We Recommend

• anthony-brown - November 1, 2011 4:46 a.m.

What really excited me is that this is not a Ps3 product, purely a Sony product which means you can use this on an xbox360, before I get flamed just consider how cool this will be with Forza4 and its kinect head tracking? The 3D is going to be awesome due to the dual screens!
  • GamesRadarMatthewKeast - September 1, 2011 11:43 a.m.

The device is basically a tiny TV screen. So you plug it into your console or DVD player or whatever, although I'm not sure what connections it has - possibly a mini HDMI port. I was told that it's designed to fit with glasses, although I didn't get to test how comfortable that would be.
  • therawski - September 1, 2011 11:07 a.m.

I'd like to know if it has a headset, it would be really awkward to have a bluetooth on one ear under this, it would probably be easy to implement a small mic right in the visor.
  • CurryIsGood - September 1, 2011 3:14 a.m.

What if you are using this and your house catches fire
  • krystalcomet - August 31, 2011 8:29 p.m.

I thought of this type of thing months ago! I am really excited to see how the tech will advance.
  • z50macdaddy - August 31, 2011 7:23 p.m.

A re-imaged Virtual Boy?
  • narddog - August 31, 2011 6:31 p.m.

Those headphones might as well be from those"goofy old days" I thought that the sophisticated headphone market had moved past this awful design. I expect a whole lot more from Sony.
  • Deathdeisel - August 31, 2011 6:20 p.m.

Btw heres a link to this product on a different website with different details. Pricing is said to be roughly 785$ in the US. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Head-Mounted-display-Personal-3D-viewer-HMZ-T1-Dual-Panel-OLED,news-12361.html
  • Rowdie - September 2, 2011 6:25 a.m.

Well, so much for that.
  • Gex4212 - August 31, 2011 4:28 p.m.

You guys did not provide enough information whether It was stand alone or works with the PS3 wirelessly through Bluetooth or 2.4/5 Ghz bandwith or what frushy said regarding HDMI plugin
  • Deathdeisel - August 31, 2011 4:19 p.m.

I wonder how this affects vision over time, with screens being literally that close to your eyes, yes it seems far, but the screens in reality are close. IIRC i saw another article on this that said roughly 500$, or so, but i could be wrong completely.
  • HumorTumor - August 31, 2011 8:23 p.m.

this concerns me too. It would be like holding your eyes right against a tv. And focusing on something that close could potentially do a lot of damage.
  • anthony-brown - November 1, 2011 4:38 a.m.

This really won't be a concern, this type of display is totally different to your TV. This is essentially a n electronic viewfinder like what I use for video production on high end video cameras. These small LCD screens have a different dot pitch to your Tv, this is the black space between the pixels on your tv screen, this screen will be engineered specifically for your eyes to be this close with the pixels being smaller in proportion to the viewing distance so don't let this put you off mate. Viewfinders for video cameras are engineered the same way fit the same requirements. Look up the Zacuto EVF to see where I'm coming from ;0)
  • shawksta - August 31, 2011 4:11 p.m.

Sounds cool but its against heavy judgement. Does this visor plays its own games, or do you insert PS3 games? Also is 3D HD right in your face a good idea? In a way, it can just be an advanced version of Nintendos Virtual boy. Most importantly, is virtual Reality really needed now? It was interesting back then but now it seems degrading, especially since its just playing a game in your face. Sony's taking a risk, it looks awesome but if this is effective or not is the question, if its just an option and not forced than thats the way to go!
  • anthony-brown - November 1, 2011 4:39 a.m.

It's nt intending to be a virtual headset just a wearable 3D screen.
  • jamie-powley - August 31, 2011 3:49 p.m.

Can You Guys Estimate A Pricetag On One Of These? :D
  • badgraphix1 - August 31, 2011 4:12 p.m.

So this will stream from your TV? I'm not really sure how screens have their price determined, so I can't answer you there.
  • cyberaltair - August 31, 2011 3:39 p.m.

This is a thing that will affect whether I buy this thing or no. How easy it is for people who wear glasses to use this thing? Watching 3D movies is already a pain cause as one would expect wearing 2 glasses isn't great.
  • jamie-powley - August 31, 2011 3:50 p.m.

I Imagine It'd be Fine, They Said It Floated Over Your Eyes And Nose, So I Assume It Misses That Region :D
  • j-dog - August 31, 2011 4:03 p.m.

dude wont need glasses with this you're not looking at anything actually far away... only at a screen an inch or so away from your eyeball which is as close as the lenses in your glasses