• n00b - October 2, 2010 2:38 a.m.

excuse me Molyneux, and ima let you finish, but i have to say that Shadow of the colossus was the greatest game designed of all time... OF ALL TIME!!!!11!
  • Hotdiddykong - October 2, 2010 2:30 a.m.

Molyneux, your a smart guy, you should be smart enough to know that an RPG will NEVER be the best if its NOT turnbased, that was your mistake and now, your a dumbass but i hope you can regain your smarts
  • FauxFurry - October 2, 2010 1:58 a.m.

Isn't Fable 3 moving away from anything resembling traditional RPG elements,making the whole thing into an adventure game? Unless Lionhead aims to redefine what the term RPG means, it might no longer be remotely possible to make good on that hyperbole someday,not that it is such a loss. It's better to cut their losses, what,with the likes of BioWare and Bethesda/Obsidian out there to compete with in pursuit of that lofty goal. Not being an RPG hasn't hurt The Legend of Zelda or the Sims any and Fable 3 looks to have elements in common with both.
  • db1331 - October 2, 2010 1:24 a.m.

When he's promoting Fable 4 he's going to come out and say the worst thing he's ever said was when he said the worst thing he's ever said was that Fable was going to be the greatest RPG of all time.
  • BMW89 - October 2, 2010 1:14 a.m.

Molyneux seems like a nerd's nerd to me - someone I just want to sit down and geek out with about all that's weird and wonderful about gaming. Yeah, I know he over-hypes his stuff, but that passion translates into Lionhead's game's charm.
  • tiben36 - October 2, 2010 1:11 a.m.

its not like if he ever said something clever
  • JohnDagger - October 2, 2010 12:58 a.m.

You know what? Say what you will about Peter, you have to admit he does put heart into his games. When I play a Lionhead studio game I can actually see the love and care that went into these games. I see what is, not what could have been. I see fun and enjoyment, not the shortcomings and missed opportunities. I play the game and enjoy it, not thinking about what they did wrong. Just stop complaining you self-entitled, pretentious pricks...If half the care and thought that went into every game as lionhead puts in theirs, then yes there would still be bad games, but all games would feel like a true experience. I dunno....I just love this industry and I hate to see people hate on someone that actually gives a fuck about their work.
  • Imgema - October 2, 2010 12:31 a.m.

Why bother making the best RPG ever? He already made the best strategy game ever many years ago (Dungeon Keeper). He should just let someone else try for the best RPG.
  • IsaacFenix - October 2, 2010 12:29 a.m.

If you were to peek into Molyneux's medicine cabinet, you'd find several pill bottles full of psychological drugs. Also, the dismembered remains of Milo slowly reforming itself. We, the Cult of Twisted Concepts, eagerly await your glorious return Dark Overlord of the Ruined Fifth Demonic Hellscape.
  • FrozenImplosion - October 2, 2010 12:29 a.m.

Fable was actually my favorite game on the original Xbox, I think he's a little too hard on himself here. I'd guess that all the times he promises some too-good-to-be-true sounding game mechanic would be his worst statements.
  • Doctalen - October 2, 2010 12:27 a.m.

You know, you got to love his enthusiasm but sadly, he has done it so much you can't take it seriously.
  • wormytables - October 2, 2010 12:25 a.m.

twazzock
  • batmanboy11 - October 2, 2010 12:23 a.m.

Stupid Peter Molyneux.
  • Crabhand - October 2, 2010 12:18 a.m.

I don't think it was the worst, quite possibly the most hyperbolic statement he's ever made. The original Fable was still a great game, but for completely different reasons than Fable II. He's a little too hard on himself, but as long as he has the drive to keep improving the series it will always be worth playing.