Topics

Best of GR

• Tongo1997 - October 25, 2012 2:29 a.m.

I think that Ratchet & Clank should of been higher. They're my favorite game characters. But apart from that I think that Link should be the top.
  • OmgBBQ - October 25, 2012 5:43 a.m.

HELLOOOOO. Niko Bellic, the mercenary with a hidden heart of gold? And Onion Knight from Final Fantasy would be one of the youngest, but most capable heroes on the list.
  • SoMi - October 25, 2012 8:11 p.m.

You should add Missile or the main character from Ghost Trick, and perhaps Bayonetta? Also, I like your number one. :)
  • Doomsauce - October 25, 2012 9 p.m.

Solid Snake and Link - the top 2 best heroes in video games? FACT. I don't even care who was forgotten on the list.
  • eyueyu - October 26, 2012 7:47 a.m.

Sonya Blade: Mortal Kombat (1992-2012). Chun Li wasn't the only top female in fighting games nuking it out with the big bad boys. The original blonde female of MK has been around since the beginning and she's remained a primary staple and a huge icon of the series storyline and its success for 20+ years. Sonya Blade has been a huge part of MK's promotion, marketing, storyline, and fan base. She's an icon within the universe of fighting games in general, just like Chun-Li! She's the female face of the MK franchise, playable in almost every single game, and has made an appearance in all of them. If you have Chun-Li and Liu Kang on the list, there's no way you could have missed the story of the famous blonde military heroine who left everything behind to help save the world (constantly) against monsters, demons, ninjas, sorcerers, fallen gods, high tech robots, etc., with her iconic leg grab attacks, trademark kisses of death, and famous energy rings. She's one of the main chosen ones that were selected to save the realms. Despite the cold-badass, tough-sarcastic attitude, her kind soul and huge heart are always a trait that is emphasized in the games as she puts her friends' and allies' safety and well-being before her own. For these reasons and more, Sonya Blade is considered one of gaming's top heroes. A tough badass woman who's not afraid to get bloody and dirty with the big nasty manly monsters, ninjas and gods of MK. It's really no wonder that she made it into the Special Forces and ranked high up as a leader as well as the fact that she's one of only 2 MK heroes to have survived the apocalyptic invasion of the last game. She's Sonya Blade.
  • descuffphoenix - October 26, 2012 8:27 a.m.

I disagree with most of the characters in this list and you are missing alot of other major charaters. 1.) Sonic should be closer to mario and mario should be number 3 because nearly everyone know who he is, and he seem to be the face of Nintendo. 2.) You are missing Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 series. He should be in the top 20. 3.) Sora does indeed have the biggest feet of them all. 4.) Nathan Drake and Master Chief should be ranked lower, being that they are only exclusive charaters and not everyone would know them (PS3 fanboy here- never owned Xbox) 5.) James Bond should be in 100-91 6.) Pac-man should be ranked a little higher. 7.) I think Batman/Catwoman deserve a place on this list thank to their recent game. 8.) People are gonna start a fight with me but Lightning from FF13 series should be on this list. She is basically second to only Cloud.
  • nikeiden - October 26, 2012 8:11 p.m.

BOOO! HISSS! JEER!
  • profile0000 - October 26, 2012 12:17 p.m.

Hell of a list. I can't say I agree with all of it, but then again, I don't have to balls to post a top 100 characters of all time article, so you have you right to put whoever the hell you wanted in that list.
  • someonetgsn - October 26, 2012 1:18 p.m.

Well said. :D
  • sternparez - October 26, 2012 12:18 p.m.

is there any way you could make it so the arrow keys navigate to the next page and that we can see the image and text without having to scroll?
  • Apastron - October 27, 2012 6:42 a.m.

Scroll to the point where the image is at the top of the page, with the arrows just above it still on the screen, and if you use them to navigate, the screen stays put. It's just the bottom set of arrows that seem to mess it up (confirmed Safari, IE, Firefox and Chrome).
  • sternparez - October 26, 2012 12:43 p.m.

I'm really happy how high Snake and Drake placed. My top 3 would be 1.Snake/Big Boss 2.Drake 3. Guybrush. I'd have had Tommy Vercetti over Niko and CJ though.
  • codystovall - October 26, 2012 12:45 p.m.

Still no pokemon trainer....
  • J-Fid - October 26, 2012 12:53 p.m.

GR must secretly work for Team Rocket. Only logical explanation.
  • winner2 - October 26, 2012 6:19 p.m.

Lol'd
  • Z-man427 - October 26, 2012 1:09 p.m.

I'm glad you listed Shepherd as a female. The game is (for me) more enjoyable at Fem-Shep. As male Shepherd, he's just a bit generic.
  • Corsair89 - October 26, 2012 1:19 p.m.

*counts votes* Umm... Cloud Strife got more votes than any of the updated characters other than Shepard. What the fuck, Gamesradar?
  • Apastron - October 27, 2012 6:38 a.m.

Please tell me that you're not actually surprised by this? While us humans feed on food, water and oxygen, GR editors sustain themselves on controversy. Whilst I'm not exactly convinced of Cloud's credentials, there's absolutely no point asking us for our opinions just to ignore them because they're against GR's "No Cloud" policy.
  • Corsair89 - October 27, 2012 1:04 p.m.

That's the thing, I'd expect this kind of shit from the jaded hipster douchebags over at destructoid, but not my once beloved Gamesradar.