Topics

Pokemon

• BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 11:19 a.m.

...Meowstick? Really? that's the English name they went with *facepalms* I'm not a huge fan of the new revealed pokemon, except Tyrunt, he looks kinda cool, we'll see how his evolution turns out though. I had the same hopes for Litleo, but Pyroar let me down.
  • shawksta - September 13, 2013 2:10 p.m.

Pyroar has 2 forms, depending on male or female its design changes but that's it. Anyone who thought it was gonna be a manticore set their standards to high. But the Kanji symbol on his mane is neat What happened, I thought you liked Talonflame :P unless you meant the ones revealed right now
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 3:45 p.m.

Yeah, i meant the ones revealed in this week :P Talonflame and Vibern are still dear and near to my heart. And Pangoro is awesome, though I am not sure I'll use him because he is probably going to be a slowpoke. And I don't deal with slow Pokemon. As for pyroar... yeah, I hadn't seen the female form until today, and I DO like that one a bit better... but eh, I dunno, that face looks weird. Also, I wasn't expecting a manticore or anything like that, just a more fierce kind of lion... as it stands, he looks more foppish than fierce.
  • shawksta - September 13, 2013 6:28 p.m.

I know you probably didn't, but apparently people were because apparently "litleo's tail looks like a scorpion, maybe he'll turn into a manticore!" Some people are even thinking they make Pyroar like that so "he can Mega evolve into a Manticore" pfft. Here's a funny joke I read somewhere about the Female Pyroar "Look guys I love Pidgeot as much as the next guy but its Mega Evolution into a Lion is just too much"
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 9:44 p.m.

lmao, well, that would explain it's normal typing, lawl XD
  • C.King - September 13, 2013 2:26 p.m.

i'm with you on pyroar, i don't really like normal as a secondary type was hopping litleo would have some badass evolution to make up for the normal type.
  • C.King - September 13, 2013 2:46 p.m.

is it pyroar's color scheme that's bothering you? the main is too big and the only thing with color making it impossible to ignore i can't see the rest of em
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 3:47 p.m.

Not so much the color as it is the fact that he looks like a fop, or a coward, he's too thin, and that mane is too trimmed... Also, it's not the color itself, but the way his mane is distributed it reminds me of an umbrella... which is silly, and not the kind of thing you'd associate with a lion.
  • shawksta - September 13, 2013 11:15 a.m.

Quilladon is preparing something, middle stages always do, especially grass types, watch that armor of his turn into a badass battle suit Speaking if which, I'm kind of stuck, I want Chespin, but at the same time I want to choose bulbasaur, risking having the same type starters BUT Bulbasaur and evos being half poison and hopefully Chespin's final evo getting a second type will make it worth it, especially since Poison types gain an advantage now against Fairy Bounce is flying type, not Water I like how Pyroar's mane has the kanji symbol for fire, nice touch Meowstick works 2 different ways, its Male version is more helping based, while the female version is more Attack based then again they could have 2 different names but it doesn't look like it
  • J-Fid - September 13, 2013 3:56 p.m.

Stuck between Chespin or Bulbasaur? Why not choose both! That's what I'm doing! As a huge fan of the Grass Type, two Grass Type starters is amazing. Oh, and Mega Venusaur will be amazing. And you can always use the Torchic they're giving away.
  • BladedFalcon - September 13, 2013 9:45 p.m.

...Having two or more Pokemon of the exact same type seems like a waste of your precious 6 slots, but that's just me.
  • shawksta - September 14, 2013 1:17 a.m.

Thats what i meant, i want both, but both being grass makes it a waste, im hoping for Chespin to be a dual type in its third stage so it wont be all a waste, otherwise Venasaur's poison typing is gonna be useful
  • BladedFalcon - September 14, 2013 5:45 a.m.

...Yeah, had forgotten about venusaur's poison typing... And SEE? I used to thought it was useless for him to be typed that way, but now it'll make him the only starter out of the six (Assuming Chespin's final isn't grass/steel... which could be a stretch) that would have an innate advantage against dat fancy new type everyone's chirping about XD Charizard is still way cooler though :P
  • shawksta - September 14, 2013 11:39 a.m.

You can say that again, I like to use Poison type moves but they don't really do anything other than hit Grass types for Super effective. Charizard is infamously cooler, in fact I'm already planning on choosing him in Heart Gold, but then that reminds me I need to reset to get my Feraligatr and transfer my Typhlosion out. I just hope my fav starters get neat Mega's.
  • BladedFalcon - September 14, 2013 1:19 p.m.

In all honesty though... I've never really been too attached to any starters, to be honest XD They are definitely good pokemon, but I usually gravitate towards pokemons that are more specialized than Starters are. (Which by necessity are balanced, but not awesome at any one thing.) So usually I do stick by them for a good chunk of the main campaign, but once I play advanced levels and have a good idea of how to balance my team, I end up switching them for something else XD That said though... if the rumors of Frogadier evolving into a bad-ass ninja frog are true, (And he gets either fighting or dark typing, either would be more useful than having him simply be water.) then I might have a new personal all time favorite XD Specially if he had good speed and at least ONE good attack stat.
  • shawksta - September 14, 2013 2:55 p.m.

Yeah but back then, my bros Typhlosion and Feraligatr were my bros. And they are more awesome now, I'm still waiting for those Dream World versions, Sheer Force and Flash Fire are gonna be a ton better than the usual Torrent and Blaze for every starter. That rumor just seems closer to be true, Chespin Line looks like its preparing its "Knight" look, especially with the Quilladen sounds like a fusion of "Quill" and "Paladin", Fennekin line is DEFINITELY a "Mage", especially with second evo having and using a wand on its tail. As for Froakie, he does look like a "Thief/Ninja" but the choice of Fighting or Dark is gonna be interesting. The rumor says the theme is RPG archetypes and it looks like it. Its gonna be awesome if its true.
  • J-Fid - September 14, 2013 7:09 a.m.

I always pick the grass starter each new generation, and I didn't use Venusaur last gen. at all, so his time is due. Also, I'm going to use him for his Mega Evolution, making him kind of a new Pokemon.
  • BladedFalcon - September 14, 2013 8:07 a.m.

...They are still two grass type pokemon in a single team. My point stands :P
  • J-Fid - September 14, 2013 12:06 p.m.

Your team, your rules. My team, my rules.
  • BladedFalcon - September 14, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Of course! Hence the "But that's just me" at the end of my initial comment.
  • shawksta - September 14, 2013 1:19 a.m.

I meant both actually, not either one :P its the fact that they are both grass, if Chespin evo is dual, itll be better for me