Topics

Swag WTF

• shyfonzie - June 12, 2010 7:40 p.m.

Great trailer, cheesy line.
  • ultimatepunchrod - June 12, 2010 7:26 p.m.

this looks cool but im sure that people will get offended, but i hope it doesnt get too bad because it is just a fictional game, and i think it would be the most probable way that America would ever get invaded and that is a cool setting for a game.
  • raisonbread - June 12, 2010 6:58 p.m.

this actualy looks like a good MODERN WARFARE game.
  • kyle94 - June 12, 2010 6:56 p.m.

@initialreactionshow Don't forget the best alternate history game, Freedom Fighters. And that had a third person perspective, and was a great simple squad game. But I think this game is going to go with gameplay more like Turning Point. Also, I still don't understand how everyone has their panties in a knot about this game. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory's story involved a rogue Japanese admiral trying to start World War 3 between China/North Korea vs. the US/South Korea, and it was the best Splinter Cell game!
  • initialreactionshow - June 12, 2010 6:41 p.m.

Wow, great trailer. I love alternate history stories, like for instance "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty" where Winston Churchill dies and the Nazis starts invading New York. That was a horrible game though. Homefront is sort of the same premise, all though it is ever the more chilling because it is alternate history that is set in the future, lending a weight to the realizability of this story. It also makes me draw comparisons to "Six Days in Fallujah". Where do we draw the line when it comes to topical politically sensitive issues depicted in media? Why do the issues presented in "Six Days in Fallujah" sit differently with the viewer than the issues presented here in "Homefront"? It is an interesting topic. Also, I'm interested to see what type of game this is going to be. I instantly think of a first-person shooter but a third-person perspective could be interesting as well. What do you think?
  • TURbo - June 12, 2010 6:20 p.m.

Why can't their be a story of America being more facistic with the largest spending military in the world, and decide to wail ass on own citizens.
  • TURbo - June 12, 2010 6:11 p.m.

There must be something about all the ships in the Navy mysteriously sink, and none of the airplanes won't start, while the Koreans cross the pacific ocean. AND THE UNITED STATES WAS BEHIND THIS ALL ALONG
  • TURbo - June 12, 2010 6:07 p.m.

Why did they get George W. Bush's neoconservative council on Foreign policy to write this game?
  • HoodS - June 12, 2010 5:53 p.m.

@FantasticMrStarFox i dont really think 2.3 ar15 owners would be able to see off a whole army
  • MisterAdequate - June 12, 2010 4:24 p.m.

Jesus Christ alive and riding a little red unicycle. You people take things too seriously. It's clearly a silly premise and the overwrought nature of this trailer and pamphlet only prove that. The devs are well aware of how ridiculous the idea is - nobody cares. Just revel in the ridiculousness.
  • kyle94 - June 12, 2010 4:09 p.m.

@Vitoruss1 Wolfenstein was regular Nazis, not Neo-Nazis. Not many Neo-Nazis in games. Also, @Everyone There was a gameplay trailer released last year. Just search "Homefront gameplay trailer" on youtube.
  • Vitoruss1 - June 12, 2010 4:02 p.m.

Or, what I meant to say was: With Homefront's Koreans coming from the west, Modern Warfare 2's Russians coming from the east, Halo's covenant in Africa and Wolfenstein's Neo-Nazis in Europe, we're DOOMED! Someone get Duke Nukem and Serious Sam on the phone... BEST GAME EVER.
  • Vitoruss1 - June 12, 2010 3:58 p.m.

I am going to agree with MitsuharuSan that this game does seem pretty racist. Scary, too. I'll wait for gameplay footage to judge it, though.
  • MordortheRedguard - June 12, 2010 3:23 p.m.

Officially, I am pretty sure that almost all countries would have gone to war with the Unified Korea and we would have never abandoned Japan when it was invaded.
  • nicoleyue12 - June 12, 2010 3:12 p.m.

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at an age gap dating site [A_g_e_m_i_n_g_l_e @ c.//o.//m]---a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends
  • Brett35 - June 12, 2010 3:10 p.m.

this isnt racist north korea is communist and thats what communists try to do
  • harujongil - June 12, 2010 2:55 p.m.

대한민국!!!!! 최고 나라 야!!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ all your base are belong to us!
  • sixboxes - June 12, 2010 2:43 p.m.

Geezus... you could distill a thousand Hollywood plots down to their basic premise and a good nine hundred or so of them will sound sillier than Homefront's. We have NO info about characters, gameplay, storyline, setting (other than the US)... and yet so many people have found things to bash about the game? Sad. We don't even have screenshots, fergawdsakes! I for one will wait until we have at least one of the above pieces of info before forming my own ridiculously biased, poorly formed opinion. But by all means, the rest of you may carry on.
  • JohnnyMaverik - June 12, 2010 2:32 p.m.

Canada will one day rule the world, or rather Canada, since it'll be the only bit of it left... other than Switzerland of course, those sneaky Swiss b*stards >.<
  • theemporer - June 12, 2010 12:47 p.m.

Well, I'm Canadian, so I guess I'm safe...