• thedonut - December 29, 2010 5:49 a.m.

@GorgonHeap: I totally 101% agree with you. Chronos was definitely the best and most memorable fight.
  • Nodoudt - December 29, 2010 4:25 a.m.

Lol at the Spoilers man. Guess he found a new profession too...
  • GorgonHeap - December 29, 2010 2:41 a.m.

hi, new here:) haven't played monster hunter or ME2, but i am still a little surprised about something here on this list: that Poseidon was chosen over the battle against F'ing KRONOS! they have Kratos owning Wander by figthing off Zeus' damn father (a pretty "BIG daddy") on the one size, but decides to go with a fight that ends with Kratos poking out the eyes of the wuss'd-down version of Poseidon.. sure i cant be the only one who is wondering why they didnt include it or at least mentioned it. and how cant they? the guy is so big he also makes up for the level itself. he could pick his teeth with one of the giants from "Shadow of the Colossus"XD. it irritates me because when i saw he title of this i got excited to read an article about the fight, and i got even more excited when i scrolled down and saw GOD OF WAR. so it was kind of a dissapointment when i read "Poseidon". the build up to Poseidon is great and i am not saying it is bad at all. but when you compare the two, the choice SHOULD have been pretty easy.
  • DeathbyFira - December 29, 2010 1:05 a.m.

@Felixthecat Give the guy a break i bet you havent played all those games ither and yea bayonettas boss fights are awesome but i kinda liked castlevainas fight too lol i wish they freaking made a hd version of shadow of colossus already lol
  • tacehtselrahc - December 28, 2010 10:21 p.m.

What about the final boss fight from Enslaved?
  • xboxwarriorx - December 28, 2010 10:16 p.m.

may heard on the grapevine that the ps3 had major slowdown issues with the boss man (may think his name was David) on GOW. x_x now, may not an industrie man (haha or even a scientist man!) but may think this mostly down to poor workmanship and cheep components cpu x_x for respect from men, the numbers 360
  • justinbanda - December 28, 2010 9:11 p.m.

No Barthandelus/Orphan? I thought that any one of FFXIII's boss battles would be considered epic enough for this list. Also, not that this 'technically' counts, but I thought the War Machine bits in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood were pretty awesome, too. Seriously, shooting at crossbow-wielding soldiers on horses with a gatling gun across a burning bridge. Re-read that once more.
  • RicePuddingUK - December 28, 2010 7:42 p.m.

Ahem, Where the hell is the Human Reaper from Mass Effect 2?!
  • revrock - December 28, 2010 7:41 p.m.

Whoa, lots of Monster Hunter rage here... I will admit that some of the boss battles may be tougher or with bigger bosses but the article is "best" boss battles. Maybe it is because Lagi is on the cover of the game but there is just a certain coolness factor to the battle. Therefore, I can agree with its place on this list.
  • Spybreak8 - December 28, 2010 7:20 p.m.

@daggertail Actually I would say the first time you come across the Praetorian is a better boss fight than the human reaper at the end of ME2. At least you need to conduct better strategy anyway.
  • Spybreak8 - December 28, 2010 7:11 p.m.

Runner up Lost Planet 2? Bosses so big like Monster Hunter Tri you need a few friends.
  • Tygerclaws - December 28, 2010 6:48 p.m.

Eliath said what I wanted to say before I had the chance to say it. Granted, the build up to Lagiacrus was really nice--and being a raging hydrophobe, really fulfilling--and really bloody fun. Really, all the bosses in Monster Hunter Tri was fantastic, but Eliath mentioned most of the best. All I would add would be the Jhen Mohran, the gargantuan sand dragon that you have to first chase down on a sand skiff.
  • TwilightBlaze - December 28, 2010 6:45 p.m.

Actually, in Heavy Rain, you can gather some evidence and then leave without getting bondaged.
  • Felixthecat - December 28, 2010 6:41 p.m.

Dredgen probably hasn't been playing video games for that long.
  • daggertail - December 28, 2010 5:26 p.m.

The Reaper in ME2 was epic in size, but not in battle. All you did was shoot his arm tanks four times (or just twice if you were quick enough) and then give him the longest laser eye surgery in recorded history, and fight the occasional Harbinger. I mean look at these other entries. You have to run your ass off and get in their face just to stay alive. You can stay in one place for the entire Reaper battle and live ok, rant over. lol
  • Tobio - December 28, 2010 5:19 p.m.

@Dredgon The AC-games are awesome, but their bosses aren't epic at all.
  • Dredgon - December 28, 2010 4:32 p.m.

What about the Human Reaper in ME 2?! Or the Darkness Tornado in Alan Wake, or Cesare in AC: Brotherhood?!
  • Lionzest7 - December 28, 2010 4:26 p.m.

bored of bayonetta bosses, felt like fighting dmc4's savior for 2 of them. The vehicular based ones were boring and overstayed their welcome. Also got tired of refighting the same bosses again. After playing the game 3 times for achievements I can safely say I don't think they're that cool. Well at least I got 100% on that game. Honestly I liked a lot of the vanquish bosses, the twin holograms at the end and the giant building with guns. I played it on hard first shot, so it was intense. I personally haven't enjoyed a real boss battle since Ninja Gaiden 1/2 and MGS3. Special notes to non-2010 boss battles: Volgin (in base after C4) Inhert (battle in the dark) Lazaravich (a fitting end) Ninja Gaiden xbox/360 every one Bowser *yoshi's Island* Radiant Silvergun EVERY BOSS
  • Eliath - December 28, 2010 3:48 p.m.

First, I would like to say that I enjoyed the article. Second, I know that it's an opinion piece; however, I have to disagree about Lagiacrus for Monster Hunter: Tri. While it is definitely awesome looking, it's not that special to fight. In fact it can easily be taken down in ten minutes later on in the game even solo. It's the poster child for the game, but why not pick one of the end game bosses: Caedeus - the final boss in the single player portion of the game is also an underwater battle. It takes place in a ruined underwater city, it has it's own music (which is bloody epic), and you're about the size of it's eye. Lagiacrus is about the size of Caedeus' head, so no Lagiacrus IS NOT THE BIGGEST UNDERWATER foe in the game, or you never beat the game. It also makes me think of Shadow of the Colossus in terms of design minus the strategic climbing portion from SoC. Deviljho - also has it's own music and is the hardest in the game other than the last boss. It's like T-Rex crossed with Godzilla and pissed off to boot. Alatreon - you start off at the boss. No stage to run around because he's hard enough without having to chase him down. The music is also quite good. Not as good as Ceadeus though. Trying to kill him is hard enough. Trying to break his horns for the rare drops is even harder. It's still not that hard with a good party and can be done in under twenty minutes, but it's still the hardest fight in the game. Lastly, in regards to Lagiacrus taking forever to kill... you're doing it wrong. There. I said it. /endrage I loved the article.
  • monsterhunter3rox - December 28, 2010 3:41 p.m.

i don´t agree with the monster hunter tri part.the online sand dragon Jhen Moran is much more epic.