Topics

Best of GR

We Recommend

• dcobs123 - October 21, 2012 9:15 a.m.

While I wouldn't agree with everything on the list, they do a good job of backing up all there claiming. They even made Nathan Drake sound like a reasonable choice whom I'd normally consider just a typical hero archetype. I think James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2) deserves a spot because of his psychological complexity and wutnot.
  • joshraines - October 21, 2012 7:26 a.m.

This entire list sucks balls. WHo ever wrote it was prolly drunk when they did this.
  • HIM - October 21, 2012 3:41 a.m.

Niko Bellic and Tommy Vercetti > CJ Max Payne should be there too. Also, Raiden's awesome. Don't hurt his feelings like that
  • dcobs123 - October 21, 2012 9:23 a.m.

Yeah I didn't really get their choice for CJ, I mean all he does is just talk slang and agree with people.
  • Sinosaur - October 20, 2012 11:16 p.m.

This list feels completely bizarre, especially including a brand new character like the Dishonored guy. It doesn't feel cohesive at all, or like there was a real point to it aside from putting together an article with a lot of entries. Unless you have a massive segment on Radio Radar explaining how this article came together as well as they did with Top 100 Games on TalkRadar, I'll probably just stay disappointed.
  • kit07 - October 20, 2012 11:13 p.m.

maybe I missed it....but I didn't see Link anywhere, which can't be right, right? well for my votes would be Link, Terra (FF6) Cloud (FF7) Zidane (FF9) and Balthier (FF12) otherwise awesome list.
  • taokaka - October 20, 2012 11:58 p.m.

Ummmmm... Is this serious?
  • bigmac515 - October 21, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Link was number one... sorry mate but epic fail :p
  • Elard621 - October 21, 2012 9:46 a.m.

*Epic facepalm*
  • sabimosleh - October 21, 2012 9:59 a.m.

Actually...link was #1
  • ThundaGawd - October 20, 2012 10:35 p.m.

To be honest, I'm extremely surprised anyone actually remembered Planescape: Torment. As for the list, I'd like to add Faith from Mirror's Edge, and Dart from Legend of Dragoon (If a man who breaks into a maximum security prison, inherits the power of mankind's mythical dragoon knights, and pretty much leads a suicide mission against a god in order to save the woman he loves isn't a hero, then I don't know what is).
  • Evanesco - October 20, 2012 10:27 p.m.

I just wanted to tell you that Garrus is actually a bird, not an insect. ME3's codex told us that Turian's are actually very close to Earth's avian creatures in physiology.
  • JMarsella09 - October 20, 2012 8:14 p.m.

The Persona 3 protagonist. Why you ask? Because he is basically Jesus. ----------------------MASSIVE SPOILERS------------------------- At the end of Persona 3 the main character dies and the epilogue is about the other characters reactions to it. It is found out that he sacrificed himself to become a physical barrier hold back Erebus, the manifestation of humanity's grief and negative emotion, from triggering the end of the world. As long as people continue to feel these emotions, he must be dead. He sacrificed everything, friends, love, his future, to save the world. And even if he had the chance to be revived he wouldn't want it because it would mean the end of everything. Hence, he is Jesus. He died for your sins.
  • Kapitan360 - October 20, 2012 8:11 p.m.

Faith from Mirror's edge, duh!
  • tehtimeisnow - October 20, 2012 6:41 p.m.

horrable list mario and zelda shuoldnt b anywere near this list and y isnt the call of duty hereos on the top ten spots?
  • Jacko415 - October 20, 2012 6:25 p.m.

A few for the missing spots: Chell Artyom (Metro series) The Scout (TF2) The G-Man (HL) Wheatley (Portal 2) Faith (Mirrors Edge)
  • caleb-wiley - October 20, 2012 5:26 p.m.

At least you guys got the number one spot right.
  • caleb-wiley - October 20, 2012 5:24 p.m.

So where are the Final Fantasy heros? My vote is for Squall or Zidane, My favorite is Squall but Zidane I have to admit has the most personality out of the three ps1 heros.
  • samsneeze - October 20, 2012 3:40 p.m.

The lack of a Dragon Quest hero is rather disheartening. I'm especially partial towards five myself, the hero from seven would be fine as well.