• AntistaLovebot0069 - July 28, 2011 4:24 p.m.

Im not gonna lie, Im thinking about picking one up now.
  • Linktoreality - July 28, 2011 4:22 p.m.

I got mine day one, and I'm cool with exclusive GBA games and the time I've spent with it thus far in exchange for the higher price.
  • db1331 - July 28, 2011 4:13 p.m.

@TheKey Sure they wouldn't make a profit on each system sold, but overall they would make a profit from the software sales. You are aware that at $250, they are selling PS3s at a loss as well.
  • Personamanxx - July 28, 2011 3:57 p.m.

Now, I just have to try and connect to the eShop before August 11th. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out but don't I need a card or something?
  • Personamanxx - July 28, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Well... yeah, can't say I'm too pleased by this seeing that I bought my3DS a few weeks ago, but I guess getting some free games is something at least even though I doubt I'll touch most of them.
  • kevkev - July 28, 2011 3:48 p.m.

Still not enough to get me to buy it. I'm saving my money for Sony. I would rather pay $249.99 for the Vita than $169.99 for a 3DS.
  • jmcgrotty - July 28, 2011 3:45 p.m.

Why are they trying to be so secretive? Just call it what it is: Clearance sale.
  • SirNinja - July 28, 2011 3:39 p.m.

A surprisingly nice gift to the early buyers, actually. Those games probably go for $5-$8 each in the store, so getting twenty [!] of them for free is quite nice. I may just buy a 3DS after the price drop. I promised myself I was going to wait for the inevitable upgrade, but Ocarina 3D is getting harder to resist...
  • TheKey - July 28, 2011 3:33 p.m.

@db1331 I honestly don't think Sony can match the price and still make a whole lot of profit. Maybe it's just me though.
  • gamingfreak - July 28, 2011 3:28 p.m.

Wow, this is pretty cool of Nintendo. I wasn't expecting free games, good thing I bought my 3DS two weeks ago.
  • therawski - July 28, 2011 3:24 p.m.

Wow this actually is pretty incredible. Considering that the line up of free games possibly encludes exclusive content for early adopters, just have to connect once to eShop before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11, you might want to pick one up before the price change goes in effect ("blackbar" 3ds?)
  • Taxtm - July 28, 2011 3:22 p.m.

I am glad to have gotten a 3DS on release day all the more now. Really, I only did because my DS was screwed up and I couldn't use the L or R buttons at all, so I needed a replacement and went for the upgrade, but this is a great added bonus!
  • Burdmayn - July 28, 2011 3:19 p.m.

I felt like $250 was a bit expensive from the start but I still bought a 3DS on launch day anyway. Since then, it seems like Nintendo has done nothing but throw free stuff my way to compensate for the lack of full games on the system, and I for one love it! If you really feel like you're being cheated by this price drop, then you should have waited. We have something called the internet these days, and it gives you plenty of ways to research what you're buying into. That aside, I really feel like this gives the 3DS a great fighting chance against the PSVita. It's looking like we're set to repeat the DS vs PSP fight all over again. Cheaper, less powerful hardware against the graphical powerhouse that costs more. I'm rather excited to see how this pans out.
  • TheDigitalG - July 28, 2011 3:18 p.m.

Yes! I've never played Yoshis Island, this is very welcomed.
  • MrDuracraft - July 28, 2011 3:17 p.m.

@MattOfSteel Wow, well said. OT: I was really surprised when I saw they were dropping it so soon, but 10 free VC games along with 10 exclusive to Ambassadors GBA games? Yes please. On the eShop if each of these games were $4-$5 that's $80-$100 in free games, a great justification to those who have already gotten the 3DS
  • ACGUY - July 28, 2011 3:11 p.m.

Wait changed my mind looked at the games they were doing it's already a steal. THANK YOU NIN10DOH!
  • Enclave84 - July 28, 2011 3:08 p.m.

I picked one up the day it came out, but I am happy that atleast there not just saying screw you to the people who bought it before the price drop and are giving us some free games. I'm probably gonna get them all if you can, and if not I'll probably get Metroid fusion and Mario kart...maybe even zelda
  • statutoryreparez - July 28, 2011 3:07 p.m.

I bought one first and even with the lack of good launch games ive been satisfied with street fighter, doa, and ocarina but i know more game will eventually come out even if it IS taking forever
  • MattOfSteel - July 28, 2011 3:04 p.m.

Meh. Yeah it is dropping the price but then again I've had the thing since launch day. I hadn't upgraded the DS since my DS lite. I never got it for the 3D but because it was the first major increase in processor power. I got the third party battery extender and yeah, it does double the battery life. And surprise, surprise ... I still play my DS titles on it. Now I'm getting free awesome retro games? Bitchin' Nintendo is like an old friend. Occasionally they do something retarded, but you know they mean well. Doesn't erase all the good times you've had and will have again if you aren't a judgmental bitch about it.
  • ACGUY - July 28, 2011 3:01 p.m.

Ah shit should've waited for this drop instead of first day but. I could've gotten 2 extra games.... :(