• shawksta - May 6, 2013 2:16 p.m.

Hmm.......this can to bad or surprisingly good, we'll just have to wait and see
  • Letter11 - May 6, 2013 2:12 p.m.

This is so sad. Granted a Battlefront game by DICE sounds enticing, but we all know that only tragedy can come from a lack of competition. Disney closed LucasArts just to sell Star Wars game rights to the highest bidder, not to selectively grant access to the property for the most promising projects like we all had hoped. It makes me sick. Bioware isn't quite the same studio they were when they made Knights of the Old Republic, so I don't even hold out hope there. Let's all look forward to purchasing different light saber colors for the low price of $2.99 a piece. http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
  • MD-Stranger - May 6, 2013 2:05 p.m.

Only appropriate response to this: NOOOooooOOOOooooo I'm guessing this kills off any chance of Obsidian working on a new KOTOR
  • KICKPuncher - May 6, 2013 2:06 p.m.

why in all that is holy would Obsidian NOT working on a new KOTOR a bad thing????
  • MD-Stranger - May 6, 2013 11:33 p.m.

Well, for one thing, KOTOR1 by Bioware was pretty mediocre, ultimately adding nothing interesting to the franchise and having some of the worst selectable dialogue that I've seen in an RPG (Amongst other problems such as a lousy villain, a twist that didn't live up to one tenth of it's potential) KOTOR2 meanwhile has a far more interesting....Well, everything, it's story, characters, villains, dialogue options completely destroy anything Bioware has put out, while it also manages to weave a personal story for your character without ever making you feel out of control. So yeah, I'm rather disappointed at this news, only thing I can see coming out of this is DICE making Battlefront 3 (Or some type of game like that)
  • DarknessFisT - May 6, 2013 2:01 p.m.

The Dark Force is coming and it will be the end of all of us.
  • KICKPuncher - May 6, 2013 1:58 p.m.

I for one am not gonna drink the "EA is the worst" kool-aid...Having 3 outstanding devs working on Star Wars games, backed by EA and Disney money can only be a positive thing....how about we give them a chance to prove themselves before we start poppin' the cyanide, shall we?
  • ZeeCaptain - May 6, 2013 3:06 p.m.

EA isn't the worst, despite the fact they seem to keep wining the worst business in america prize, but they really don't give a shit about quality, innovation, or their fans; and I mean after that what's left besides trying to make maximum profits. They own some good dev companies like DICE and Bioware, but they still get the final say in the matters like whether or not they should release unfinished products like the new Sim City, and speaking of Sim City, I guess it's wrong to say they don't care for innovation, but a game that can only be played online? that's innovation alright, just in the wrong direction. Plus they have a strange idea about quality, such as their idea about taking an original IP like Syndicate and just turning it into a really cruddy FPS, that's not quality, that's just digging up something older gamers had fond memories of and then desecrating it. I would be willing to look past most of this, I mean what company doesn't put out a few bad titles, but I mean really as a whole I can't get over how juvenile EA is as a company, their idea on how to sell their games online without having a middleman, (i.e. Steam) is to make their own version of steam, that has lousy prices, a shitty community, and for some games you have to have it constantly connected to origins to play. So EA isn't the worst company but their pretty bad, and regardless of what company actually makes the new games, they're all going to be just crappy modernized shells of what they used to be, because these companies don't care about the older generation of gamers, the ones that played the original games like X-Wing VS Tie or Dark Forces, there only interested in making games for the younger generation, the ones who grew up on the idea that The Force Unleashed is the pinnacle of star wars games, when everyone old enough to shave knows that The Force Unleashed can't hold a candle to Jedi Knight.
  • TheGeek - May 6, 2013 1:53 p.m.

I felt a great disurbance in the Force...It was if millions of gamers cried out, and then were silenced...I fear something terrible has happened...