• ender-iskender - 20 hours, 9 minutes ago

I listened every conversation i could. started killing from bandits, actually i killed every single one of the bandits brutally then stopped until church attack then killed every one except pavel , helped bear , earned the teddy bear, played instruments, gaved bullets to beggars, listened the dark one's instructions and that was enough for me to get alternative ending so it's not that hard to get.
  • Megal - February 6, 2014 8:25 p.m.

For everyone to know, it's much more easy to Achieve the "good" ending. Coz I did it. I play it in Ranger Hardcore difficulty, and followed this guide instructions, BUT instead of being good and civilized I killed as much enemies as I could, everyone that was there died. Also didn't stay for the all show in the Bolshoi, though I do sit through the first show, and as said before I also killed all of the soldiers at Red Square. As conclution you don't need to be a good samaritan, in opposite you can be an ruthless as*hole, just do as much of the things the guide says to succeed.
  • megakoresh - August 3, 2013 7:08 a.m.

I have a feeling this has got to do with accumulation of karma. Same way Dishonored works. I have a feeling that killing stuff doesn't really have a lot of weight. If you get enough flashes in a level you can still kill a bunch of people and it'll be fine. That said, the game does it quite sloppily. Lots of the action you have to do don't really make sense. I mean how does playing a guitar or looking at corpses help me be a better person? Killing people who are shooting at me after being spotted is also not a bad thing. It's really weird, I disliked the system greatly. If they put this nonlinearity in (which is great if they do), they need to make sure people can see it by simply being moral. It should make sense, not be tied to some contrived actions.
  • tatyka - July 9, 2013 6:05 p.m.

I did only good things throughout the game... the major 'good deed' i didn't do was to release the prisoners. Other than that I was very charitable, played all the instruments i could find, I saved the hostages and that's the only time I killed human enemy (the bandits who were keeping the hostages, not all the bandits). I saved Pavel from the lonely hands, I collected most if not all the white notebooks. I can't imagine what else I missed out, but I was surprised and a bit shocked (much like with the Shadow of Chernobyl ending on my first playthrough) that I didn't get the good ending....
  • Redders001 - June 24, 2013 8:20 a.m.

Have just completed the game killing everybody that tried to kill me and still got the good ending, have seen so many "guides" to getting the good ending saying not to kill people buts its complete nonsense, all i did was spare anyone who surrendered, didn't kill the demon on the roof, saved Pavel and made sure i explored everywhere and listened to peoples conversations. other than that i killed every Nazi, Commie and bandit and killed the traitor (cant spell his name).
  • john-savor - June 6, 2013 12:29 p.m.

I think that if you receive a brown flash, like if you were to shoot/kill the rats that run past you without harming you right after you reach the church where the demon flies off, it is bad karma, keep out of their sight or at least far enough away
  • john-savor - June 6, 2013 9:01 a.m.

Also in quarantine, after you pass the man calling you a murderer, look to your right and you will see a doctor with a gray gas mask that completely covers his head, he is talking to a man with a yellow vest on, listen to their conversation for a flash Just before you enter the crowd, look to the right to see a man on the table and a guy holding a pistol, listen to the conversation, and when you get the flash, go to your right to get the first note
  • SilentHitoshura - June 1, 2013 11:57 a.m.

This guide is super helpful. Quick addition; Bolshoi has quite a few more Moral points, most of them are in the area with the juggler. Watch the old guy casting shadows for the kids for 1, go back to to the women sitting down for another and watch the hilarious dealer with the hat on back to front, just outside the theatre for another. In Quarantine there is 1 immediately at the incinerator with a scientist in a gasmask and an unmasked guy sitting on a bed. Bolshoi and this one (among others) really help tell the story of the people, citizens and innocents who suffer so I think t's worthwhile seeking them out, especially in Bolshoi.
  • The_Rocket_Jumping_Medic - May 30, 2013 10:35 a.m.

In Bolshoi, watch the whole shadow puppet show for a flash, or good dead as I like to call them. :P
  • Overjoyedleaf - May 26, 2013 9 p.m.

In the mission Regina, At every track switch go toward the dead end there is a morale point at each one.
  • Drake-99 - May 26, 2013 4:24 p.m.

Don't stress if you kill a few human enemies. And don't reload the checkpoint because you didn't listen to a conversation. Be careful what you do, but just note that the game is forgiving.
  • Artyom - May 26, 2013 3:19 p.m.

