Topics

TalkRadar

We Recommend

• TURbo - February 21, 2010 7:25 a.m.

You need to get a fan soon, otherwise during the summer, the room will smell like Antista's nutsack.
  • fanboyhunter - February 21, 2010 6:19 a.m.

T-DAR is the ONLY podcast for me. Thanx guys for opening me up to some overclocked remix. Also for Metroid Metal from another podcast. love u guys.
  • Vagrant - February 21, 2010 4:31 a.m.

All the space talk made me want a Mass Effect movie. One that starts with the discovery of Prothean ruins on Mars. The film could follow humanity's adventure, finding the first mass relay and the first time we see another solar system and colonise worlds. Eventually, the whole first contact war with the Turians. And it ends when the council step in to intervene and the humans travel to the Citadel for the first time. I think that'd be pretty cool.
  • nik41507 - February 21, 2010 4:25 a.m.

ailiensssssssssssss
  • 2Girls1CupOfSorrow - February 21, 2010 3:41 a.m.

TalkRadar compelled me to shave my genital area last night, so I did it.
  • Drawed - February 21, 2010 1:30 a.m.

Commenting! And when will the Halo Legends contest winners be announced?
  • Samael - February 20, 2010 11:33 p.m.

Haven't even listened to the cast yet (too addicted to Borderlands) but apparently you guys need an AC and comments can help that so...here's...my...comment. Can't have a sweaty Elston. Oh alright, I'll just go listen to these shenanigans.
  • 435 - February 20, 2010 9:18 p.m.

ALSO. Instant and forever love now for OCRemix. I'd always enjoyed them, but now, it's total polesmoking OM NOM NOM for their total and utter love for Streets of Rage and their desire for a fourth. HEAR THAT, SEGA? GET TO WORK, DAMMIT.
  • 435 - February 20, 2010 8:45 p.m.

Guess you guys can get an AC unit installed. :3
  • IGiveUFunkButt - February 20, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I'm trying to stay interested when you talk about games other that Mass Effect 2 (ie: Bioshock 2). It's hard because everything else seems like shallow crap (ie: Bioshock 2).
  • TedDidlio - February 20, 2010 8:09 p.m.

I probably came off like a douche already with my 2000 character long rant about space travel, but I've got to make myself into more of a fun spoiling douche; the Phoenix UFO thing was completely debunked. I was so interested in that for a while, then I watched an 1-2 hour documentary just tearing it to shreds. It showed, definitively and undeniably, that it was some sort of military flare test. Do some googling and read about it, it's completely nonsense. If you don't know the evidence that debunks it, it sounds amazing and convincing, but it's really not. And even if nobody had debunked it, it's a huge leap to go from, "There's something that I can't identify in the sky" to "It must be hyper-advanced life forms who have figured out how to bend space and time and are visiting Phoenix Arizona for everyone to see." I.. I've spent too much time on this. I'm a big ol' douche. Yet again, no know about Matt or this episode, I'm still enjoying myself silly.
  • axis56 - February 20, 2010 8:06 p.m.

a uk listener here for you chris! on demand to prove there is at least on uk listener.
  • TedDidlio - February 20, 2010 8:01 p.m.

Very entertaining cast, but I've got to comment on the alien stuff. While interesting and entertaining, we've got to be honest about space travel. As Brett mentioned, the only way to do it would be wormhole travel, and that would literally take something like 10 million times the power of our sun, along with countless other insane technologies we haven't even thought of. It's interesting to muse on what would happen if aliens did come, but we've got to be philosophically and scientifically honest about it. Unless there's a race of aliens immensely more intelligent than humans, and that has figured out how to build a physical ship out of the elements that we have in our universe, that can withstand the EXTREME physical strain that wormhole travel would cause, and has created a compact, stable power source that would fit in a space ship that is millions upon millions of times more powerful the our sun, has figured out how to do precise navigation both to and fro, and has just HAPPENED to stumble upon Earth, we have not been visited by aliens. When I was 8, my dad made me realize the unlikelihood of an alien race, no matter how technologically advanced and miraculous, just happening upon earth. He took a copy of the New York times, and circled one letter on the first page. He then flipped through about 100 or so pages, and circled another letter. He told me to imagine the paper spread out on the floor. Each letter represented some massive amount of miles, I don't remember exactly, maybe a billion, something like that. He said each letter represented that many miles. That letter he circled was something like the first planet that scientists believe could even possibly have any intelligent life on it. I realize how long and necessary this is, and how rambling it's become, and how nobody will likely read this, but I felt compelled to make a case against serious discussion of alien life visiting earth as a genuine possibility. Again, regardless, great and entertaining case/segment.
  • TanookiMan - February 20, 2010 7:15 p.m.

Here's to you guys getting the board room back...or at least AC! Great show, as always!
  • McAwesome73 - February 20, 2010 6:52 p.m.

Lol. Loved the intro. Get this. I listen to your podcast at work, which is maybe 100 yards from Lake Winnipesaukee, which is mentioned in the skit. Funspot, the arcade featured in the movie King of Kong is maybe a 10 minute drive away. And more Flight of the Navigator music in the 'cast, please.
  • JeffGoldblum1 - February 20, 2010 6:26 p.m.

This was one of my favorite podcasts in awhile. I really love how TalkRadar has graduated from gaming podcast to this kind of wacky variety show with interviews and alien shit. I love it! Keep up the good work!
  • bjt2012 - February 20, 2010 5:49 p.m.

Love the alien talk!
  • GLaDanUS - February 20, 2010 5:15 p.m.

New to Tdararz. All hail Helix Nebula
  • rittercat - February 20, 2010 4:13 p.m.

Great episode! The weekend is always better with my TalkRadar fix!! Thank you!
  • TheWoolyMammoth - February 20, 2010 3:08 p.m.

I finally visited OCR last night after hearing your interview. Oh and yes, I'm a UK listener =p