• bobob101 - November 4, 2011 12:41 p.m.

But if I pre-buy it and only play single player, that's cool?
  • UberNoob - November 4, 2011 2:28 p.m.

LOL I honestly laughed at that :)
  • Pwnz0r3d - November 4, 2011 2:54 p.m.

That's what, 3 hours of play? You're going to play online. It'll probably be a stat reset anyways, as there is no legit reason for the consumer to punished; They have an advantage online from playing more? You don't see that complaint when a game has had a beta. They'll spoil the story? No one cares about it. Americans will win, your character will die, and Makarov will most likely be killed. Unless Price thinks losing so many men is unfair and kills everyone out of spite and anguish. Think about it; if these early players find the inevitable bugs, they can work on a hotfix before the game is even released. Then they won't have the same problems as Battlefield. I hate to be giving advice for this game, but its just true. This could be a good thing for them.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - November 4, 2011 12:39 p.m.

This is just a big fuk you to the consumer. Actvision already knows that they'll sell millions of copies, what's the harm of letting a small number of those games be played early? Maybe they actually got tired of the modders in the previous Call of Dutys, and are gonna have extremely tight security this time around.
  • tuomotaivainen - November 4, 2011 12:27 p.m.

Sounds like your typical Craptivision douchebaggery to me!
  • demetre-mamatsios - November 4, 2011 12:23 p.m.

The absurd for Game store to not adhere by the rules on Pre-release , do I blame the consumer of course not he/she bought the copy legit But as responsible person with common sense you know the dates that this "Games" were given should be stuck by them ... Activision have every right to Ban those said accounts who play the game either on Xbox360 or Ps3 , it all common sense really
  • HankVenture - November 4, 2011 1:58 p.m.

not everyone is going to know when it's released, everyone isn't a gamer who checks this stuff. What about those who just notice it at the store and think wow it's already out? or the parents who pick it up just to be nice for their kids? you can't pick the people who knew it was released early out of the people who didn't and it's not the consumers fault that they saw something for legit sale and then bought it. They shouldn't ban people for playing it just because they want to keep their OO so impressive story under raps for another week
  • CommandantOreo - November 4, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Be a responsible gamer and dont play mp until the game releases, go play campaign or something. you can avoid all this trouble
  • FoxdenRacing - November 4, 2011 11:22 a.m.

I really hope for the next generation of Xbox Live, anything more strict than what MS sets as policy is strictly verboten (forbidden). No online passes, no duplicating already-provided functionality on third-party servers, no contacting third-party servers for permission to use already-provided functionality. One would think MS would put their foot down...'We pay $120 a year for this, why do we have to pay even more so both my kids can play online?' (two siblings, one Xbox) is just as damaging to their reputation as it is to the publisher's, if not more so.
  • SGTCOOL - November 4, 2011 11:10 a.m.

Wouldn't the servers need to be up so that all of the game journalists can play online for all the upcoming reviews?
  • mockraven - November 4, 2011 11:03 a.m.

That's pretty bad. Punishing your consumers for *consuming* your product is bad business practice. While patience is a virtue, it's the retailers' fault for selling the games early. The ones responsible for early release should be the ones who get canned, not the players who paid legitimate money for the games. The worst I'd want to see from the player side of things is having the online content disabled until release date. After all, whether or not the online access works properly yet isn't expected until release, anyway.
  • flabslapper - November 4, 2011 11:15 a.m.

Whats SUPPOSED to happen is that the business gets fined and the person responsible for putting the games out gets fired (usually a low level employee, even if it is a higher-up who told them to put it out, because that's life), which I'm guessing the fine is what's supposed to cover the publisher for any perceived loss of revenue But punishing the consumer just seems...odd, like I'm sure most of the people who bought it knew that they were getting it before street date, and anyone who bought multiple copies of the game to sell on ebay knew they were in the wrong, but really, how much money is being lost here? It's probably just a power thing
  • mockraven - November 4, 2011 1:46 p.m.

What's supposed to happen makes a lot more sense than this crap. I'm not one to go rushing for early releases, but I definitely don't like the implied threat of account bans. Were I to pick up a game early and play it, I would probably be unaware that I got the game before everyone else since 1.) release dates change all the time (usually they're pushed back but sometimes they're released sooner) and 2.) I'm rather absent minded and would assume that I was mistaken on when that game was supposed to be out.
  • flabslapper - November 4, 2011 10:58 a.m.

I'm not one to defend Activision (that's Dan Americk's job lol) though I wonder if it's a server issue, as in, if they mean do not take the game on line because we're not ready yet of course seeing that it is Activision it's probably more of a 'OH NOES the game is out early thatmeans it'll be pirated early and eat into out profit because all gamers are untrustworthy thieves and we don't have Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero to fall back on!'
  • SGTCOOL - November 4, 2011 10:56 a.m.

If you play a pre-release copy of MW 3, your account may be subjected to a tar and feathering.