Topics

iwata Quiz

• Fredeur - March 14, 2014 6:02 p.m.

Great article! I would have just add one thing for the PC fanboy : "You have a $500 Geforce and you are really proud to play games whick look like NES game".
  • mikey-sleepygecko-mccann - March 14, 2014 10:57 p.m.

im not sure i understand that argument... it sounds like you think pc gamers all play indie games, all platforms have indie games but the difference is that pc gamers get these indie games on steam for up to 80% off the base price which was already cheaper than xbla
  • LoneFullmetal7 - March 15, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Or we get 10+ games for a few bucks in bundles.
  • Fredeur - March 16, 2014 5:21 a.m.

I was talking about games like Papers, Please, Nidhogg, Risk of Rain, which are PC exclusives for the moment. PC fan boys brag about their powerful machines, and brag about their NES look-alike great indie games. They are graphic whores and some belong to the indie fag mafia (i believe this is not a term used in english, it is from a french site). I find it amusing. They are also cheapass Steam Sales addictives who don't mind to buy every six months a new and shiny $500 GPU. And of course i am caricaturing, it is the point of this funny article.
  • McEd - March 14, 2014 5:56 p.m.

I love Titanfall but I did not like xbox one so I got it on PC.
  • g1rldraco7 - March 14, 2014 5:40 p.m.

They should have added a last gen fanboy/girl option because alot of us aren't rich to get a PS4 or Xbox1 right away. Me I invested so much into my 360 and I plan on getting my money's worth before I go into the process of getting an Xbox1. Besides I am sick and tired of people going yuck or making that face like oh you still have a 360? I have hit people for making those faces at me and let's just leave it at that.
  • Mikano94 - March 14, 2014 noon

Any fanboy is still better than "Fanboy Coop"
  • g1rldraco7 - March 14, 2014 5:40 p.m.

I agree completely.
  • swedishfrog - March 15, 2014 6:35 a.m.

well, for having myself on the wrong side of that image, I can tell you, there are some pretty bad fanboy moments we wish we could take back... Even if FanboyCoop is a benchmark ;)
  • Subgenre - March 14, 2014 11:48 a.m.

What if, and hear me out on this, some people just like games and will enjoy them regardless of what platform they're on?
  • pl4y4h - March 14, 2014 1:09 p.m.

WHAT!!!!!????? BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!
  • shawksta - March 14, 2014 10:54 a.m.

Much like everyone else, this feel too specific And frankly you aren't a real gamer if your only gonna own a Wii U/Wii without a companion 360/PS3/PS4/Xbone. Also since I'm at it. GODDAMN IT SAKURAI, TWO HOURS, YOU DELAYED THE UPDATE FOR TWO HOURS AND IT WAS JUST AN AVERAGE 3DS SCREENSHOT AND NOT YOSHI, WE ALL DIED WAITING FOR HIM.
  • Vonter - March 14, 2014 10:49 a.m.

I think I'm more of an old timer in regards to games, since I wish I could see more game types, and also games that looked cool, but not necessarily take themselves too seriously with "realism". How about games that are easy top get into but hard to master? Also am I the only one missing game mascots rather than having the hurt and bitter MC we have been seeing often?
  • homestar99 - March 14, 2014 9:44 a.m.

Nope. Still agnostic. Can't swear allegiance to just one. I might only own Playstations but I like all the consoles. Except mobile gaming, can't stand that stuff.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 14, 2014 9:40 a.m.

Too specific and exaggerated, but I guess that's what the industry think of fanboys nowadays and don't think Multigamers exist. Your definitely right about the whole "Feel like the bullied kid" point though, its just too easy nowadays to write a shitty article against Nintendo and people will actually support your point about it no matter how stupid it is, Mcshea I'm looking at you.
  • praysolace - March 14, 2014 9:29 a.m.

I don't think calling X an "obscure JRPG that’s nigh-guaranteed to tank everywhere outside of Japan" is fair or accurate, considering that JRPGs aren't a small niche even in the west and Xenoblade Chronicles made itself a big name in that sizable group of gamers. You can't even get a used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles that doesn't cost more than the game initially retailed for brand new; that's not exactly what I'd call a bad omen for X.
  • BladedFalcon - March 14, 2014 9:41 a.m.

...Um, you can't find a cheap copy of Xenoblade Chronicles not because it was super popular, you can't find a copy because it's release was super limited in the US to begin with. Games that end up fetching a high price after they are launched are seldom the popular, big seller games, it's the games that had a very low quantity of games shipped overall, for whatever reason. I'm not saying anything about the quality of the game itself, but it was most definitely niche, so much so that it took years for it t come to the US, and even when it did, it was a limited release that was sold almost exclusively by GameStop.
  • praysolace - March 14, 2014 9:49 a.m.

Which means that they underestimated the demand for it. They could give X a bigger run and still see it sell well in the west. And it took forever to come to the west because the people deciding what gets localized have been underestimating the continued demand for JRPGs for some years now. I mean, when they finally did localize Xenoblade Chronicles because of Operation Rainfall, it outsold their expectations, and it's not like they made too few games to make any money. It did not "tank." X is not likely to "tank" either.
  • Cyberninja - March 14, 2014 9:42 a.m.

Its true Xenoblade sold better outside of Japan.
  • BladedFalcon - March 14, 2014 9:11 a.m.

Fun to read, but yeah, not a great quiz in itself, questions are too specific, concerning recent events, or too shameless. It's hard to think anyone but the most boneheaded kind of fanboys would completely and unironically say that all of the questions for a specific type apply to them. And for the rest of us, some of this MIGHT have applied if they weren't so specific, but as it stand, no one single point made here applies to me, for example. Which is a good thing I guess, but it defeats the initial premise of this quiz that "everyone's a fanboy one way or another".
  • universaltofu - March 14, 2014 9:01 a.m.

A last gen fanboy?