• NotBraze - September 28, 2010 1:50 a.m.

Activision better hurry up and find a new CEO because he's a huge liability for the company right now. Every word he says creates huge amounts of backlash from the gaming public, and now it's even gone to the point where EA, who was once known as the cold, corporate machine of the games industry is looking downright saintly compared to Kotick. I know I'm not likely to buy a game from Activision as long as that man is in charge, and the number of people who are in the same boat grows every time he opens his mouth.
  • batmanboy11 - September 28, 2010 1:14 a.m.

Its on like a prawn at dawn...
  • QWERTYCommander - September 28, 2010 12:50 a.m.

@SumthingStupid I have no sympathy for Neversoft. They sold their flagship franchise to a developer with absolutely no known background, just so they could milk the Guitar Hero series to death. Oh, and also, someone got served!
  • ThatGuyFromTV - September 28, 2010 12:40 a.m.

The EA "insert city here" studio argument actually makes sense, even if he completely fails at using the argument in his defense. It's funny, though, because the rest of his mouth-off is worth at least three facepalms.
  • crumbdunky - September 28, 2010 12:16 a.m.

Kotick's problem is no one tells him how ignorant he is or how bad his comments sound. Didn't Activision hire that guy(*forget his name) for the express job of removing Kotick's foot from his mouth? Well, he's doing well, isn't he? Bigfgest among Kotick's shortcomings is a failure to understand anyonwe who isn't ruled by the desire for money 24 hours a day and when IW wanted more creative freedom Bobby, who never made anything warth shit in his life, just didn't grasp the concept and never will. He closes his eyes and sees dollar bills, he opens them and it's much the same I guess but even in other, even more cutthroat businesses I cannot hink of anyone who so readily talks crap about people from a position of knowing naff all and so regularly annoys people he might well end up having to work wioth-or try to. Hios commenst about Bungie beiing the only de cent indie dev around amazed me. In another field he';s have been hauled away for slagging off possible future partners like that! Imagine how future negotiations with the likes of Crytek or Insomniac might now go? I'd put EA favourites now Bobby has told us all, from his font of gaming knowledge, that they're rubbish. I cannot deny despising the guy and finding it amusing EA are the ones actually looking like winning this war of words because Kotick can't even tell the truth about the things he DOES know! Pretty soon, if they cannot shut him up, I imagine the mainstream press will latch onto his madness and your everyday COD fans will learn exactly what type of guy takes their money every year and how much respect he has for them. When it does I'll laugh myself sick and pray people wake up and refuse to buy the same game in a new box every year just to please Kotick. Bottom line is he will never understand games, those who make games(or creatives of any kind)and as a result doesn't care about games and if they even exist in five years time. He'll slash and burn for as long as nhe can get away with it and hopefully this circus is nearing that moment. Rarely has a successful man like Kotick been so happy to look stupid and ignorant and tell bare faced lies showing zero respect for an audience more knowledgeable than he will ever be.
  • Jadernader - September 28, 2010 12:03 a.m.

@shadowreaper72 Straight up
  • JohnnyMaverik - September 28, 2010 12:02 a.m.

He's guna give Dan a heart attack at this rate -_- Also it's a bit rich comparing EA's interference with it's devs to Activision's... I mean Activision give Blizzard free reign and probably Bungie because they have to, EA have 3 to 4x that number signed of partnership deals.
  • BazyLastard - September 27, 2010 11:58 p.m.

Bobby always comes across as one of those, "all the cool kids made fun of me and beat me up in school, but now I'm richer than any of them so suck it!" Sadly, no amount of money in the world will make you any less of a loser.
  • shadowreaper72 - September 27, 2010 11:50 p.m.

Damn I swear if I ever saw Kotick in public Id kick his ass so far the next 5 generations of his family will feel the pain! I really hate arrogant assholes like him. And what he said about allowing his game franchises to be independent is complete bullshit. The reason why the heads of Infinity Ward left is because Bobby Cockick lied to them, said that they can make an original game after MW2, and when MW2 made his ass some money he decided "you know what I dont care what Infinity Ward wants to do, theyre going to make MW3 whether they like it or not." Saying that his companies has independence is complete bullshit. At least EA actually lets their companies do their own thing. And not only that MW2 wasnt even good. It was complete bullshit to me. The killstreaks are cheap, there's too many damn glitches, and the damn game has been overrunned with loud mouth annoying as hell 8 yr olds. Fuck activision and fuck Bobby Cockick. May his soul burn in HELL!
  • slowdrum13 - September 27, 2010 11:39 p.m.

been on an activision boycott ever since the murder of IW. Skipped singularity, and am going to skip out on dj hero 2 and cod bo.
  • Squinston - September 27, 2010 11:36 p.m.

Cat fight
  • CaptCOMMANDO - September 27, 2010 11:35 p.m.

I love reading about these internal arguments between industrys. Keep it up GamesRadar.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - September 27, 2010 11:32 p.m.

I think we should just accept that Valve and Tim Schafer are better than everyone else, publishing wise. Shut your trap, Bobby. Stand down, EA. Corporations having playground fights about who's more annoying is doing no good to the industry.
  • oneshotfinch - September 27, 2010 11:30 p.m.

Poor, poor Dan... Also, I really want to get that copy of EDGE now. DAMN YOU FUTURE PUBLISHING
  • gamingfreak - September 27, 2010 11:27 p.m.

Kotick is such a dick.
  • SumthingStupid - September 27, 2010 11:26 p.m.

good job Bobby, you can only name IW and Treyarch, what about bizarre, neversoft, beenox or high moon, i think they make good games too
  • MonkeyNinja - September 27, 2010 11:23 p.m.

It's on like donkey kong.