Woah. Serious business. It seems Kotaku has acquired the motherlode leak on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Story locations, new multiplayer modes, new multiplayer maps, screenshots, every single plot -point right to the ending.... If this stuff is real, the whole game has been blown. We've decided not to reproduce it all here. You can decide how much you want to know for yourself, and head over to Kotaku if you want it all. Instead we've produced a rough bullet-point overview. Read on if you want to, but know that here be spoilers, however much reduced from the full menu.
- The story picks up immeduately after the end of Modern Warfare 2. Price and Soap are making their escape to safety, but the Russian invasion of America continues.
- The story takes in locations all over the planet and sees you playing existing characters and a cast of new Delta Force operatives. The plot revolves around attempts to track down bad honcho Makarov, hold off the Russian forces in occupied America, and bring about a peaceful resolution to the conflict. The Russian President and a peace treaty become major plot points.
- Price and Soap are present throught the story, but it seems that sometimes they'll be NPCs in the scenes that involve them.
- There are 20 multiplayer levels. It's not known whether some will be DLC. Brooklyn, Africa and Paris are three locations, and all are also mentioned in the reported storyline.
- Spec Ops returns, and there's a second mode this time, called Survival. It sounds like CoD's version of Horde mode, with multiple waves attacking a co-op team until the players are eventually overcome.
Want more? There's a lot of it over at Kotaku. A lot. You were warned.
May 13, 2011