, and much like the Joker, that makes him an enjoyable character. I haven't really gone on any classic GTA killing sprees yet since I've been busy doing the main story, but once I'm done with said story and I do decide to do that, I'll play as Trevor.
  • FlawlessXBL - October 21, 2013 5:39 p.m.

And i thought i was the only who obeyed traffic laws in the GTA series...
  • CitizenWolfie - September 28, 2013 8:46 a.m.

I like to think that Trevor is a nod to the very first couple of GTA games. I see Michael as the modern face of GTA (despite his stuck-in-the-past personality) and Franklin as the face of the PS2 generation GTA games. But Trevor reminds me of exactly what I used to do back in GTA1 - wreak havoc on the streets without consequence or conscience. I didn't even realise there were missions in the original GTA until I'd been playing for about a week. Franklin is my favourite character though. I think it's because his reasons for wanting to rise above being a gangbanger are very understandable given his scumbag friends and family.
  • JakePPetersen - September 28, 2013 7:29 a.m.

Great article. I love Trevor. I've found myself playing as a crazier person when I'm Trevor specifically because of this phenomenon (especially in the Merryweather ship heist, where I chose the most destructive option because that's what I thought Trevor would do in that situation). I love his dialogue and just how insane he is, and I always prefer to play his missions over any one else.
  • rajendra-gondhalekar - September 27, 2013 10:41 p.m.

Trevor cracks me up. His best line so far was uttered to Franklin's aunt in a throwaway mission, where he hands her $7.
  • CrazyB - September 28, 2013 4:56 a.m.

I think he said, 'I said buy something NICE, not something expensive!'
  • BubDot - September 27, 2013 8:50 p.m.

WILD CARD BITCHES!
  • Jacko415 - September 27, 2013 11:02 p.m.

Winning comment. On a side note: "Dayman... OH AAAH OOOH. Fighter of the Nightman... OH AAAAH OOOH."
  • niederman - September 27, 2013 7:22 p.m.

was totally thinking this ever since i got to play as trevor everything i do is cannon it feels like this is why i free roam EXCLUSIVELY as trevor it doesnt break immersion in the slightest
  • Chimy - September 27, 2013 2:12 p.m.

My best friend told me the other day that he "identify so much with trevor... his agressiviness, his determination". I told him that was insane and creepy as fuck