We're not talking aboutmultiplayer exploits- Treyarch's official forums are being lit upwith seriouscomplaints fromPS3 gamers trying to play Call of Duty: Black Ops. Perhaps the most embarrassing is thatthe game is apparentlyfreezingfor players with 3D TVs, despite both the game and the PS3 being touted as the best 3D products available.
That's certainly not the only issue being reported, though. A post on the official Black Ops forum has compiled all the known issues being experienced by PS3 gamers.
The following are all the bugs and glitches being reported:
- Cannot invite friends to join the game
- "Disconnected due to transmission Error" appears after a match
- Mic icons not displaying in game lobby
- "Locale Search" not functioning
- Players respawning too close to enemies
- "Theater" mode not functioning
- Knifing control doesn't work
- Leaderboard information is wrong
- Framerate issues
- Crashing issues
This is clearly not just a handful of users having problems with their gaming setup, and they aren't "multiplayer is sooo unbalanced" whining. These are functional, substantial glitches that, if all true and as widespread as it appears,we'd imagine Treyarch should be frantically looking into.
It should be noted that none of the above problems are being reported with any frequency in regard to the Xbox 360 version of the game. PC gamers are, though, experiencing lag issues in online play as well.
[Source: Black Ops forum(currently "offline for maintenance")]
Nov 10, 2010