• ershnuff - 12 hours, 27 minutes ago

I saved Anna with my gas mask. Didn't kill Pavel or Lesnitsky. Got the kid his bear. Watched the whole damn show in bolshoi, listened to pretty much every conversation I could. Saved the big bear. I tried SO HARD to get the good ending but I guess the game wasn't satisfied and I must have have too many people or something. Still bad ending.
  • peter-batelaan - January 13, 2015 5:13 p.m.

Well, i saw the white flash and hear the sound at the beginning of the game. When you report to miller and you must walk with anna. Miller talks to you some more. I stayed to listen and then i had that flash. so in Sparta, you have 3 flashes. Here on the site is standing 2.
  • peter-batelaan - January 14, 2015 3:45 a.m.

And in Facility, when i went upstairs after getting the gun, there were 2 guards at the light panel. 1 puts out the lights and back on. Then i went and put the lights out again and i saw a white flash and heard that sound.
  • peter-batelaan - January 14, 2015 12:54 p.m.

After you and Pavel comes into the theatre, if you follow him a bit, a train is coming in with refugees. 1 man staps out and talks to a guard. if u listen to that conversation about how the refugees arent aloud in yet, you see at the end the white flash and hear the sound
  • peter-batelaan - January 14, 2015 1:09 p.m.

i guess it is bolshoi that u entered when u go inside theatre and if you walk passed the kitchen, a girl gets bad news, about someone who died on the surface. listen to the conversation and you see the white light and hear the sound and the same goes if u watch the shadow figure show to the end.
  • peter-batelaan - January 14, 2015 1:49 p.m.

In Revolution dont kill anyone, then you get that white light and sound again
  • peter-batelaan - January 14, 2015 2:56 p.m.

when you almost at the end, before going to the blacksmith, a gunner and a guard are talking about that spiderwebs are troubling them. if u listen to them till end, you get that white flash and the sound regina and when u start riding in the woodpecker, not to far from where you begin, on the left is an opening. if u walk in, you find some bullets money, an accordeon, and you get a white flash and sound
  • Toucherabbit - January 3, 2015 11:20 p.m.

Killed 100+ People. Killed 5+ unprovoked beasts. Still got good end. *Yus!* Just explored the map and gave to beggars, didn't know it was something people had such difficulty with.
  • ender-iskender - September 1, 2014 2:49 p.m.

I listened every conversation i could. started killing from bandits, actually i killed every single one of the bandits brutally then stopped until church attack then killed every one except pavel , helped bear , earned the teddy bear, played instruments, gaved bullets to beggars, listened the dark one's instructions and that was enough for me to get alternative ending so it's not that hard to get.
  • Megal - February 6, 2014 8:25 p.m.

For everyone to know, it's much more easy to Achieve the "good" ending. Coz I did it. I play it in Ranger Hardcore difficulty, and followed this guide instructions, BUT instead of being good and civilized I killed as much enemies as I could, everyone that was there died. Also didn't stay for the all show in the Bolshoi, though I do sit through the first show, and as said before I also killed all of the soldiers at Red Square. As conclution you don't need to be a good samaritan, in opposite you can be an ruthless as*hole, just do as much of the things the guide says to succeed.
  • megakoresh - August 3, 2013 7:08 a.m.

I have a feeling this has got to do with accumulation of karma. Same way Dishonored works. I have a feeling that killing stuff doesn't really have a lot of weight. If you get enough flashes in a level you can still kill a bunch of people and it'll be fine. That said, the game does it quite sloppily. Lots of the action you have to do don't really make sense. I mean how does playing a guitar or looking at corpses help me be a better person? Killing people who are shooting at me after being spotted is also not a bad thing. It's really weird, I disliked the system greatly. If they put this nonlinearity in (which is great if they do), they need to make sure people can see it by simply being moral. It should make sense, not be tied to some contrived actions.
  • tatyka - July 9, 2013 6:05 p.m.

I did only good things throughout the game... the major 'good deed' i didn't do was to release the prisoners. Other than that I was very charitable, played all the instruments i could find, I saved the hostages and that's the only time I killed human enemy (the bandits who were keeping the hostages, not all the bandits). I saved Pavel from the lonely hands, I collected most if not all the white notebooks. I can't imagine what else I missed out, but I was surprised and a bit shocked (much like with the Shadow of Chernobyl ending on my first playthrough) that I didn't get the good ending....
  • Redders001 - June 24, 2013 8:20 a.m.

Have just completed the game killing everybody that tried to kill me and still got the good ending, have seen so many "guides" to getting the good ending saying not to kill people buts its complete nonsense, all i did was spare anyone who surrendered, didn't kill the demon on the roof, saved Pavel and made sure i explored everywhere and listened to peoples conversations. other than that i killed every Nazi, Commie and bandit and killed the traitor (cant spell his name).
  • john-savor - June 6, 2013 12:29 p.m.

I think that if you receive a brown flash, like if you were to shoot/kill the rats that run past you without harming you right after you reach the church where the demon flies off, it is bad karma, keep out of their sight or at least far enough away
  • john-savor - June 6, 2013 9:01 a.m.

Also in quarantine, after you pass the man calling you a murderer, look to your right and you will see a doctor with a gray gas mask that completely covers his head, he is talking to a man with a yellow vest on, listen to their conversation for a flash Just before you enter the crowd, look to the right to see a man on the table and a guy holding a pistol, listen to the conversation, and when you get the flash, go to your right to get the first note
  • SilentHitoshura - June 1, 2013 11:57 a.m.

This guide is super helpful. Quick addition; Bolshoi has quite a few more Moral points, most of them are in the area with the juggler. Watch the old guy casting shadows for the kids for 1, go back to to the women sitting down for another and watch the hilarious dealer with the hat on back to front, just outside the theatre for another. In Quarantine there is 1 immediately at the incinerator with a scientist in a gasmask and an unmasked guy sitting on a bed. Bolshoi and this one (among others) really help tell the story of the people, citizens and innocents who suffer so I think t's worthwhile seeking them out, especially in Bolshoi.
  • The_Rocket_Jumping_Medic - May 30, 2013 10:35 a.m.

In Bolshoi, watch the whole shadow puppet show for a flash, or good dead as I like to call them. :P
  • Overjoyedleaf - May 26, 2013 9 p.m.

In the mission Regina, At every track switch go toward the dead end there is a morale point at each one.
  • Drake-99 - May 26, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Don't stress if you kill a few human enemies. And don't reload the checkpoint because you didn't listen to a conversation. Be careful what you do, but just note that the game is forgiving.
  • Artyom - May 26, 2013 3:19 p.m.

This guide was very helpful during my 'Redemption' run, and considering the requirements to achieve the "good" ending are vague, I decided to document every screen flash (92), every soldier I killed (22), and every big choice I that netted me the alternate ending. Here's what I ended up with in no particular order: - Saved Pavel (Teaches little Dark One the meaning of Forgiveness, which is a main theme in the game) - Spared Leznitski - Took of my mask to save Anna - Saved the "Bear" - Returned the lost teddy bear in 'Venice' - Saved women & children in 'Bandits' Total number of "Screen Flashes" = **92** So how many people did I kill? My total came out to 22, HOWEVER, 7 of them occurred during the final battle, and 9 occurred during 'The Chase' That means that I only killed 6 soldiers that were in a rested state (Not openly aggressive) So while the GamesRadar guide says not to kill ANY humans, I can officially say that you in fact can. Hopefully this helps some people who were worried about not getting the good ending after reading this guide. If the original author happens to read this, I would be happy to provide more details on the data I collected in order to improve this guide.