Topics

Nintendo

We Recommend

• Nap1400 - April 12, 2011 10:12 p.m.

@crumbdunky: The gameplay we've seen uses the control stick. The touch screen is used for your inventory, which actuallyenhances the game since you don't have to pause every two seconds to equip the iron boots. It won't be like the DS Zeldas.
  • Alomeigne - April 12, 2011 10:01 p.m.

@poosmacker nope, plenty of people I've talked to would like one too, and it wouldn't seem like too far of a stretch for Nintendo to do it, so here's to hoping.
  • GhostbustTyler - April 12, 2011 10:01 p.m.

I'll give a crap about the 3DS again when actual games like this come out. I don't feel like shelling out $250 plus another $50 for Street Fighter just to get bored soon after with a drought of games. No offence to Street Fighter, but constantly getting my ass handed to me gets kind of boring after a while
  • claytonmiller - April 12, 2011 9:58 p.m.

@crumbdunky Based on the camera angles (not isometric), I would be willing to guess that it will be controlled with the control stick. I might be wrong, but that seems like the most logical reasoning. Also, I think they mentioned that items will be mapped to the touch screen. Again, I could be wrong (I usually read stuff and forget soon thereafter).
  • crumbdunky - April 12, 2011 9:54 p.m.

Does anyone know what the controls are for OoT 3D though? If the main controls are the BS you contend with n DS Zeldas then it's sure to be the worst Zelda EVER in my book. I NEVER got my head round using the stylus for moving and attacks in PH and just think the control scheme is sloppy beyond being pleasurable in any real sense. Hate it and it's possibly the only thing stopping me from getting a 3DS JUST to play through what's still one of my top three games ever even today. Ahh, it's probably only me though.
  • poosmacker - April 12, 2011 9:50 p.m.

Am i the only one that wants a Majoras Mask remake?
  • EnragedTortoise1 - April 12, 2011 9:49 p.m.

Imo, this article needs moar cynicism. Because the concept of Wii Play: Motion is the stupidest thing Nintendo has done since... well.. the last "Wii" game (Wii Fit, Wii Play, etc.).
  • Robusken - April 12, 2011 9:44 p.m.

I feel this E3 is gonna be a bit lackluster.
  • n00b - April 12, 2011 9:39 p.m.

when ever the download channel launches on 3ds you can get the original cave story and Shantae: Risky's Revenge. (hopefully) plz update if you can cuz i was looking forward to those games but had no dsi
  • ALinkToTheZack - April 12, 2011 9:31 p.m.

Perhaps the cynicism is appropriate, but I for one am pumped for OoT 3D whether or not it's a remake. It happens to be a remake of one of my favorite games.
  • meh - April 12, 2011 9:30 p.m.

Holy Mackerel! A Wii game WITH MOTION? Slow down there, good sir. You mean to tell me that this game comes with MOTION CONTROLS?!! That's revolutionary. Oh, and what's Zelda? Never heard of it. But oh, man. That new Transformers game for the 3DS is gonna be off the chain. For realz, guys. For realz.
  • fullmetallegend - April 12, 2011 9:29 p.m.

Ocarina of Time 3DS is actually a huge deal for me. I never got to play Master Quest and I'd gladly buy it even if it were only a graphic update. It's better than the disappointing DS Zelda games, for me of course.