• John-117 - January 25, 2010 8:30 p.m.

Forgot to add this but I'm very interested how the 'Shadow War' mechanics are going to work as the community gets into it. Some interesting ideas they have just how they may work out is the question
  • John-117 - January 25, 2010 8:25 p.m.

Well I'm glad you're waiting seeing as the online is the major(see only) component of MAG. A good run of how things play out should definitely help seeing how didn't get to experience the progression or the teamwork aspects. The beta was pretty entertaining but like you've said there are alot of other FPSs to get into. The huge matches that have worked for me where everyone was following the orders and working together was a blast so it'd be interesting to see how the games pans out at launch(servers and community).
  • CreeplyTuna - January 25, 2010 8:09 p.m.

um... Cod MW2 had a terrible 6 hour lonmg story line, and mag isnt about the story, so uh, yeah.
  • Yeager1122 - January 25, 2010 8:06 p.m.

Your really not doing a super review on this because all the attentions going to be on Mass Effect 2 tommorow right?
  • Amnesiac - January 25, 2010 7:40 p.m.

It's nice to see you guys taking your time and doing this review right. As personally disinterested as I am in this game, I still really want to know if it can work.
  • JustTheBoBreaker - January 25, 2010 7:28 p.m.

Sounds like Mass Effect 2 has got MAG by the balls in quality but I still think MAG will sell very well.
  • NinjaJamez - January 25, 2010 5:43 p.m.

i never expected much of this game. i always think of it like a 7/10 game in best of cases.
  • crumbdunky - January 25, 2010 5:43 p.m.

Well, kudos for doing the right thing and realising this needs a few weeks to settle before it can be judged. I have to say that ?i think Sony have priced it all wrong though:online only should mean less money for the game at retail. I still believe that about L4D and it holds true here as well(even more true for L4D on 360 where you have no mods and less support AND worse looks and framerate AND pay more for it)and whether it's the price it is because of the costs of running the servers and R&D for 256 player online games is irrelevant really as the man in the street won't give a toss. However, I was in ALL the public betas for MAG(open and closed)and I don't agree that it's even aiming for a similar crowd to COD or KZ2. It's after making a great community like we flund on SOCOM when Zipper made those games and TF2 this gen(on each platform) and Warhawk perhaps too. It's never been MEANT to be a blockbuster release and is more of an experiment and showcase for what's possible. Thing is, when you get a good leader and a team wllng to listen and co=operate it's a MAGICAL experience imo. Like when you finally get a great team of randoms to play with and against in TF2 MAG has that same prefect feeling when the blocks fall into place. Though the betas stopped at 64 per side I also didn't suffer anything like the lag I do in MW2 and I'd put my money on early problems that are gone by week2 on the lag front. Yeah, the perfect games were rare in the betas BUT now it'll be mainly SOCOM vets and gamers who liked the betas/like team based shooters that wll be in the mix and they should get much more common. So, well done for giving it a chance to impress, and , yeah, it's overpriced on the outside but if t delivers the experiences I flound now and again in the betas it's ll be worth all that and a lot more to be away from the selfish, pick up and play madness of COD et al for me. The only thing I feel you really missed was the potential for greatness WHEN things do fall into their correct place and are totally right in that it's the gamers, eventually who'll decide just how amazing or deflating MAG really is.