• ChrisCultista - April 6, 2011 10:06 p.m.

I dont think that Anon is attacking because of Geo being convicted. I think it is the whole forcing to display of their identity. I could see net users getting riled up for that, and especially/obviously Anon. But I do agree that they should keep the little guy in mind whenever they do their attacks. Scalpels over swords as it were.
  • ChickenFillet5140 - April 6, 2011 9:43 p.m.

Fuck these anonymous bastards! Bunch of immature nerds living in their parent's basements. We gamers don't give a shit about your crusade against Sony. That douchebag GeoHot got caught and he should pay, that's the law. Stop ruining it for those of us who simply want to play with our friends, it's not cool.
  • TheRandomFool - April 6, 2011 9:41 p.m.

Sony may need to chill out a bit with the lawsuits, I can agree. But to hack their servers and ruin things for everyone doesn't just hurt them, it hurts everyone who supports the game industry. Assholes who damage the industry deserve the hatred they get. Sure, Geo messed with the console, ban anyone who does that from the network. Sure, Sony may be freaking a bit much, but messing up networks average people use is just sick. Were it me, I would want the hacking of accounts and such to have more serious penalties than jail, to discourage more pretentious pricks from persisting with this shit.
  • TastyCakesMcgee - April 6, 2011 9:36 p.m.

While the concept of a nerd fight on this large of a scale excites me to no end, I still think it sucks some major horse nuts for the PS3 gamers. I'm a PC gamer by trade and know how annoying it is just to get a single hacker jack wagon in on a heated game of CS:S, so having your entire system of play (if that's what actually happened) get taken out because someone wants to have a penis measuring contest with Sony has got to be really frustrating. But, hey, I'm a PC gamer, so I'm sitting back and enjoying the show lol. Kinda makes me a bad person, but whateves, entertainment is entertainment.
  • d0x - April 6, 2011 9:27 p.m.

As much as it may suck for everything to be missing out on certain things on PSN. I cant really blame Anon for this. They are standing up for GeoHot the only way that anyone really can besides yelling. Do I support their actions? No, but I understand it. GeoHot as far as we know broke no laws. He modified a piece of hardware he owned without using a Sony SDK or Sony development tools to do so. What he does in his free time is his business. This isnt the first time Sony has been jerks. They got the best import site around lik-sang.com shut down, they installed root kits on peoples computers which lead to peoples home pc's being hacked and massive amounts of data being lost (how quickly the masses forget). Anyone remember beta max? When it was in Sony's interest they stood up for consumer rights of fair use but not that its their own interests they try to shut people down with strong arm tactics and I cant support that. if that means I cant download a demo on my ps3 or play killzone 3 online then so be it.
  • foxyexplosion - April 6, 2011 9:18 p.m.

Im totally for Anonymous' moves, we need to show companies how to deal with smarter consumers and show them there is a harmony that can be attained between mutual respect. Sony didn't respect the consumer after he took liberties with his product which they selfishly maintain the rights to so they get disrespect back. Hopefully Sony will lose customers and learn these problems can be solved with words and not money. Though Geohot is a bit of a tool
  • GreenLeader - April 6, 2011 8:51 p.m.

@ Mortis I would LOVE to see that movie.
  • michaelkaramas - April 6, 2011 8:32 p.m.

only going to to strengthen sonys case... especially attacks directed at the judge.
  • ferethi - April 6, 2011 8:29 p.m.

Despite what the hacker supporters think, Sony isn't bad. According to popular opinion throughout history Corporations have always been evil because they make a lot of money and won't distribute what makes them money for free. Suck it up. Get a job. Earn some money. Buy a game. Besides Anonymous most likely is just doing this for attention. It working by the way.
  • pinoklin - April 6, 2011 8:26 p.m.

" thereby hurting everyday gamers who could give a crap about Anonymous' objectives and just want to kill their friends in peace." hahaha that part cracked me up
  • Xephimost - April 6, 2011 8:25 p.m.

So why write stories about it? The reason why they insist on doing it is because they want attention. The publicity is why it works because then you'll have newfags wanting to participate just so they can feel like they're "In" with the rest of the class. Making it the popular thing by publishing stories about it constantly draws more and more people into joining. This is, I believe, one of those things that would be better off ignored. Anon only likes to fight its hardest when people are watching.
  • Ironarm - April 6, 2011 8:24 p.m.

Ha! The hackers think they're like Project Mayhem or something. They aren't. Just a bunch of basement dwellers that don't know what the outside world looks like.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 6, 2011 8:07 p.m.

Hoo boy, this is gonna be fun to watch. And not so fun to experience. Futching DDoS attacks.
  • NotBraze - April 6, 2011 7:57 p.m.

I hold no love for Sony, but in this case the enemy of my enemy is my friend and I wish Sony the best in this. GeoHotz is a smug hacker who gets off on helping pirates rob the industry of revenue, and Anonymous, despite the fact that I agree with their causes on occasion, are in general a bunch of basement dwellers who are more focussed on making a scene than actually helping anyone. If anonymous succeeds the ultimate outcome is that pirates will rape, pillage, and plunder the PS3, Sony will raise prices on PSN to compensate, and your average user who just wants to mind his own business and play games will be the one who suffers.
  • Yaro - April 6, 2011 7:55 p.m.

Ok so basically I couldn't give two shits about this whole thing. Someone wants to hack, whatever, it's their business, but now that their pretentious actions and announcements are negatively affecting my gaming experience I gotta say I am not pleased and I actually have reasons to be against hackers, because of their audacity and meddlesome nature...Guess it's too much to expect to buy a console and play games in peace nowadays... TL;DR Sony is giving me games and free online service, hackers are sabotaging that...I'm not in favor of hackers.
  • mastersword369 - April 6, 2011 7:51 p.m.

As a 360 gamer, it's fun to watch this hppen.
  • Defguru7777 - April 6, 2011 7:48 p.m.

Fuck Anonymous.
  • bball42242442 - April 6, 2011 7:44 p.m.

i don't get how people can support these hackers, ugh i'm not gonna go on a rant, screw it the morons arn't worth it
  • Denrok - April 6, 2011 7:33 p.m.

All of them are fucking criminals with a false sense of entitlement. They get boners from imagining that they are leading some kind of revolution like in V For Vendetta or something. What they are really doing is acting like the fucking Nazis or the Taliban and hurting innocent people under the guise of trying to make a better world.
  • samkovacs - April 6, 2011 7:32 p.m.

Yay for having a Xbox!