This guide was very helpful during my 'Redemption' run, and considering the requirements to achieve the "good" ending are vague, I decided to document every screen flash (92), every soldier I killed (22), and every big choice I that netted me the alternate ending. Here's what I ended up with in no particular order: - Saved Pavel (Teaches little Dark One the meaning of Forgiveness, which is a main theme in the game) - Spared Leznitski - Took of my mask to save Anna - Saved the "Bear" - Returned the lost teddy bear in 'Venice' - Saved women & children in 'Bandits' Total number of "Screen Flashes" = **92** So how many people did I kill? My total came out to 22, HOWEVER, 7 of them occurred during the final battle, and 9 occurred during 'The Chase' That means that I only killed 6 soldiers that were in a rested state (Not openly aggressive) So while the GamesRadar guide says not to kill ANY humans, I can officially say that you in fact can. Hopefully this helps some people who were worried about not getting the good ending after reading this guide. If the original author happens to read this, I would be happy to provide more details on the data I collected in order to improve this guide.
  • LeoAugustin - May 25, 2013 7:44 p.m.

hey guy,at Red Square,i kill all solders in there but dont kill Pavel, i get the good ending in final i think in case if they are hostle and want to kill you,you cant kill it, but if not you must follow instructions of Dark One
  • kevyn-ukoustoff - May 23, 2013 1:34 a.m.

Tip, On bandit the second u land turn around and crouch u get another tone and flash
  • twostepjake - May 21, 2013 1:43 a.m.

There were a few parts I didn't see listed that I assumed I couldn't kill in. It got to a point where I had to. Like reich and 2 missions after that. I hope I didn't miss anything. I wish there was a way to tell if I'm still in the clear for the "good" ending.
  • Jacko415 - May 25, 2013 11:33 p.m.

You dont need to kill anyone in Reich. dont shot the guys guys chasing you at the end when u get in the rail car, even though pavel tells you too. just crouch instead.
  • KhevaKins - May 20, 2013 4:58 a.m.

I killed people and got the good ending. I killed them sparingly but I still got the good ending. Spoilers I only started killing people after Pavel betrays you though and still, sparingly. Listen to the Baby Dark One, constantly. He tells you not to kill people or things, don't. You can essentially sneak past all the things in the game. If he marks it as an enemy or red you can kill it. There is a baby demon when you climb the ladder and the mother demon breaks the ladder behind you. Don't kill either for good karma. Kill one or both for bad karma. Go of the beaten path, like constantly. It pretty much ensures you will get good karma and some cool loot. Anyone talks you listen, anyone. You hear someone talk about their shoes you stop and listen. Almost always ensure good karma, and some of the conversations are pretty OK to listen to. Still applies while on missions.
  • kevin-verheesen - May 19, 2013 9:43 p.m.

Also a small thing to add even though it is mentioned on this guide. Keep distance of watchmen when asked to, only kill beasts IF you are attacked. If you keep your distance or are otherwise avoidable (if they run from something bigger) they should not be attacked at all Never kill enemy HUMANS (NEVER) or you WILL fail the alternate ending
  • kevin-verheesen - May 19, 2013 9:37 p.m.

Today at 06:30 where i completed the game for a second time and achieved the alternate ending. I'd like to share a few things with others to make this guide bether! :) First of all to start with what Calarahil mentioned, DO NOT GET SEEN! I can't urge this enough as you will result on killing the second guard further back towards the tunnel with 2 other guards and a soldier or citizen that is tied and sitting on hes knees. The first guard as you approach the open area can be reached by moving up on the vehicle on the wall side while the other guard on the other traincart has no way of getting up there. You will see a lamp on the left side of the traincart, blow it out and wait (if he notices something odd) untill everything is back normal and he sits down again, now you can knock him out on the left side of the traincart. Second thing where the guide was wrong is at the begin mission of The Garden. The flooded store on the right side that can be accessed via a plank does not count towards the alternate ending. Infact there is no flash or tone to begin with but still a nice spot to get some goodies! Hey perhaps a bag of chips ? :) Gl all on getting your Alternate ending :D
  • jacksonsniper94 - May 18, 2013 1:34 a.m.

I did try to limit the killing as much as I could =( especially on Ranger mode :( still unable to get this ending.