We Recommend

• BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 8:49 a.m.

...It's a Sonic game still handled by SEGA, it's gonna take a lot of work on their part to prove this isn't yet another mediocre entry of the series.
  • shawksta - May 17, 2013 12:08 p.m.

Compared to their last games, (Sonic and the Black Knight on Wii was the most horrible thing i have ever seen, ITS NOTHING BUT HACK N SLASH) Sega slightly got it right with Colors because its gimmicks focused on the actual gameplay this time, but the voice acting was atrocious. Generations was basically Fanservice that actually went well. With that said, its possible this might go well though i do heavily agree, i want Sonic Adventure terms back, Im playing the HD version of 2 and i didnt expect it to be so great.
  • BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 12:29 p.m.

...I actually meant that Sonic Adventure and by extension Adventure 2 were atrocious games in hindsight. They wowed everyone back then because of the graphics and the scope of the game, but the dated gameplay and terrible controls do not hold up at all. Not to mention how unbearably corny the entire cast of characters and music is.
  • Frieza - May 17, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Hey, at least the Chao Garden still holds up pretty well. At least I think it does. I thought it was the best part of both Adventure games.
  • BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 1:41 p.m.

I never paid much attention to it, so I couldn't say either way. But if that's what you consider the best part of the games, then that speaks very badly for the main game XD
  • shawksta - May 17, 2013 2:56 p.m.

What i really like about 2 though is that my expectations on the 2 different teams were null and void. I assumed both teams were rehashes but while they technically are, the level design for each is much more different and has them do one thing the other doesnt so i liked that.
  • BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 3:08 p.m.

Pretty sure the gameplay itself wasn't that great though, objectively speaking. Things like jumping and precise platforming handled like shit.
  • shawksta - May 17, 2013 4:02 p.m.

I didn't find that many, but that doesn't excuse that it does have it but honestly from what I played the climbing in Green Forest with Sonic was a piece of shit and Eggman and Tails's jumps handle like shit, even when you get the hover ability and pretty much that's it. The Camera can be a bitch sometimes but then again most 3D Platformers have this problem, Mario Galaxy doesn't have walls to have the camera fuck it over which is why it doesn't have it. Meh, your right, but I enjoyed the game more than I expected to and my point was what I expected after Sonic Adventure that they improved in despite the issues we just said.
  • BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 8:29 p.m.

See, I think that's exactly the problem, Sonic fans have left the bar too low with their expectations, so anything that feels like an improvement even if it still makes for a mediocre game feels like a masterpiece suddenly :P
  • shawksta - May 17, 2013 9:01 p.m.

True, though I still stand on having my expectations thrown off with the different gameplay changes. Though sometimes, having low standards can make being surprised easier and makes you enjoy some things better on some occasions, or rather It won't let you have unnecessary standards of expectations. Though seriously, I had low standards for Sonic and the Black Knight, heck, I really enjoyed Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, but goddamn it Black Knight was.atrocious, the story and idea for the final boss was neat but, GODDAMN IT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SPEED IT SONIC NOT STOP AND HACK N SLASH
  • BladedFalcon - May 17, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Tell that to Sonic Unleashed! :D
  • shawksta - May 18, 2013 10:51 a.m.

Yeah i guess, but atleast Daytime Sonic was neat
  • shawksta - May 17, 2013 1:28 p.m.

Guess i read that wrong. Sonic Adventure, THAT game was outright horrible to come back to, However playing Adventure 2, my only real problem is the camera on some parts and that the music drowns the actual voice acting, otherwise it was still great, especially the difficulty on the extra missions,in my opinion at least, because i didnt play 2 to begin with. Im just saying they should follow that with a better format this time. but hey who knows
  • antiAntag0nist - May 17, 2013 8:23 a.m.

“SEGA have chosen to exclusively partner with Nintendo to distribute or publish the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles throughout Europe and Australia" So what about does that mean for the US? I wonder if it will still be Nintendo exclusive, or if the game will come to the 360 & PS3 as well.
  • GR_JustinTowell - May 17, 2013 8:26 a.m.

It'll still be Nintendo Exclusive - I expect this is just that we were sent the European press release. I'm sure we ccan update the story later if the US one comes through saying the same thing.
  • antiAntag0nist - May 17, 2013 8:33 a.m.

Alright then, that makes sense. It is a bit unfortunate that it won't be coming to other consoles, but I guess that's more incentive to pick up a Wii U one of these days.
  • zelta38 - May 17, 2013 8:17 a.m.

Sonic being a Nintendo-platform exclusive when at launch Sonic and Mario were the mascots of rival platforms, this is quite an interesting development, especially revealing how unusual Nintendo's tactics are in the face of a dearth of Wii U support.
  • winner2 - May 17, 2013 7:50 a.m.

I really hope it's a good sonic game, I'd love this for my XL