Sport & Auto
- About Future
- Digital Future
- Cookies Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Investor Relations
- Contact Future
Yeah, it seems when Sony put up the Hunting and Trading downloadable content on the PlayStation Store for Red Dead Redemption, it uploaded an incomplete file. That led to all sorts of problems for gamers who paid for the add-on. Although it was the wrong file, the game still accepted it and just created glitches all over the place. This is not just a couple sporadic, no-one-will-ever-notice bugs, but rather holes in the code that caused key functions in the game to work improperly.
Above: This is giving me a headache. I'll be at the bar if you need me
Here's the full run-down from the horse's mouth, Sony itself. The following issues occurred for anyone trying to access the Hunting and Trading DLC in-game:
* Days in game reset
* Missions cannot be started and/or do not reset for retries (user is always told to come back the next day)
* Gang hideouts empty with message to return later
* Some hideouts not recognized as gang hideouts and others say “please come back later”
* Buffalo herd not spawning
* Savvy merchant does not register that you have bought stuff in all gunsmiths
* Herb nodes do not reset and some nodes of all type are empty
* Mission markers gone from map and/or being told to come back after a particular time even after waiting over 24 hours
* The user cannot get back up after falling off a cart during a crash.
* When exiting multiplayer, the game saves but does not return to single-player
* The game only loads the following random events: “the poacher”, “the herbalist”, duals, and “damsel in distress”. Missing are: “horse thief”, “posse lynching”, “cannibal” “wagon theft”, “suicide”, “hanging rescue”, “assist the law with escapees”, “dynamite delivery/explosion”, “prostitute attack”, “posse lynching”
The good news, though, is Sony has pushed out the real, final version of the DLC. It's nearly four times the size of the incomplete version. Anyone who buys the add-on from now on will not have any of the above problems.
For those who already bought and downloaded the DLC, you're going to need to go into the "Game Data Utility" folder from the PS3 XMB and deleat the Red Dead Redemption file. Then, go into the PlayStation Store, find the DLC in your download history, and re-download it.
This kind of thing is starting to become troubling in its frequency. Earlier this year, Microsoft had a similar problem when it put out a DLC update for Modern Warfare 2 before it patched the game itself to be able to accept the DLC. The unplanned glitch caused many gamers to be locked out of their game for days while Microsoft found a fix.
[ Source: PlayStation Blog Europe ]
Oct 19, 2010
8 funny Red Dead Redemption glitches that will make you smile
From flying people to horse humpers. The West just got weird
Red Dead Redemption update fixes multiplayer annoyances
New patch amends glitches and makes online experiences fairer for everyone
Red Dead Redemption superreview
Saddle up for a breathtaking Wild West romp as Rockstar deliver another classic
Log in using Facebook to share comments, games, status update and other activity easily with your Facebook feed.